cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corona Virus Hate Mail from Buyer

I'm a seller in Washington State.  I received this message from one of my buyers.

"Have you sent the package off yet?
I noticed that you are in Washington state. If you have not.don't send it to me.You should not be selling anything out of that state due to your corona epidemic. Shame... Just keep the money dummy"

I was upset and sat on this for several days.  I did not respond to this buyer.  I couldn't find any discussion from Ebay about whether packages are safe since the virus can live on surfaces anywhere from a few minutes to 9 days (per medical providers on TV).  Does Ebay have a responsibility to be proactive on this issue?  What are other sellers hearing and how are you responding?

Thanks

Nancy

Message 1 of 155
latest reply
154 REPLIES 154

Of course it's a serious question . You've made it clear you don't believe the president is responsible for this new virus.  Yet you've made it very clear  you partly  blame him because it has spread .. I don't understand this reasoning  . Especially since you think it's no big deal  that both his presidential opponents  would have never put a travel ban in place at all,, they both said they wouldn't have   .  Don't you believe  a  no travel ban  would have made the spread of the disease much worse ? If you  don't  then you haven't been paying close enough  attention. Tulips 

Message 136 of 155
latest reply

"There has been NO EVIDENCE that this virus survives on our mail from ANYWHERE.  Some are just exercising an abundance of caution because they are scared."

Ain't that the truth. We're all scared because we're not getting one fact from this administration. Anything that comes out is a lie or an exaggeration. We don't know anything, such as are we all going to be forced to stay home for 8 weeks? 

These are scary times, and nobody seems to know anything, least of all from eBay, which wouldn't be on the top of anyone's list of knowledge. 

Please take care of yourselves and stay healthy. Get your priorities straight and the heck with these moron customers who have nothing better to do than heckle the sellers. 

Message 137 of 155
latest reply

Apparently "an abundance of caution" is the new buzz phrase.
Message 138 of 155
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

Of course it's a serious question . You've made it clear you don't believe the president is responsible for this new virus.  Yet you've made it very clear  you partly  blame him because it has spread .. I don't understand this reasoning  . Especially since you think it's no big deal  that both his presidential opponents  would have never put a travel ban in place at all,, they both said they wouldn't have   .  Don't you believe  a  no travel ban  would have made the spread of the disease much worse ? If you  don't  then you haven't been paying close enough  attention. Tulips 

Yes you are correct about my assessment of our current president.  And I know you don't understand.  You are firm in your beliefs and I respect that.  I don't think anything I say would change that or even help the current conversation.  And I don't want this thread to go any further down the political path than I've already taken it.  The important thing to remember is that the Health Crisis is what is important here, not the politics.  It is just that politics has played a part in not getting the tests out in a timely manner to the country.

As to the Democrats running for president.  What I said was all kinds of stuff is said when these people are in the mist of their campaigns.  ALL politicians say things and then never follow through on everything they say.  Some they will and some they won't.  It is always hard to try and figure out what is real and what isn't when they are campaigning.  It doesn't make it right by any stretch of the imagination.  It is just how it has been done.  I as I'm sure many others do, look forward to the day that changes.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 139 of 155
latest reply

I as I'm sure many others do, look forward to the day that changes

Have been hoping,waiting,wanting&praying for that my entire adult life...only in America...☮️

Message 140 of 155
latest reply

Candidates do not have the same intel that a sitting President has with which to make decisions.  The Democrats can speculate, but who knows what they would actually do if they were given all the information. 

Trust me, when a Democrat is in office they are held responsible, just as the current President should be.  Most Presidents of both parties are big enough to accept that responsibility, rather than state they do not accept any responsibility. 

Message 141 of 155
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@atikovi wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Other countries were successfully testing for this virus.  WHO offered to help the US and send us tests, but our government declined their help.

What's the point of these tests? You take the test. It comes back negative.  An hour later you meet someone with the virus and catch it. Unless you take the test daily, what good will it do in most people? For most people that get the virus, it's like a mild case of the flu. It might be helpful in older people where complications could arise. 

Testing is an extremely important part of containment.  Those that test positive [most anyway] will self quarantine.  As more and more are quarantined the public is at less and less risk.  It isn't perfect of course.  Testing isn't going to catch everything.  But then nothing is perfect.  

Since it isn't perfect should we just sit back and do nothing.  No testing.  Just hope for the best and only take care of those that are ill.  I personally don't think so, but others may have a different opinion.  I'm a proactive type person.

From what I read, 50 to 70 percent of Americans will get the virus sooner or later. I see three scenarios. 1) You have symptoms, get the test and it's positive. You quarantine yourself for 2 weeks. 2) It's negative, you quarantine yourself anyway for 2 weeks so you don't catch it from anyone else which is why the schools are closing. 3) You have no symptoms, you don't qualify for the test, you quarantine yourself anyway for 2 weeks so you don't catch it from anyone else. 

Message 142 of 155
latest reply

From what I read, 50 to 70 percent of Americans will get the virus sooner or later. I see three scenarios. 1) You have symptoms, get the test and it's positive. You quarantine yourself for 2 weeks. 2) It's negative, you quarantine yourself anyway for 2 weeks so you don't catch it from anyone else which is why the schools are closing. 3) You have no symptoms, you don't qualify for the test, you quarantine yourself anyway for 2 weeks so you don't catch it from anyone else. 

Where did you read this?  I'm not at all sure it is accurate and nothing more than a guess.  It isn't anything they can prove by what we have seen so far with this virus.  Not even in China.

Message 143 of 155
latest reply

Indeed, the numbers are still flexible in spite of being based on the best available evidence and in comparison to microbes with similar characteristics. . So just substitute "a whole lot" for the specific percentages in that post, it doesn't affect the basic message.

Message 144 of 155
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Indeed, the numbers are still flexible in spite of being based on the best available evidence and in comparison to microbes with similar characteristics. . So just substitute "a whole lot" for the specific percentages in that post, it doesn't affect the basic message.

I just wanted to read what they read that told them this.  

Message 145 of 155
latest reply

Lets assume that some coronavirus ended up on the package. It doesn't matter. It will die before it gets to this guy. Ive been saying for weeks that everyone just needs to calm down. You have a better chance of dying in a car accident searching every store in your area for toilet paper than getting infected by this virus. The complete panic and pandemonium is ridiculous. WE ARE AMERICANS, LETS START ACTING LIKE IT!🇺🇲

Message 146 of 155
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Quote - Dr. Brian Monahan, the attending physician of Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court, said he expects 70 million to 150 million people in the U.S. will become infected with COVID-19, NBC News reported Wednesday.

You do the math

Message 147 of 155
latest reply

@bar-29368 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Quote - Dr. Brian Monahan, the attending physician of Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court, said he expects 70 million to 150 million people in the U.S. will become infected with COVID-19, NBC News reported Wednesday.

You do the math

Dang, I just wanted to read what they read that told them those numbers.  I don't know why that is an issue.

And as to your post.  You can do the math too, the numbers you stated above are NOT 70% of the people in the USA.  That would be closer to 230million.

Message 148 of 155
latest reply

I never said it was. You wanted some sort of quote on figures so I gave you one.

No one is stopping you from doing as much reading as you want to find quotes of expected figures.

Message 149 of 155
latest reply

As soon as the POTUS put a travel ban on China he was called a zenephobe by the left wing media . You can't have your cake and eat it too . Furthermore I do not recall this much fuss from the left when the H1NI killed 12,,000 people during the previous administration where almost nothing was being done . Tulips

So why didn't the administration who had this information prepare for another pandemic? Instead of firing the cdc head?

Message 150 of 155
latest reply