cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy buyer who sends dozens of messages now left me 3 negative feedback for blocking him

I had a buyer who sent me many messages DEMANDING that I tell him where I got my inventory(strange right?) I ignored him. 

Then he sent me 3 e-mails telling me he never received his slides. This was 4-6 weeks after I sent them. (but he never officially opened a case.) I had a feeling he was making it up, so I just ignored him

On advice from here I blocked him. He was MAAAAD!!! He told me to reinstate him or he would leave me negative feedback. 

Now today he has left me 3 negatives. What can I do? Will E-bay look at this? it is obviously vindictive. He emails me every couple days. I never even open the messages anymore, I just ignore him.  He is the craziest most unhinged person I have ever encountered in my life.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Crazy buyer who sends dozens of messages now left me 3 negative feedback for blocking him

....from a landfill in China.

Message 31 of 48
latest reply

Re: Crazy buyer who sends dozens of messages now left me 3 negative feedback for blocking him

I think Ebay is removing defects and negative feedbacks related to late deliveries during covid 19...  as long as you upload tracking within your stated handling time and as long as delivery is within 30 days of the estimate.  

That might be the best approach to take with Ebay to get this feedback removed promptly since 2 out of the 3 negatives are focused on late delivery....

Here's the policy  https://export.ebay.com/en/seller-updates/covid19/covid19/....

Message 32 of 48
latest reply

Y'all seem to have missed this part from the original thread and my post to this thread.

The buyer was BLOCKED, he made a new name to buy a second time, was blocked a second time, the buyer then made a THIRD account then bought again....

The BUYER went around the OP's BLOCKED BIDDER list TWICE.  IF that combined with the threats, constantly harassing emails (not just comments about missing slides) then what on earth DOES get feedback removed???

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 33 of 48
latest reply

@train_slide_central 

When you talk to ebay about getting the feedback removed, point out to them that this buyer went around your block twice, and the harassment.  Don't mention the "missing" items, simply the amount of emails, the feedback threats, and going around your buyer block twice.  Make sure you have the first two names he used so they can see they were on your blocked list.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 34 of 48
latest reply

@cynthealee2 wrote:

@train_slide_central 

When you talk to ebay about getting the feedback removed, point out to them that this buyer went around your block twice, and the harassment.  Don't mention the "missing" items, simply the amount of emails, the feedback threats, and going around your buyer block twice.  Make sure you have the first two names he used so they can see they were on your blocked list.

Although I would ask them to review the messages, too for "feedback extortion"

The policies to quote when talking to CS:

Unwelcome and Malicious Buying

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/unwelcome-malicious-buying-policy?id=4375 

Abusive Buyer

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/rules-policies-buyers/buying-practices-policy?id=4374 

Feedback Extortion

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-extortion-policy?id=4230

Member to Member Contact

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/membertomember-contact-policy?id=4262

And of course

Seller Performance and Feedback

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy/seller-performance-def...

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 35 of 48
latest reply

Here is an update after getting an email from another long time slide seller.  Here is our e-mail exchange:

That guy that has been leaving you negative feedback has yet another a new name: boxcar_hobbies. He has been a problem for 20 years. I block him as soon as I discover his newest name. I must have 15 to 20 names blocked for this one guy.
Paul

Hi Paul,
Yep, I blocked boxcar_hobbies maybe 6-8 months ago. Also I am pretty sure navycommandercurt58 is another. What a complete ass. if you saw some of the messages he sent me you would be **bleep**!!
He never stopped emailing me. never never never. Always trying to tell me how to sell, demanding I tell him where I got my slides. Always claiming I did not send him some of his slides.
And I only got E-bay to remove one of the feedbacks. Cannot call them during COVID. What a jerk.
I really appreciate your emailing me. thanks so much I appreciate it.
Hopefully, most people will look at his feedback and realize it's Bull**bleep**. But he ruined my perfect feedback.
Do you know any other user names he is using?
OK, I am taking a break from listing for a while, I am so burned out. I have been going nonstop for 18 months. I will start back up after 6-8 weeks.

Thanks again!
It feels good to know I am not the only one who knows about him

Take care,
Scott

Hi Scott,
Yes, he (Lon Coone) has always been a problem. I usually catch on it is him, because he uses the same PO Box #, or he will claim he did not receive a slide, even if tracking was added. There is no hope for the guy, he always wants to create turmoil. I have received many insane e-mails from him over the years. The guy needs a life!
Other names he uses or has used that still look to exist are: sal_526, ozarkrail, northgavjv, navycommandercurt58, madison_23, ktms_hobbies, and everywhere_west. There were many more, but they have fallen off my blocked bidders list, so they must no longer exist.
If you find out more and you will, because he is constantly creating new names and stealing people's identity. please let me know. I will do the smae for yoy!
Enjoy the break!
Paul

Ok, that is completely insane.
Because he was sending me all these emails telling me he's good friends with lon coone, and then he told me that Lon Coone told him never to put his name on the listings and Lon doesn't like it and but he loves lon Coone slides and he is the greatest photographer in the world. And he would only buy Lon Coon locomotives, and he uses the phrase "light me up" so I always know who he is hahahaha, what an idiot.

Then one time he went on this tirade about how his friend lin told him many people said lots of bad things about him but none of it's true and he doesn't know why they would makeup stories about him etc etc.
Man that guy is an idiot
He asked me where I got all the slides, and I told him I bought them from a friend of mine. Like it's none of his business but that's what I told him.
Then the next 3 emails he got more and more mad and kept asking and demanding that I tell them where I got them. I just ignored him.
I am so glad to be rid of him for now.
Thanks I'll let you know if I come across him again
Scott

Thats funny, I figured you knew that all those names indeed were Lon Coone. Lon has no friends, so he has to make up names or steal identities and pretend those are his friends. The guy is a mental disaster!

When you return in 8 weeks, he will have 2 or 3 new names by then!
Paul

So there you go!!  I was not imagining that he was crazy, and I don't really thhink there is anything I could have done better to diffuse him seeing as how this is a pattern. 

I feel so much better, because I was stressing so much over the neg feedback, but it doesn't really bother me now.

Thanks everyone!!

Scott

I had a buyer who sent me many messages DEMANDING that I tell him where I got my inventory(strange right?) I ignored him. 

I've had buyers do that before.  I just politely tell them that this in information I do not share with my customers.  Ignoring a buyer is rarely a good idea, especially if you have a current transaction with them.  All you do is annoy the buyer and they will resort to getting your attention one way or another.  Likely in a way you don't like, hence the negative FB.  It likely could have been avoided had you of politely and professionally communicated with your buyer.

Then he sent me 3 e-mails telling me he never received his slides. This was 4-6 weeks after I sent them. (but he never officially opened a case.) I had a feeling he was making it up, so I just ignored him

Good grief.  WHY?  If I were this buyer I would be jumping mad by this point.  All you had to do was check the tracking to know if they were telling the truth or not.  I much prefer my customers contact me with ANY issue they may have instead of jumping right to opening a claim.  Besides carriers are pretty slow in delivering lots of packages during this pandemic.  I've had more late packages in the past 30 days than I've likely had in all my years before.  

On advice from here I blocked him. He was MAAAAD!!! He told me to reinstate him or he would leave me negative feedback. 

Well that was BAD advice.  First you can't block a buyer that has a current transaction with you from communicating with you.  You can block them from buying anything else from you, but not communicating.

If your buyer got mad because they were blocked, there are only two ways they could have even known they were blocked.  One, they tried to purchase something else from you or two you told them.

Now today he has left me 3 negatives. What can I do?

I don't know what you thought would happen here.  You actively and purposely ignored almost every communication this buyer sent you.  You created this monster by doing that.

Will E-bay look at this? it is obviously vindictive. He emails me every couple days. I never even open the messages anymore, I just ignore him.  He is the craziest most unhinged person I have ever encountered in my life.

Hard to say.  Without knowing exactly what was in those emails, there is no way of knowing if they were threatening you that they would leave negative FB for some reason they should not have.  If they were threatening to leave it because you were ignoring emails they sent, then that may not be something Ebay would even consider as you were actively ignoring them and not providing any customer service to them, so they were frustrated.  The only way they had available to them to get your attention was the FB.

It is highly likely that you would not have had so many emails from this buyer had you of answered their earlier emails.

In the future, don't ignore emails from your customers.  Answer them and try to help them if you can.

Message 36 of 48
latest reply

@train_slide_central 

As soon as eBay's call center opens back up you need to call them, and the other seller as well and see if you guys can't get this buyer perma-banned.

Til then I would see if contacting the peeps on facebook through private messages might help get the rest of the negs removed.

I am sorry this nut chased you off eBay.

Message 37 of 48
latest reply

Yes, thanks I appreciate the advice. I was planning on calling them when they open up again. They have answered me on FB before, but this last time they did not answer at all. 

I might try FB again though, now that I know this new info on the jerk. 

Actually, he didn't chase me off, but I have been listing 450 auctions a month for 18 months plus the GTC.  And each auction is a unique slide, so even with a template it takes time to do it all. So i was just getting burned out, I need a bit of a break.

Message 38 of 48
latest reply

I never said anything about you making stuff up or your imagination.  So while you may take issue with what I posted, don't make it out to be something I actually didn't say or even imply.

I am however surprised that Ebay hasn't removed their FB from your account.  If this buyer has a history of doing this kind of stuff they can see it.  Maybe you should contact Ebay again.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 39 of 48
latest reply

@cynthealee2 wrote:

@train_slide_central 

As soon as eBay's call center opens back up you need to call them, and the other seller as well and see if you guys can't get this buyer perma-banned.

Til then I would see if contacting the peeps on facebook through private messages might help get the rest of the negs removed.

I am sorry this nut chased you off eBay.

They shouldn't wait for that.  I don't know that Ebay has announced when this might happen and you don't want to wait so long that Ebay will tell you it is too old and they won't do anything.

Message 40 of 48
latest reply

Do not judge him. Some people are really "ignorant" about ebay and probably have read a dozen how-to books for dummies lol. I'm guilty. But it doesn't stop me from being curious and having many questions esp my first time selling. I would call Ebay customers service number and confess!

Message 41 of 48
latest reply

I  didn't mean to say you said I was imagining it or anything like that. It was just that I started to second guess myself is all. Your reply to me was good in light of the information we had at the time. I did learn a lot about responding to buyers in the future, but that probably would not have changed this guy.  I just wanted to reply to you so you saw what I know about the bad buyer now. 

I tried to get feedback removed, but the only option right now is online, and I filled out a form, and they rejected it within 5-6 minutes. I don't know if they even read it. FB messenger didn't answer.

I will try messenger again.

Message 42 of 48
latest reply

@train_slide_central wrote:

I  didn't mean to say you said I was imagining it or anything like that. It was just that I started to second guess myself is all. Your reply to me was good in light of the information we had at the time. I did learn a lot about responding to buyers in the future, but that probably would not have changed this guy.  I just wanted to reply to you so you saw what I know about the bad buyer now. 

I tried to get feedback removed, but the only option right now is online, and I filled out a form, and they rejected it within 5-6 minutes. I don't know if they even read it. FB messenger didn't answer.

I will try messenger again.

Are you fully complete with your transactions with this person?  Meaning they are refunded and all claims are closed.  I have found that the Seller Help screen is pretty useless for FB removal if everything isn't complete.

With that said, you have more options.  Don't use that screen and go to Facebook, Twitter, or even the Ebay help center to try and get to a place you can either life chat or leave a message for them to call you back.  IMHO all that FB is removable under the rules.  You just need someone to hear you.  

As far as Facebook goes.  I have no answer as to why they didn't respond.  Most things I've read are very good about their customers service.  I would however suggest to try them again, soon, as it is Friday and while they are there over the weekend, I'm sure it is with more limited staff.  

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Drop to the bottom of the page and the email option is there.  Or you can click on the reason for needing assistance and the options for contact will display.  For some of them that could be the ability to call, leave a message for a call back, email or live chat.

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp

The seller’s help center give you the ability for file for certain types of assistance.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

It's important to be aware of where you post a question on Ebay’s Facebook page.  A comment on one of Ebay’s marketing posts won't be answered, but comments posted directly on Ebay’s page will.

Message 43 of 48
latest reply

Are you fully complete with your transactions with this person?  Meaning they are refunded and all claims are closed.  I have found that the Seller Help screen is pretty useless for FB removal if everything isn't complete.

Yes, everything is complete and closed out. He never actually opened a case, he just made several false claims via email. I don't know why , but but that's what he did. I will try again to contact FB and see if someone will respond to me. I was just a bit overwhelmed with the trauma of it all last week.

Thanks for your help and input.

Message 44 of 48
latest reply

When and if I can talk to a live person, what should be the concise thing I should convey to them? What is the thing he violated that would qualify to have the negative feedback removed? 

Thanks I appreciate it.

Message 45 of 48
latest reply