cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reply to feedback

I had a buyer leave me negative feedback. She never contacted me to resolve the issue. I would have been willing to refund or replace the item. I am trying to reply to the feedback, but when i click reply nothing happens. I have tried to reply on my phone, laptop, and tablet and it all does the same thing. does anyone know what would cause this issue?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Can't reply to feedback

Sorry your having this issue , all i can say welcome to eBay 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Can't reply to feedback

Your items are wonderful. Negative Feedback hurts more when sales are less by the number.  If I were you, I would send a feedback revision request to the buyer. Don't reply to the feedback yet. If you do then Ebay won't change it even if buyer agrees to.  Explain how important your good feedback is.  Tell them how sorry you are item got broken. Items are being treated much more roughly than ever before so you may need to change your method of packaging.  Offer a partial refund. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Can't reply to feedback

Contact the buyer through eBay messages. If the buyer replies, you can ask him what is the problem. Try to negotiate with the buyer. If the buyer doesn't have a valid reason, you can contact the customer care and get their help to remove the negative feedback.

Try this one too, read this policy.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/disputing-feedback-received?id=4102

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Can't reply to feedback

My suggestion is a bit different than the other replies you received. 

I advise that you go to the transaction, issue a full refund and include a note to the effect of, "I'm sorry the bear arrived broken. Had you contacted me prior to leaving feedback, I would have made it right. The best I can do at this point is to issue a full refund and apology. Refund has now been issued." 

Then, give it a day or two for the buyer to see the refund either on her c.c. account or paypal and send a feedback revision request. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Can't reply to feedback

Thank you everyone. I have sent her a message and am currently waiting for a response. it just stresses me out. I have always worked with buyers when there was an issue. I have no problem issuing refunds or replacing items. this buyer never gave me a chance. I was totally blindsided... Hopefully I hear back.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Can't reply to feedback

It seems like the FB left by that buyer pretty clearly defines the problem.

Would recommend that the OP contact the buyer. 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Can't reply to feedback

I had a stained glass studio for over 27 years and whenever I had to pack a window I double-boxed it.  Even if you use one box, you need to pack it with enough materials so there is NO sound when shaken. If you hear ANYTHING, pack it some more.  Postal people have been known to drop-kick packages! Or clumsy, etc.

Now, for the good news:  Most buyers these days hate reading. (Including descriptions)  Feedback goes unread for the vast majority of transactions.  Need proof? Find a seller with lots of bad feedback and see how many bids/purchases they get anyway!  It's galling.  Take your time to reply. I'm always too upset to do anything but when I do, I sound a lot more intelligent and calm when I wait. Ha!  And as the others have said, your buyer will be more open for revisions.  Best of Luck!  Your items are beautiful! 

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Can't reply to feedback

I agree with you, on the feedback page it says"We've made some changes to feedback You can now reply from your Feedback profile." but clicking on the reply button does not work. It's important for other buyers to understand what happened

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Can't reply to feedback

From the feedback page and clicking on the reply at the right does nothing......  screen dims, but immediately goes back to the original page.........

tyler@ebay 

velvet@ebay 

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Can't reply to feedback

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

I advise that you go to the transaction, issue a full refund and include a note to the effect of, "I'm sorry the bear arrived broken. Had you contacted me prior to leaving feedback, I would have made it right. The best I can do at this point is to issue a full refund and apology. Refund has now been issued." 

Then, give it a day or two for the buyer to see the refund either on her c.c. account or paypal and send a feedback revision request. 

For $150, I wouldn’t refund without a return though.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Can't reply to feedback

I am aware of how to pack carvings. I have been shipping chainsaw carvings for years. I have shipped literally hundreds of carvings and have -never- had an issue. This is a case of the post office damaging my package. It was insured and I have no problems issuing refunds or replacing the item, but the buyer should have messaged me first, so the problem could have been resolved. I have no problem working with the buyer if she decides to get back to me. The reason I have asked how to respond to feedback is because I want an option to at least defend myself by telling her I was willing to work with her to refund or replace the item. I make a living as a chainsaw carver and the last thing I want is ding on my reputation over a total mishap. 

And yes, the problem with hitting the reply button on the feedback is that it just dims and then nothing happens. I don't know if it is a glitch or what. It would be nice to find out.

And thanks again, everyone. I appreciate the advice and compliments. 

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Can't reply to feedback

This type of problem almost always happens to sellers who 'don't accept returns'.

Not only is it a poor business policy, but eBay will often issue refunds (from you) and allow the buyer to keep the item. Some sellers have lost hundreds.

It also signals to the buyer to not contact you in case of a problem.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Can't reply to feedback

@aonaranart wrote:

Thank you everyone. I have sent her a message and am currently waiting for a response. it just stresses me out. I have always worked with buyers when there was an issue. I have no problem issuing refunds or replacing items. this buyer never gave me a chance. I was totally blindsided... Hopefully I hear back.

Surprisingly some buyers are not aware of how simple it is to file a claim.

Some buyers take this "Seller does not accept returns" literally

Some buyers have not had a "pleasant" experience with a previous issue from a different eBay seller.

Some buyers will give up their money in exchange for "yelling" at you.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Can't reply to feedback

@nocoolnamejane wrote:

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

For $150, I wouldn’t refund without a return though.

Normally, I'd agree with you. But in this case, the buyer was very specific about the item being broken in more than one place and the broken nose is missing so the item can't even be repaired. 

To me, it makes no sense for the seller to receive the return. (With calculating shipping, I live on the east cost and my shipping price is $57. For shipping to the west coast, it's over $130!) For the seller to spend megabucks on the return shipping label to get the return of a broken item that with the missing parts can't even be resold would be throwing good money after bad. And then, upon receiving the return, she'll be issuing a full refund anyway! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 15 of 21
latest reply