cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an entire store's inventory and commercial shelving be put in one listing for local pickup only?

I have Lozier commercial shelving (45 uprites, 200 beams & decks, 90 island gondolas with 3 shelves on each side), other items (steel clothing racks, light, pegboards, etc) and inventory (about 20 pallets includes hardware (nails, wall plates), clothing, frames, hair brush, and other items way to many to list) that I would like to part with in one go.  This was for a general store to be opened by a family member.  Covid delayed opening and along with family member finding out they had cancer which put an entire stop to opening this space.

Thus, the reason for parting with it in one go. I wanted to know if this is allowed on eBay. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Can an entire store's inventory and commercial shelving be put in one listing for local pickup o

You can sell everything as one huge lot. Need shelving and inventory store closing everything must go see description. Name your price. It might be a good idea to create the listing to be local pick up only.

You might come across someone who wants to open a store themselves or needs the shelving and inventory for their Ebay business.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Re: Can an entire store's inventory and commercial shelving be put in one listing for local pickup o

Have you sold anything on EBAY before?   All sellers are required to enroll in Managed Payments (so you can get paid).   You need to provide checking account (routing#) and your social security# (for tax purposes).  Name on checking account, social security card and EBAY account needs to be exact match.    After you sell your item (EBAY deducts selling fees) and balance is deposited into your checking account (5-7 days after sale).

You cannot put different items into "one listing" and sell as a group.   You can sell multiple items (but they have to be in the same category).   Create one listing for all shelving units and another for clothing, etc.

Good luck to you and sorry for your loss...

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

@caldreamer wrote:

You cannot put different items into "one listing" and sell as a group.   You can sell multiple items (but they have to be in the same category).   Create one listing for all shelving units and another for clothing, etc.

I don't think the above is correct.   I know of no ebay policy that forbids mixing items in a listing so long as all items are mentioned.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

What you want to do is allowed but I don't think ebay is the best venue for that kind of items.   You may want to look at the list of Craig instead.    Less chance of some numpty buyer on the other side of the country wanting you to ship all that stuff to him and less hassle getting paid after the sale.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I have to agree, eBay is not the place to do this, fee's will kill you, shipping/local pickup etc - you would only want to offer Pick up Only - pay cashiers check and if you do that it may as well be advertsied on local sites.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

You cannot put different items into "one listing" and sell as a group.   You can sell multiple items (but they have to be in the same category)...”

@caldreamer  Can you point to that policy because i was hoping for clarification? Just spent the better part of half an hour searching the policy pages. There is very little info on mixed lots.  I am thinking about people selling “junk drawers” with a variety of items, many unrelated goods. As long as the seller lists what is there, it is allowed. This OP would essentially be doing the same, perhaps using the “Everything Else” category. It would be a “Mixed Lot” or General Merchandise lot. I see over 9000 listings for the latter (which of course proves nothing since many are using the Consumer Electronics> Mixed Lots category and i suspect may not all be selling electronics). 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

I sold all my shelving: Gondolas, endcaps, over 200 linear feet, on CList.  I would run the ad in several different counties within my state.  Took about 6 months to get the right buyer, but was someone looking to open a new store.  They took everything.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Good info, I am in Aus so no idea who to suggest to the OP, other than eBay not being the best choice LOL

Would it be better to list as a lot, but show a break down also for someone who may need part of rather than all ?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

This might be something for eBay Classified ad listing. I have never done one, but you might look into it.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/selling-classified-ads?id=4167&st=12&pos=1&q...

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

If that were true, then no one would be able to sell junk drawer lots, and some of those can get huge. I have seen lots have books, jewelry, figurines, coins, toys, and etc all in one lot. It spans various categories from modern to vintage. Every thing is sold at once for one price.

What you can not do is put what appears to be a lot, and sell the items individually in single separate transactions using only the one listing. That would be Ebay fee avoidance.

If you have multiples of the same type of items, you can do a variation listing.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

You have to be careful splitting it up. You only have so many uprights, and long aisles share them.  So if you sold, let's say a single 4-foot gondola, it would require 2 uprights.  If you sold two 4-foot gondolas, it requires 3 uprights.  Then how many shelves are on each side of the gondola?  3, 4? Selling an entire connected aisle is the way most equipment liquidators do it, 4 or 5 gondolas, with 2 end caps and shelves for each side.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

try facebook marketplace first.. no fees 
take cash only, lots of pics and be patient.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

You absolutely can list everything at once, as long as it's not a 'choice' listing, i.e., pick what you want - it has to be the entire lot and that can be anything, so long as it's the whole lot for one money.

eBay classifieds is a good idea, but TBH, for that amount of inventory, I would do both Classifieds and CL or another local venue just to cover your bases.

You can also break it up a bit - selling the clothing (if that's the inventory) in one huge lot and infrastructure in the other.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

It's probably allowed, but just don't see eBay as the right venue for this particular item.

Others have suggested better alternatives.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply