cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Ebay, Stop Threatening Me

Threatening that you won't let me sell is toothless and stupid when I have clearly quit listing anything for sale.  

Threatening that you will steal my money is equally toothless and miopic when I have clearly written off the ten dollars you or so that you owe me.  

I will never for all of eternity allow you to get your claws into my active business or personal checking accounts.  I just don't trust you.  Previously I had a separate PayPal account just for dealing with you than the one I use for all other transaction because... I just don't trust you.  

Someday when I have time I may open a checking account in a different bank solely for dealing with fleabay, so that the most you can steal from me... err... I mean erroneously accidently screw me out of...  is the amount in that account.  I am clearly making adequate sales without you since I haven't been desperate to open myself up to you.  In the mean time this is formal notice to STOP  THREATENING ME.

You all have a great day.  

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Dear Ebay, Stop Threatening Me

As a side note I spent several days going back and forth (couple minutes at a time) setting up a new online checking account following all of "their" rules, and tried to add it to my account today.  Nope.  Will not accept it.  No typos.  Checked everything several times.  Name as it appears on each respective account, routing number, account number, address details.  All match up.  They just will not accept it.  Yes it is a checking account. Not a savings account.  

I just decided to abandon the money and not sell on the platform.  Its not enough to worry about.  Atleast the nagging has finally been reduced to every couple days.  Thank goodness I yanked a big ticket item before it sold.  

I made several sales today not on Ebay with no headaches and the money will all be in my account by tomorrow as it always is.  

P.S.  Just because something is legal doesn't mean it isn't a threat.  

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@bob_la_londe wrote:

As a side note I spent several days going back and forth (couple minutes at a time) setting up a new online checking account following all of "their" rules, and tried to add it to my account today.  Nope.  Will not accept it.  No typos.  Checked everything several times.  Name as it appears on each respective account, routing number, account number, address details.  All match up.  They just will not accept it.  Yes it is a checking account. Not a savings account.  

I just decided to abandon the money and not sell on the platform.  Its not enough to worry about.  Atleast the nagging has finally been reduced to every couple days.  Thank goodness I yanked a big ticket item before it sold.  

I made several sales today not on Ebay with no headaches and the money will all be in my account by tomorrow as it always is.  

P.S.  Just because something is legal doesn't mean it isn't a threat.  

Is it a checking account through a real bank?

Have a great day
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Do you sell with another id? Im not getting all this angst and indignation if this is your only account. "Fleabay" is kind of corny and overworked now..just sayin'.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

What kind of online account are you trying to attach?

For example  Chime is a financial services  company and not a bank so you might have trouble attaching Chime. Some people said they had to repeatedly try to attach untii it finally worked.

Your name on your checking account has to be an exact match to your eBay account. Your bank can't be John Thomas Doe and your eBay account is John T Doe.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

Pretty sure the OP has proven he doesn't want any advice or help from us since he's discovered that he is not addressing eBay or its employees.  

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@bob_la_londe wrote:

Someday when I have time I may open a checking account in a different bank solely for dealing with fleabay, so that the most you can steal from me... err... I mean erroneously accidently screw me out of...  is the amount in that account.

You seem to be spinning that as some sort of counterthreat when in fact it is simply a Best Practice. You always should keep your business funds separate from your personal funds. It makes the bookkeeping so much simpler.

So just go to a bank or credit union (maybe not something that has only an online presence and no actual offices) that has no fees for on-line deposits and open a checking account there. I know you said you did this already but your wording suggests that possibly it is not one that supports real Automated Clearing House transactions. Credit Unions are another option for checking accounts.

It looks like you are itching to get back into selling on Ebay from the looks of your seller feedback and sales you had in the past (except maybe for ranting at your latest buyer about something that had nothing to do with him - that was kind of unprofessional) so just keep trying to figure out whatever that checking account problem is and eventually you will be back up and running again. Good luck.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

When was the last time you tried to actually talk to an Ebay employee.  Maybe you guys who are power sellers can get through, but I haven't been able to for a long time.  Their old CS number is gone, and the more recent CS number is ONLY for fraud reports.   Other methods seem to go in a circle of "read this article" instead responses.  

Yes its a real bank.  They carry the note on one of my vehicles, and I have a credit card with them.  As stated before I made sure all items matched.  Character by character even making sure a stray space or null character was not causing a problem.  

Ranting at my latest customer?  I've not ranted at any actual customers that I am aware of.  I am honest with my customers and would rather lose them than lie to them.  

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Which bank is it? Have you tried contacting Ebay on their Facebook business page? Use the message link there, they are usually quick to respond and much more professional and helpful than the phone csr's.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@bob_la_londe 

I opened my separate checking account exclusively for my eBay sales from my bank's website. Never had to physically go into the bank to do this.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

That's a good suggestion.  I hadn't thought about contacting them through Facebook.   Can't hurt to try.  

The big problem is the time it has burnt.  That's time I wasn't (necessarily) designing and making parts for customers.  

Frankly Ebay isn't and has never been a big venue for me.  My website is my biggest seller comprising 95%(+) or more of my sales with social media driving many new customers.  A few direct sales links on social media and targeted online classifieds have produced more sales than eBay.  I mostly used eBay for name exposure and name recognition.  

I also have an actual time consuming problem generated by selling on eBay.  One of my competitor sells almost exclusively on eBay and his customers are always contacting me somehow completely convinced I made the item he sells that they want.  It gets worse when he takes a vacation or around the holidays when he takes down his eBay store so he doesn't get negged for not shipping instantly.  As far as I know I don't make a single item that is significantly identical to anything he sells.  Just products in the same general market segment.  For some reason last year it was really bad.  I was getting dozens of contacts a week on multiple venues and by phone.  One day out fishing I was joking about it with a friend of mine making the analogy to Rick Springfield's "Bruce" when my phone rang...  My buddy just about fell out of the boat laughing when he realized what the conversation was about.  

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Wow..that is annoying and weird. Well I would try Ebay Business on FB..the only reason I asked which bank you were using is some sellers have reported here with glitches entering their bank..I believe Bank of America was one of them.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Those aren't threats.

Those are FACTS.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 27 of 27
latest reply