cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the quantity to 0 items without ending the item

It is not possible to change the quantity to 0 listed items without ending the item, it keeps going back to 1, Any reason for this I've missed 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@my-cloud-boutique 

@my-cloud-boutique wrote:

It is not possible to change the quantity to 0 listed items without ending the item, it keeps going back to 1, Any reason for this I've missed 

..........................................................................................................

Yes, you need to turn on "Multi-quantity listings" feature.
to enable this feature, go to your "Selling preferences" in your account, then turn on "Listings stay active when you're out of stock." watch the screenshot photo down below...

Selling preferences, ebay.jpg

("Winter Is Coming")

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

In order to have zero items in an active listing, you have to activate the "Out of stock" option in your site preferences.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/bulk-listings?id=4160#outofstock

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It's always been set to out of stock but for some strange reason it's now stopped working?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@my-cloud-boutique 

..........................................................................................................

Yes, you need to turn on "Multi-quantity listings" feature.
to enable this feature, go to your "Selling preferences" in your account, then turn on "Listings stay active when you're out of stock." watch the screenshot photo down below...

Selling preferences, ebay.jpg

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It's always been set to out of stock but for some strange reason it's now stopped working? I just found out I can change it in bulk listings, that works fine so again it must be eBays software. It's like my problem I have with my return address set up in eBay as my mom's address but eBay still have returns post to my home address? and it don't matter how many time I tell them they still don't get it right. I've been with eBay for years now and it just keeps getting worse.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I have the exact same issue today.

So, I called customer service and of course, they said you can always just end the listing. When I explain that I didn't want to end the listing because then I would lose all my sales history. They then tried to tell me that you could never just zero out the item quantity.  I told them to just Google it and that you've been able to do it since 2014 when they added the feature. I have personally done it for the past three years.

Hopefully, it's just a glitch and they'll fix it. But once again a classic example of eBay trying to fix something that's not broken and just ending up making it more difficult for sellers.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hey @my-cloud-boutique! We apologize about the issue you are running into when trying to update the quantity of an item to zero. This is a known sitewide issue with an open ticket to have it resolved. You can reach out to customer support here and let them know that you are experiencing ALERT14330 to have your account added to the ticket. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply