cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comic categories - the worst change of all

Wow.  eBay has changed the comic book categories to be more like books.  The ability to quickly find comics that you are looking for is GONE!

Most of the previous categories, which were exactly how comic books are thought of, are gone.  I could no longer find many of the comics I was searching for without looking at hundreds of random others, while the ones I am selling are very difficult to categorize.  I spoke with a friendly service rep, who simply expressed sympathy and told me to complain on this site. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Same, thousands of listings ruined. Yeah! eBay 

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I agree I suggest we just keep giving their new selling process the terrible reviews it deserves, maybe they will go back to classic listing option.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

It is an actually very very easy process. Type the name of the comic into the search board. You will be  so amazed you will probably come back and praise Ebay for the easy search.  Hardly anyone on the planet searches by category. It would be so tedious they would have a 2nd birthday before they where done. Once you see the results of the comic you searched go to the left side of the page you can narrow it down as far as your heart desires.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

This is yet another reason why Buying/selling on Facebook continues to grow by leaps and Bounds. I search by categories then sub categories..in other words I search for Batman Comics -sub category Golden Age...now i get every listing that has the word Batman in it (1000's). Yeah this is ridiculous. Why fix it when it's not broken to begin with

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@donovancomics 

>The ability to quickly find comics that you are looking for is GONE!

Getting tired of saying, "I told you so", but,

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Comics/No-more-categories/td-p/31669384

Thread was started on 3-3-21 and pretty much ignored. Check it out.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@toychests 

It is very very easy. Type Batman comics golden age. You will be so amazed you will be jumping with joy for hours.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

eBay WTH did you do?  You just consolidated like 500 comic book categories into 1.... RU Kidding me?  When I am searching I narrow my search by using the categories.  When selling I can get my listings into those categories that someone like me is narrowing down to as well.

This change is idiotic.

Best, Tom

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

LOL....and now I get everything that has the word golden age in it as well...including bootleg reprints and hard bound reprints that came out in the last few years..This is NOT better than before. When you sober up and stop reading from a script , you folks should understand how much business you lost to sales tax (I know not your fault)..How much business you have lost due to payment to seller policies(taking 30 days to pay the seller)  and now making your site more difficult to navigate and believing your customers do not matter. Lots of companies have taken that attitude over the years. They went bankrupt...they knew what the customer wanted, just didnt care

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

To be more specific...

All existing listings are botched.  For the well-meaning search advisors above, try following that advice.  There are nearly ZERO listings instead of hundreds.

There are so many nearly-identical categories now that a seller has no clue what to do.  For a comic, "Series" and "Title" appear to be identical.  "Main character" and "Superhero Team" are overlapping.  "Type" and "Format" are nearly identical, too.  I guess you keep entering the same information for all, just in case.  Am I really supposed to re-enter all of that for listings that I previously created?  I guess I have to, because none of the categories carried over except "Publisher" and "Main Character".

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

rynenyne
Scout

The whole system here is a big failure.

I am done selling here on 5/28.

I managed to get my last BINs before this happened.

I hope they fix things for you guys.

Godspeed.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for reaching out to us about the recent changes in Comic Books categories. We're sorry to hear that you have had a frustrating experience as a result of the category changes. In Comic Books, Age and Character-based categories have been retired and replaced by product type categories, divided by comic tradition: American & English speaking Comics, Franco-Belgian and Asian Comic. Original comic art categories have been combined into a single category and a new merchandising area has been introduced.

The categories are being replaced by item specifics and left-hand navigation refinements for Era, Character, Series, Publisher, Universe and Tradition. This should enable a more flexible browsing experience going forward, for example there is now a refinement for Silver Age Comics.

As the category changes roll out, there will be some fluctuation in the item specifics and left-hand navigation filters. This should settle down in the next 24 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Thank you again for taking the time to share this valuable feedback and for choosing eBay!

Kind regards,

Arthur

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

The new categorization of comic books is useless.  If I search what I want, ebay throws in thousands of other comics that I'm not interested in.  Please put it back the way it was.  What was the whole point of this??

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

No coincidence my sales took a huge dive after these changes were made. I know many buyers who became too frustrated and are now shopping on other platforms. Why fix something that was not broken? I just started selling in February and had been super happy with my experience until now. I hope things change and it goes back to the way it was but I don’t have confidence that will happen. eBay you may have sunk this business before I had a chance to really get going. 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

same here.  sales are way down now.  this category mess is to blame

Message 15 of 20
latest reply