cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese buyer w/zero feedback purchases to a forwarding address, then opens a charge back

Hey,

So I've had a Chinese buyer purchasing a high priced item to the following freight forwarder service in OR:

15617 NE Airport Way
Portland OR 97251

Purchase was made last weekend, before that I suddenly got multiple msgs from 'various' Chinese 'buyers' inquiring about the price of the item - all but one were new users with 0 feedback. I suspected it was the same person and regardless, gave everyone the same answers. I adjust the price and another 'new' user with 0 feedback purchases the item - not any of the users who had been corresponding with me.

I shipped right away on Monday, item was delivered few days later. eBay deleted his account as well.

They didn't contact me about the transaction, I just noticed by myself it was deleted. I didn't upload tracking cause the entire thing didn't 'smell' right, I was going to do so after delivery. And sure enough - on Wednesday the 'buyer' opens a charge back outside eBay and says he tried to contact me to cancel (buyer never reached out - maybe cause his account was deleted?) and since the item wasn't shipped, allegedly, he wants a refund.

I will obviously challenge this and upload tracking/proof of delivery - but is it possible I'll be left without the item and out of the funds? The whole thing is bizarre, not the freight forwarding service itself (although that address is associated with few scams), but the way I was approached by multiple new zero feedback users, then another one buys, then the account is deleted and now a charge back.

Can a deleted account be instated? Can he lose the charge back case and then claim something else and try to return (it's a final sale item)? Thanks

Thanks everyone for sharing & helping 🙂
Message 1 of 62
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Chinese buyer w/zero feedback purchases to a forwarding address, then opens a charge back

@or_couture wrote:

@wastingtime101 Yes it was "item not received". Thanks!

As long as the tracking confirms delivery, then upload the tracking number to the payment dispute. eBay should protect you. It can take 4-8 weeks for the credit card to make their ruling so you might have a wait ahead of you. Come back here and let us know the outcome.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Charge backs are through their credit card(s), not eBay.

Message 2 of 62
latest reply

Was the reason for the chargeback "item not received" or was it something else @or_couture? This makes a difference in the advice you will receive.

Message 3 of 62
latest reply

What do you mean you 'didn't upload tracking'?? When you purchased a label, unless you didn't do it here on ebay, it's automatically uploaded. 

Message 4 of 62
latest reply

Message 5 of 62
latest reply

Yeah, label wasn't purchased through eBay.

Message 6 of 62
latest reply

@or_couture wrote:

As long as the tracking confirms delivery, then upload the tracking number to the payment dispute. eBay should protect you. It can take 4-8 weeks for the credit card to make their ruling so you might have a wait ahead of you. Come back here and let us know the outcome.

Message 7 of 62
latest reply

I don't think you undertsand what you are doing by withholding a tracking number. It might not hurt you in this case but certainly would have in an ebay case. Anyway, you should stop doing that.

Read up on ebay's actual published policies regarding tracking numbers, INR cases etc. 

Always use tracking and use it properly:

That means uploading it to ebay within your stated handling time. Always.  No exceptions.

Message 8 of 62
latest reply

Those Tracking numbers are one of a very few protections we Sellers have. Without them we WILL get screwed every time when its NOT presented. 

When you smelled something funny it was cuz you didnt include the Tracking #.  It wasn't anything with the customer.  Thats what these scammers look for  any tiny mistake we sellers accidently do and we sellers pay the price for it.  I am sorry for the possible loss.  I also tried to look at your postings but it only takes me to your profile page so I cant see if your postings need help.  Best of luck.

Message 9 of 62
latest reply

Ok, thanks. Will he be able to try anything else, or will that be "game over" for him considering the deleted account etc? So strange eBay deleted his/her account right after the purchase. Thanks

Message 10 of 62
latest reply

Everybody is misreading the tracking number situation. OP purchased the shipping on eBay. Tracking was on the transaction from the time the label was printed.

The reference to not adding tracking yet is about the payment dispute, not about the transaction. The type of payment dispute (INR) allows a seller to fight the dispute by uploading a tracking number. OP didn't do that yet - they came here for advice before taking action which is a smart move because different payment disputes are handled in different ways.

Message 11 of 62
latest reply

@or_couture 

Buyer knows it was delivered - the Freight Forwarder has told him so.

You need to report this Buyer to e-Bay thru the transaction view.  Be certain to upload the tracking before you do.  Outline for e-bay that they used a freight forwarder and that USPS tracking (or whatever you used) shows the item was delivered and include date, tracking number, etc.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 12 of 62
latest reply

@or_couture wrote:

Ok, thanks. Will he be able to try anything else, or will that be "game over" for him considering the deleted account etc? So strange eBay deleted his/her account right after the purchase. Thanks

Once the payment dispute is settled that will be it. Unless they come back with a new ID. Once a payment dispute is filed, a buyer cannot backtrack and file through eBay. The buyer's NARU so they  couldn't file through eBay even if there was no payment dispute.

Message 13 of 62
latest reply

How expensive?  If the buyer said you didn't  ship or it wasn't received SIGNATURE delivery is required for an eBay dispute  if it cost $750 or more.

The bad news is when it's a credit card chargeback  the only proof of shipping or delivery the credit card company will accept  is tracking showing it was shipped with signature delivery no matter what the  purchase price is.

Message 14 of 62
latest reply

Please let me know if you read my post because you marked an accepted solution but I don't  think they asked you about signature delivery requirements for expensive items and proof of delivery requirements to fight  a chargeback.

Because if tracking  without a signature shows delivered that's not enough to  fight a chargeback.

Message 15 of 62
latest reply