cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***DO NOT click on Webinterpret banner from Ebay.****

Do not click on Webinterpret banner from Ebay. It will automatic sign you up and duplicated all your listing many languages. I click on it last weekend.

I received message from Ebay this morning and it said "Your selling privileges have been temporarily restricted on eBay: Duplicate Listings"

I check all the listings Ebay removed and found that all the duplicated listing is international listings created by Webinterpret.

So I call ebay to see if this is a system error, they said this restriction decision done by ebay team not by system. So there should not be a system error. So I point out that the duplicated listings is created by Webinterpret because it in another languages and other country currency. If it created by us it should be in US and US currency. They said  no one report this problem yet. They will submit one to investigate but I still can not sell for 7 days. WTH?? Really Ebay....

Ebay can not do anything about this yet. So hopefully, all other sellers can read this post before click on that Webinterpret.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@ergp wrote:

Do not click on Webinterpret banner from Ebay. It will automatic sign you up and duplicated all your listing many languages. I click on it last weekend.

I received message from Ebay this morning and it said "Your selling privileges have been temporarily restricted on eBay: Duplicate Listings"

I check all the listings Ebay removed and found that all the duplicated listing is international listings created by Webinterpret.

So I call ebay to see if this is a system error, they said this restriction decision done by ebay team not by system. So there should not be a system error. So I point out that the duplicated listings is created by Webinterpret because it in another languages and other country currency. If it created by us it should be in US and US currency. They said  no one report this problem yet. They will submit one to investigate but I still can not sell for 7 days. WTH?? Really Ebay....

Ebay can not do anything about this yet. So hopefully, all other sellers can read this post before click on that Webinterpret.

@Anonymous

Really this is happening again & CS heard nothing about it & OP can't sell now?
Many more posts then this .
Is it enrolling automatically like it did last time?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=dateRangeType&q=Webinterpret&rangeTime=1y&collapse_discussion=true

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/EcommerceBytes-Deja-Vu-Reports-that-Webinterpret-Mayhem-Strikes/m-p/28950750

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/IMPORTANT-Be-Aware-of-Webinterpret-Promo-via-eBay-Message/m-p/28934475

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/DO-NOT-click-on-Webinterpret-banner-from-Ebay/m-p/28951165

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

brian@ebay

Multiple threads about this and still no reply from anyone at ebay

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Wow so this thing is happening again? I knew ebay didn't do anything on their end except damage control those affected. They probably didn't even contact webinterpret about this at all.

Anyways, I'd like to add my post that was written about this back in May. Warning... it's a looooong read, lots of replies. Frankly because soooo many people were affected and upset about it. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Beware-of-Webinterpret-s-scam-that-ebay-is-allowing/m-p/284509...

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ergp wrote:

Hi @ergp, I reviewed this situation and it does look like these were valid duplicate listing violations. While some listings were created using Webinterpret, they were created from a listing that was already duplicated. To clarify, there were listings you had that would already have been considered duplicate listing violations and those duplicates were synchronized through Webinterpret. Only the duplicates were removed, so one of the two listings is still active for each example reviewed.

Additionally, some duplicates have been present on the site since before you recently selected the Webinterpret banner and were not created with that tool. This tool duplicates listings across our European sites and some duplicate listing violations were found on the eBay.com site with no connection to the Webinterpret tool.

I recommend you review the details provided recently via email for specific details and next steps to identify any other duplicates you may still have.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

There 2 listings ebay removed is from Europe site that created by Webinterpret. If that listing duplicates should the listing from ebay.com site is the one would be removed instead of the one duplicated by Webinterpret.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ergp, you should use the duplicate listing scanner tool created by @shipscript

I ran your ID and it shows you still have a duplicate you need to take care of:

262419433671 & 252377807292

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Wow, thank you @Anonymous
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thing. You should bookmark the page and run a scan weekly. Even though Webinterpret is causing a lot of problems, it didn't cause your suspension for duplicate listings.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

They did that to me too, I had to revoke the token that allows them to access your account and then manually delete all the multiple listings. Webinterpret said that they needed access back to my account& for me to renew the token to fully close my account but I wouldnt do it & months later they finally stopped harrassing me.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I accidently clicked , did not think it's going to double / triple my listings in seconds, can web interpret delete them?
Should I "Revoke this authorization" on ebay third party settings , OR should I wait for webinterpret to reply to my request to cancel??
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I would just revoke the authorization. Can't rely on a company like that since they knowingly opted members in in a shady way.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply