cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get Negative Feedback removed

I had a buyer buy a Bissell vacuum from me. It was tested and worked as it should. As soon it was delivered, the buyer sent me some aggressive messages calling me a liar and a scammer. I called eBay and told them to document my account that I might be getting ready to be scammed.  I was afraid she might do a switch a roo.  I remained professional and told her twice to start a return and once item is inspected I would be more than happy to issue her a refund. I never heard back from her after that. Instead she leaves negative feedback saying I sent her a broke item. (If it’s broke, why not return the item and get your money back?)  I called eBay, I contacted eBay for business, I chatted with ebay, I requested ebay to remove feedback through their process, and ebay says she has a right to her opinion.   How do I get this feedback off?  I’m so frustrated!  I take selling very seriously and I want to provide the best service I can. What else can I do???

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

.......posted by mistake, nothing to see here.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Completely, 100% disagree with the belief, "the customer is always right".  You know where that gets a company?  Stepped on.  Many, many years ago, Walmart was strong in pushing the belief of doing anything and everything for the customer; which included no receipt returns.  It didn't end well.  I've discussed it here on the boards before, so I'll leave it at that.

Much like personal relationships, we want a healthy balance.  The OP's buyer initiated communication by calling the seller a liar and a scammer.  Done, end of story. I block buyer and move on.  It's no longer a healthy business relationship.  Done.  Its not possible to make that customer happy; and to attempt to do so is at your own detriment.  

Op, you did the right thing...now, continue to do the right thing by moving on.  Its fine to attempt a feedback removal, but mentally distance yourself from the transaction.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Well, you did what you could.  Anyone researching the neg will see your explanation and if a normal person, will see the buyer is the problem here, not you.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

A and B = crazy talk.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Easy for inhawaii to comment on with other peoples product and money.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

This has just happened to me and I feel your frustration.  I sold a box set of DVD's of Andy Griffith shows.  They were perfect, in fact when I tested them, it was prbably the second time ever they had been played.  They were a Christmas gift about 8 years ago to my parents.  The customer messaged me they did not work, none of them worked, demanded a REFUND or they would leave NASTY feedback ( which they did) and contact eBay, so just give them a "dam refund".....they also stated they would "get the last laugh".....

This is bully tactics to get FREE stuff.  If I would have said sure, send back the item, they would not, gotten the refund, and I would have shown as in agreement.    Not once did they request to return, which my policy has NO RETURNS, (which apparently means nothing)....they just demanded REFUND....I have blocked them, sent a lengthy message to eBay powers that be, and will not respond to a return request.  I have until next Thursday, and I will do more research as to further remedies.  The amount in question is only 45.00.....it is the principle of the issue. THEY ARE STEALING.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

My experience with Ebay is they just don't want to be involved in transactions or issues or conflict or anything but collecting fees. They are now using AI to further isolate themselves from sellers and buyers. Ebay set up the Ebay Community and they stock it with Guides and so forth. So, the days of not having blemishes that may be unjustified removed are probably gone. The other side is buyers do not hold blemishes against sellers like sellers hold them against themselves. There are buyers guarantees that were not in place back in the day when reviews meant everything. Try to accept that reviews are simply that. NO one pleases everybody. You are fine. Just change your perspective. Perfect is not worth it. It will not get more sales.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

will not respond to a return request.

Assuming it's a Not as Described formal return request......if you don't respond, Ebay will refund (from your payments) and the buyer will keep the item.  If you accept the return, buyer is required to return the item and then you are required to refund........

My response to that feedback would be..........Terribly sorry the DVDs didn't work for you.  We actually viewed (and enjoyed) all of them before listing.   Please return for refund.......

The object on this is not to prove YOU are right and they are a scammer..........it's to present yourself to those who read the feedback as an upright, honest, responsive seller.......and to cast some doubt on the buyer  without calling names or questioning their integrity (except obliquely).    

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@vintage-camerastuff wrote:

A and B = crazy talk.

You'r right.  Crazy talk.

It's much better to argue with the buyer and insist the item is not broken because it was working when it was shipped.

Look where that got the OP.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@vintage-camerastuff wrote:

Easy for inhawaii to comment on with other peoples product and money.

I'm not giving advice that I wouldn't do (and have done) myself.

If you don't believe me, fine.

If you disagree with me, fine.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

will not respond to a return request.

Assuming it's a Not as Described formal return request......if you don't respond, Ebay will refund (from your payments) and the buyer will keep the item.  If you accept the return, buyer is required to return the item and then you are required to refund........

My response to that feedback would be..........Terribly sorry the DVDs didn't work for you.  We actually viewed (and enjoyed) all of them before listing.   Please return for refund.......

The object on this is not to prove YOU are right and they are a scammer..........it's to present yourself to those who read the feedback as an upright, honest, responsive seller.......and to cast some doubt on the buyer  without calling names or questioning their integrity (except obliquely).    

Sorry..........this should have been directed to @sherr-carot 

Message 26 of 26
latest reply