cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get into store listings

I can get into my direct store link but can only see page one - hit a category on the left and get this message

This site can’t be reached

cgi6 . ebaystores . com’s server IP address could not be found.

My friend just called me and has the same problem - ebay told her the site would be down for 72 hours - their working on the problem. Still can see orders so buyers must be able to see something.  If I go into my active listings I can see things - what a mess. Going to long lunch

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Can't get into store listings

@bb1913 

It has been over a year now.  Maybe eBay is making the move to get everyone into the new store layout?

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

yep.. I am having the SAME PROBLEM.   this is day 2 of this disaster.   sales are dead because of the issue.  YOU ARE NOT ALONE.  I know of other ebay store owners with the same issue.  Further, if you do an advanced search using your seller ID... only a handful of items come up... but the quantity at the top of the page for your ID shows ZERO items.   I have over 1300 items currently running on ebay!    I am loosing hundreds of dollars a DAY because of this issue.   Cute.  SO Glad I am paying for ads off ebay to direct people to come to my store.... so they can buy literally nothing I that have for sale.     Been on ebay since 04 and this is the worst disaster yet.    Don't count on ebay compensating anyone for lost sales.   They really don't give a rats behind about us.  If they did.. they would hire people that KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING.   (store was functional over the weekend)  

zr

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

oh it shows that I have items running.. .but click on the catagories within the store or try to type in anything in the store search box and the error message pops up.  Same thing happens when I click on the store page numbers at the bottom of the store page.  Error message.

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

The "CGI" (common gateway interface) is an entry point where a web page can interact with the server for very specific functions, like sending "search parameters" to the server and asking the server to return a page of results. Programmers might equate CGI with an API (application programming interface), which does the same thing.

Over the past year, eBay has been eliminating their "CGI" subdomains from search and page paths and replacing them with more readable path names that are shorter and easier to type into mobile devices (less punctuation).

So this old CGI link to my profile page:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=shipscript

...is now redirected to this new link to my profile page, which is the format eBay wants members to use:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/shipscript

We saw store links go dead over a year ago when eBay eliminated the CGI path to older stores, and then they subsequently installed a "redirect" to avoid all the broken links. Currently, the CGI6 server is simply not accessible to any queries sent to it. Perhaps it has been renamed, or it is broken or gone, or the redirect was removed.

Whether or not this latest drop of CGI is accidental,  I suspect eBay might be preparing to force more legacy stores into the new format, since at least one member mentioned their store just now changed without their participation.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 19 of 39
latest reply

Ditto, zero sales for last 40 hours

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

I didn't even realize there was still unsecured pages here until now. That's really bad, as Google made it very clear they planned to rank non-secure sites lower in search results. I don't think that ranking would affect the entire site though, but definitely the pages involved.

I have a site that plummeted in search results after Google made those changes to their algorithms. I just never got around to taking the time to redirect everything, but I dont really use it anymore.

I think your guess is spot on, its likely ebay is trying to move those stores to the new format. The issue only appears to be affecting those types of stores specifically.

Either way, its not good, a lot of people are losing a lot of sales right now.

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

@shipscript 

Thank you for your response.  

From the few threads I have read today, sounds like a bad situation for many sellers with stores still in the old format.

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

Ok just got off the phone with ebay & got the issue resolved.   This must be a way to force people into opting into the new store experience.  Go to this link and hit preview then I think I hit the publish button.

https://pages.ebay.com/storefronts/update/

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

I haven't sold on ebay for a few years, but I haven't had any issues. I started selling a year after eBay went live, and it could be down for hours. The problem with that is, your auction could be closing and you wouldn't get that last kick of bidders trying to win your item. If the site was down, the bidding war didn't happen. eBay couldn't do much for the people who lost a lot of money. 

I think Rockstar is correct. 

Zombieflu

OK, EVERYBODY OUT OF THE POOL!!!!!!!!!!!1
Message 24 of 39
latest reply

@zombieflu wrote:

I haven't sold on ebay for a few years, but I haven't had any issues. I started selling a year after eBay went live, and it could be down for hours. The problem with that is, your auction could be closing and you wouldn't get that last kick of bidders trying to win your item. If the site was down, the bidding war didn't happen. eBay couldn't do much for the people who lost a lot of money. 

I think Rockstar is correct. 

Zombieflu

Having a glitch of some kind last for a few days or more isn't an unusual thing.  But that is NOT the same as the site being DOWN.  Two different things.

I firmly believe there is a technical issue affecting the OP and others as they have stated on this thread and a couple of others.  But the site is not down.  If the site is down, you can't access it or use it.  Clearly we can do both.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 25 of 39
latest reply

"

So this old CGI link to my profile page:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=shipscript

...is now redirected to this new link to my profile page, which is the format eBay wants members to use:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/shipscript"

@shipscript you say ebay wants members to use this.... but members don't have any control over how an https.... shows up.   You just click on something and it directs to an https address.  A seller can't make it look one way or another.

And Yes, my store is having the same issue as others are describing.

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

How long does it take for the preview to show up? I've been waiting for about 4 minutes and it still shows a completely white screen, other than the options at the top of the page to "publish" or "edit".
Message 27 of 39
latest reply

Thanks, I ended up upgrading to the new store using that link

The category links work again. But I wasn't too crazy about it, so I reverted and it went back to broken. For now I'll run the "new store experience" - better to have some functionality than none... 

FYI, when I tried to revert back to the "old store", the first time it gave me an error. After about 30 minutes, I tried again and it worked.
Message 28 of 39
latest reply

Update: It's now been 15 minutes and the preview is still not showing up.
Message 29 of 39
latest reply

Toyhive, how long did it take for the "preview" so show up?
I clicked the update link, then the preview button, and yet 15 minutes later, still all I see on the screen is the option to "update" or "Edit" at the top of the page and then a white screen with one of those little circles going around. But no preview.
Message 30 of 39
latest reply