cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceled and issued refund but final value fee and gallery fees not refunded

I canceled and issued a refund but the final value fee and gallery fees are still shown as charged to my account without any credit. Is this normal? I read an eBay article which said I should receive a credit. How long does it usually take to get the credit? Will I get gallery credits as well?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

The gallery fee is not refundable but you will get a FVF credit, I don’t think it’s instantaneous but I could be wrong. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It's been 4 days now and no final value credit. It's pretty messed up they don't refund the other listing fees. This guy cost me like $10 he didn't read the description and there is no way to restore the listing, instead I had to relist. More fees for ebay.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

WHY did you cancel?  What were the circumstances?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fee-credits?id=4128

To qualify for a final value fee credit, you need to resolve a return, refund, or cancellation request from your buyer, or open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center.

If you cancelled at the buyer's request, you are eligible for an FVF credit (no other fees will be credited)

What the rules seem to say is that a Seller Initiated Cancel (Out of Stock)  will not be credited.

Which in the same spirit of Unresolved cases not getting an FVF credit.

Basically ... If it's a defect, no credit. 

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

eBay refunds the FVF no matter whT reason the seller chooses for cancelling. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

eBay refunds the FVF no matter whT reason the seller chooses for cancelling. 

That's not how I'm interpreting the new and improved help page .... the cancel page says differently (it also says the credit will be issued in 7-10 days)  but the link to find out how to request a credit points back to the help page that specifies "buyer requested" ...

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/cancelling-transaction?id=4136#section3

Receiving a final value fee credit for a canceled sale

To receive a final value fee credit, the cancellation must be completed. If the buyer paid using PayPal, the refund is complete when their account is refunded. If they paid using any other method, the refund will be considered complete when they confirm they’ve received their money back.

We'll credit the final value fee to your account 7 to 10 days after the cancellation request is complete. Learn more about requesting a final value fee credit.

Clear as mud, that is 😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It only lists two times that it's not credited 

We don't issue a final value fee credit if any of the following happens:

You refund the buyer outside of eBay – using PayPal's Send Money, for instance
You or the buyer asked us to step in, and the case was decided in the buyer's favor

Sellers have been getting fee credits for non buyer requested cancellations so it's just poorly written on that page.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

We've also seen threads where the FVF has been retained on a cancellation under the assumption that the sale was completed offsite.  That's why the reason for cancellation matters as well as the nature of any messages between the two parties.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

eBay just sent me an e-mail that the buyer hasn't acknowledged receiving the refund and that I must refund the buyer by June 1st. When I canceled the sale I clicked the REFUND button in eBay and indeed in paypal it was refunded. Yet I have to wait because the buyer won't acknowledge. How does eBay not know I sent the refund? This is pretty screwed up.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply