cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Trust Buyer with Zero Rating?

Hey all, just received offer on substantially priced item from buyer who's been a member since 2018 yet has 0 followers and 0 rating. Is this a scam? Have never come across this before but it looks highly suspicious. Not interested in dealing with scammers so any input is appreciated!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Can You Trust Buyer with Zero Rating?

Everyone has to start from Zero. I'd give a buyer or seller with zero feedback the benefits of the doubt.

but I'd trust a buyer much less if I already stated in my listings that I do not accept "Best Offers" yet the buyer still sent  "best offer" via eBay message --a buyer who doesnt read or disrespects seller's wishes has great potential to cause problems later. 

by the way,   a buyer who appears to have Zero feedback could be a veteran buyer or seller hiding behind a new account. Sometime ago a person with low feedback ratings sent me an offer even I wrote in my "Item descriptions" that  I do not accept offers, it happened that my Facebook friends know who and how she is (I sell dolls, the collector community is a small world), I didnt like what I heard, so I ignored her message, a couple of days later she used another account to purchase the item without negotiating.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply