cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corona Virus Hate Mail from Buyer

I'm a seller in Washington State.  I received this message from one of my buyers.

"Have you sent the package off yet?
I noticed that you are in Washington state. If you have not.don't send it to me.You should not be selling anything out of that state due to your corona epidemic. Shame... Just keep the money dummy"

I was upset and sat on this for several days.  I did not respond to this buyer.  I couldn't find any discussion from Ebay about whether packages are safe since the virus can live on surfaces anywhere from a few minutes to 9 days (per medical providers on TV).  Does Ebay have a responsibility to be proactive on this issue?  What are other sellers hearing and how are you responding?

Thanks

Nancy

Message 1 of 155
latest reply
154 REPLIES 154

Re: Corona Virus Hate Mail from Buyer

I too wonder how we can keep going and still sell on ebay 

many wonderful people but it just takes one to stop you in your tracks and leave you speech-less i don t know hope this will end 

Message 151 of 155
latest reply

Just replying to the last post not directed at said post.  

The pandemic crisis crew had 430 people in it.  From what I understand It was created because Obama had done away with a smaller crew and then Ebola happened so he created this.

430 seems incredibly excessive and I'm guessing trump thought so he didn't completely get rid of it.  He created a much smaller crew hoping to be more efficient.  Considering he responded better to this pandemic then h1n1 was responded to I think it was efficient.    

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 152 of 155
latest reply

The pandemic crisis crew had 430 people in it. From what I understand It was created because Obama had done away with a smaller crew and then Ebola happened so he created this.

430 seems incredibly excessive and I'm guessing trump thought so he didn't completely get rid of it. He created a much smaller crew hoping to be more efficient. Considering he responded better to this pandemic then h1n1 was responded to I think it was efficient.

How'd that work out for us by cutting staff down?Shortages in response for mask,gloves,gowns,ventilators  test kits.Need I go on?

Message 153 of 155
latest reply

@jag40 wrote:

The pandemic crisis crew had 430 people in it. From what I understand It was created because Obama had done away with a smaller crew and then Ebola happened so he created this.

430 seems incredibly excessive and I'm guessing trump thought so he didn't completely get rid of it. He created a much smaller crew hoping to be more efficient. Considering he responded better to this pandemic then h1n1 was responded to I think it was efficient.

How'd that work out for us by cutting staff down?Shortages in response for mask,gloves,gowns,ventilators  test kits.Need I go on?

You can blame the resellers, hoarders, and panic buyers for the public not having enough access the pandemic crew wouldn't have had anything to do with that.  The government already has an emergency supply available for hospitals, clinics, etc and they have started sending these out to help them.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 154 of 155
latest reply

Directly from WHO. It is not certain how long the virus that causes COVID-19 survives on surfaces, but it seems to behave like other coronaviruses. Studies suggest that coronaviruses (including preliminary information on the COVID-19 virus) may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days. This may vary under different conditions (e.g. type of surface, temperature or humidity of the environment).

If you think a surface may be infected, clean it with simple disinfectant to kill the virus and protect yourself and others. Clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose. &
(Is it safe to receive packages from areas reported to have covid -19?)
Yes. The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.
When in doubt google it, but find reputable and reliable source. Popular research opinion says it can last on cardboard for three days.
Message 155 of 155
latest reply