cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell 2 em

Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell 2 em

because I am noticing all of the privileges that they seem to acquire are privileges that they are widely abusing unfortunately hurting the little guys I don't want to sell to them what can I do

Message 1 of 159
latest reply
158 REPLIES 158

Re: Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell

".i have spent a good 5 hours or more on phone 5 times with customer service going in circles...telling me lies..making it up as they go...when i clearly remind them of their own policies ..present 100 % proof of my claims...and am just ignored"

You wasted those five hours speaking with customer service.  CS reps do not know what is going on, they do not know eBay policies, they are reading from a script, any information they give you is incorrect and they tell you what they think you want to hear just to get rid of you.  You would have been better off contacting eBay's Facebook page where there are some knowledgeable reps. 

Message 31 of 159
latest reply

Re: Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell

@rockhounddog wrote:

how long u been top rated seller?

Both my stores have basically been top rated seller since the minute they opened. I have briefly dropped down to above standard a few times because of post office issues but I always go back to top rated as soon as the next evaluation phase comes around.

It might seem as if top rate was only big sellers or something special, but is the basic default status for any seller above the most casual level, as all it takes is 100 sales in a year adding up to $1000. Even most hobby sellers will blow past that.

Message 32 of 159
latest reply

@rockhounddog wrote:

the privileges i speak of are not "buyer"..they are SELLER privileges.

Your words:

So which is it?

I thought I understood clearly that you do not wish to SELL to TRS sellers (which makes them BUYERS at that time), is that not the case?

One last thing...

@rockhounddog wrote:

trust me i know more then you might think about policy..i have read them all too many times.

That being the case, why not follow these policies?

@rockhounddog wrote:

what i have learned is ebay does not follow its own policy

Worry not whether ebay follows policy, just follow policy yourself, possibly make life much easier.

Generally the most struggle is always experienced by those working against the flow.

Message 33 of 159
latest reply

Gonna have to disagree on that..

Message 34 of 159
latest reply

What would I do I would live in fear with every new order like I have been feeling like this person is crazy enough to do what he did who knows what kind of measures he would go to again to do it to do harm That's what and I shouldn't have to be like that. And yes he's blocked.

Message 35 of 159
latest reply

Don't live in fear.  Just don't bother looking at who's buying your stuff and follow policy: they buy, you ship. Regardless.

Message 36 of 159
latest reply

I swear Saturday night live needs to make a skit on eBay and it's community threads.

Message 37 of 159
latest reply

Facebook was even worse I did that they actually blocked me because I was pointing out their flaws and policy and how they were not being followed they didn't like that I was exposing too much.

Message 38 of 159
latest reply

@rockhounddog wrote:

I swear Saturday night live needs to make a skit on eBay and it's community threads.

Yes. This one would be a great candidate.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 39 of 159
latest reply

You don't lose not as described cases because the buyer is a TRS, you lose because they are a buyer.  The money back guarantee is really strong for buyers.

Message 40 of 159
latest reply

I'm not understanding what your issue with TRS sellers is.

In order to be a TRS, you must sell a certain quantity and dollar amount, plus you must meet certain service standards. 

Looks like you're on track to be a TRS at some point soon, IF you meet the service metrics.

Problem is, you have some feedback issues.

Why would any TRS want to sell to you?

Message 41 of 159
latest reply

With all the posts on this board about slow sales I think most sellers are happy to make a sale regardless of TRS/no TRS status. If you can afford to pick and choose more power to ya

You had a problem transaction with one single buyer who happened to also be a TRS seller & now you don't want to sell to any TRS accounts

Seems that it would be like me saying "my last idiotic NEG was from a buyer in Wisconsin, I no longer want to sell to anyone in Wisconsin"

Message 42 of 159
latest reply

Hah, I've seen people saying similar things about specific states in the US before, actually!  I agree, it's just as silly.

Message 43 of 159
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

As to the FB they left.  They didn't violate policy on the FB, which is why you couldn't get it removed.  I understand and respect you didn't agree with it, but that isn't a reason they remove FB for.

Just so you know, you likely did more damage to your FB pages by your responses to your negs.  One or two of them are worse that the neg the buyer left.  You need to remember that the FB page is for everyone to see and for everyone to evaluate you as a seller.  When you respond with name calling and unprofessional posting, it makes you look bad, not the buyer that left the neg.  

When you respond to any FB, your top priority should be to your potential customers and ALWAY be professional, tactful, polite and respectful.  That is what potential customers want to see, not a war of words.

@rockhounddog wrote:

please tell me what was unprofessional ?and by what definition .and what names i called him?i spoke the truth he did not,at all.

@rockhounddog - Do you really think it's professional (and mature) to call a buyer a liar? Do you really think it's professional to tell a buyer (in public feedback, no less!) bthat "I dont trust u." Do you really think it's professional to say to respond to a feedback with "never called him liar..though i idid call his lies out ." 

Both responses to feedback would make me hit the back button even if you were the only seller with the item I want! 

I understand that you're unhappy with this particular buyer and it might be with good reason. But the vibe you're giving to every other person who looks at your feedback and reads your posts here is that you're unhinged and one might want to walk on eggshells if they experience a problem with an item they might purchase from you.

Is that the type of seller you want to look like? 

The problems you experienced in this situation have absolutely nothing to do with the buyer's TRS status as a seller. They have to do with you, the item they bought from you and your reaction to their dispute. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 44 of 159
latest reply

@rockhounddog wrote:

item not as described.i described it as translucent green..he did inad saying it wasnt transparent or green and then uploads a picture of the exact same stone listed as his inad upload..nobody looks at the picture its crazy.it was exactly  what was described..and infactr he even said the wrong description in his inad.i never said it was transparent..he did.anyways..i had no problem with refunding him.infact it was i who offered it to him.but the next morning i get an inad and a negative ...**bleep**?i was nothing but polite and working with him.so from there it goes to hell.so yeah...him being a trs definayly helped in his favor when trying to explain to ebay howinfact his inad was not correct.i proved it with diagrams pictures and words.i could care less about the money sale or rock...it was the negatives and bad metrics he caused me maliciously.

i am a very seasoned ebayer...trust me i know bout all there is to know when it comes to following the policy...i guess what i didnt know is the in and out of breaking them and being dishonest and using policy to commit fraud.

the second sale he did ...he uploaded a picture of a coin saying thats what i sent him...yet i never mailed anything to him...and then later in his neg feedback he admits that he never got it...still ...does ebay care?no...do they side with him?i did nothing wrong at anytime as far as dealing with this guy...he is targeting for no reason.that i know of that is.

yes teh feedback breaks policy.he lied everywhere and is all proveable..defamation...BUT...the thing is..though he did what ebay say is not allowed..well it still doesnt earn grounds for removal according to the guidlines...hilarious.

so how is it he has been getting many negatives taken off his fb this month?i count  5 so far.

please tell me what was unprofessional ?and by what definition .and what names i called him?i spoke the truth he did not,at all.

u ever think about workin for ebay?i think u would do good there..thats not an attack..its...a compliment.

I get it.  There are buyers that open an INAD and they are less than truthful when doing so.  I'm not arguing that point with you.  What I do disagree with that a TRS has some special powers / benefits or the ability to discriminate  against any other member regarding an INAD.

Any other member would have been able to do the same thing.  Being TRS has ZERO consideration in the INAD process.  And TRS has NO special benefits when they are acting as a buyer.   They are like any other buyer would be.

I understand and I also respect that you feel you were polite and professional, clearly your buyer saw things differently and they have that right.  Your response to negative FB was not polite or professional.

No the FB they left does not break any policy regarding FB.  If you feel it does, provide the exact policy it breaks to Ebay customer service and they may remove the FB.  However keep in mind that because their opinion of the transaction is different than your or you don't approve of does not in and of itself mean they broke a rule.

IDK any particulars about your buyer, so IDK what FB they have had removed and for what reason.  So I don't have an opinion on that as I have no information on it.

I overstated when I said don't call your buyers names.  Yours was right on the line "...never called him liar..though i idid call his lies out..."

No I haven't as I work for myself and have for years.  Because you don't like what I've shared with you neither makes me wrong or an employee of the site.  It merely means you don't like what I've said.

I still don't know why you think TRS gets any perks as a buyer.  That is still not clear at all.  What did this buyer do that any other buyer could do?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 45 of 159
latest reply