cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comic categories - the worst change of all

Wow.  eBay has changed the comic book categories to be more like books.  The ability to quickly find comics that you are looking for is GONE!

Most of the previous categories, which were exactly how comic books are thought of, are gone.  I could no longer find many of the comics I was searching for without looking at hundreds of random others, while the ones I am selling are very difficult to categorize.  I spoke with a friendly service rep, who simply expressed sympathy and told me to complain on this site. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Comic categories - the worst change of all

No one can see my Silver Age comics and I`m losing money......this sucks.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

I`m sorry but you`ve ruined a perfectly good thing with this new system.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

So much more difficult to look for books.  Horrible

Why did this change have to happen????  If its not broke, why fix it???

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

That is soooo sad - I have bought literally hundreds of thousand's of comics on the ebay site off and on since 2002 - I quit buying a couple years ago because they were destroying the search engine and making it hard to find the stuff you were looking for - hiding obscure listings with the good stuff you want to find and ramming irrelevant, over-promoted and over-priced stuff down your throat...

I have at least a hundred thousand dollars worth of comics to sell, but I've been holding off on listing them waiting for the right time and now it looks like I may need to find another option to move them - I would be afraid to list high dollar books at low starting prices(which is the way I always sold them) for fear my items would be hard to find in the new category mess ebay has created -

I mean really? What possible good can come from grouping all comics together?...If their goal is to get buyers to look at more options in the hope they will buy stuff they weren't looking for, the downside to that is buyers will be looking at stuff they likely won't buy while auctions with stuff they would buy are ending and they won't even know...Unreal...The people who run this site have continued to keep my head shaking in disbelief for the last 13 years running...from 2008 and back it was the bomb...

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

I feel your pain . . . eBay did this with the toy category a couple years ago.  Suddenly I had to use 17 characters of the limited subject line just to list the type of toy so that potential buyers could find it.  COOL.

The most mystifying thing is that, prior to that, they did have separate categories for popular toys (i.e. the most collectible), plus a catch-all miscellaneous category for everything else.  So it wasn't like they were merely ignoring a pre-existing problem.  They were creating a new problem that hadn't existed before.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply