cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did ebay end blocking low feedback buyers?

I have a problem with low feedback buyers opening cases and I have more and more 0 feedback buyers. I can't afford to keep refunding items and am insulted by this...

GOOD PUPPY DOG.

WOOF WOOF!

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Did ebay end blocking low feedback buyers?

@socalrecordexchange wrote:

So can I change my ad and say buyers with less then 20 feedback will have there bids canceled unless you contact seller first? I have seen that before.

NO

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

@socalrecordexchange wrote:
By the way I have been selling these things for over 15 years and I'm the go to guy for playtapes on the web. I never had problems wit claims until this year. Maybe the message seller button should be easier to find?

Well your no return policy isn't helping you one bit and forcing buyers to file disputes.
I am not really going to look beyond that but why would you expect a buyer to message you when you made clear your policy.

And going by questions and not knowing that you could never block a zero fb buyer or saying a buyer must have a certain muber of fb to be able to bid or purchase etc the number of years selling is irrelevant....and you can do things to improve what has been happening as pointed out.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

selling these things for over 15 years and I'm the go to guy for playtapes on the web.

EBay has had a lot of new buyers, including 'guest' buyers, and given your expertise, I really do suggest that you rethink your listings.

Simplify.

Tell the buyer what he gets.

Tell him what he needs to play it.

Explain that it is NOT an 8track or a cassette.

I sell postage (mint Canadian) and I still get people who want to know exactly which stamps they will get in the package. Somehow missing the 'postage'and 'below face value' parts.

My particular concern is that the newbies are buying on their phones and not clicking to the full description. (Which is hard to read on a phone and confusing for a dimbulb like me.)

The problem is that we can get too close to our product when we know it inside out.

I agree with encouraging customers to ask questions.

I cringe when you refund without return. 

Niches are great, but sometimes we meet people who just can't figure out what we are selling -- then buy anyway based on what they imagine it is.

buyers with less then 20 feedback will have there bids canceled unless you contact seller first?

No.

How about the guy who just learned these tapes are available and signs up just to buy as many as he can?

Counter-productive.

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

They absolutely did.

Message 34 of 34
latest reply