cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell 2 em

Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell 2 em

because I am noticing all of the privileges that they seem to acquire are privileges that they are widely abusing unfortunately hurting the little guys I don't want to sell to them what can I do

Message 1 of 159
latest reply
158 REPLIES 158

Re: Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell

So your complaint is that you've been losing MBG cases as a buyer or as a seller?

Message 16 of 159
latest reply

Re: Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell

@rockhounddog wrote:

because I am noticing all of the privileges that they seem to acquire are privileges that they are widely abusing unfortunately hurting the little guys I don't want to sell to them what can I do

Are you assuming that because a buyer has a high feedback count that they're TRS? 

ANY buyer who doesn't receive their items or receives different items than they purchased will win claims against you. Their feedback count has nothing to do with ebay honoring their MBG. 

And on a side note, you might want to review feedback policy. Sellers are not allowed to leave negative comments for buyers. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 17 of 159
latest reply

how long u been top rated seller?

Message 18 of 159
latest reply

It is not feasible to attempt to limit sales this way.

Since there is no mechanism to weed out certain buyers who may also be TRS prior to the sale, the only way to monitor the issue is after the sale. And the way eBay has their policies set up to penalize sellers who initiate transaction cancellations, the choice to cancel a TRS buyer would eventually destroy the health of your selling account. 

The alternative would be to include a blurb in your description field in each listing that TRS buyers are unwanted. But with that comes the potential to offend shoppers, which does not show your customer service skills off to best advantage. Generally, i am against sellers putting anything negative in their listings. It can erode one’s image and limit sales. 

Message 19 of 159
latest reply

my assumption is based on experience.

my most recent experience..a top rated seller was able to make a fradulant inad case twice..in a row..and infact the second time..they were able to do an inad when i had not even shipped it yet..and i was still within my allowed shipping time per shipping policy.and got a negative from both sales.i of. course blocked him.the second sale was so he could leave another neg..he waited exactly 1 week so it would count as 2 neg.he was very calculated.i have been watching his feedback recieved as well as given.what i have noticed just in one month...he had had 5 or more neg appear for one day..and gone the next.i have also noticed he has recently done a very similiar thing to another seller...left him 3 neg saying his 99 cent comic books were fake...anyways...ebay refuses to do anything about anything..i have spent a good 5 hours or more on phone 5 times with customer service going in circles...telling me lies..making it up as they go...when i clearly remind them of their own policies ..present 100 % proof of my claims...and am just ignored.funny how a company would have an appeals dept then no one can appeal to directly..cant actualy speak to anyone...in the so called appeals dept...because they work "offline"...so they say.

Message 20 of 159
latest reply

uh..no......

Message 21 of 159
latest reply

@rockhounddog wrote:

the privileges i speak of are not "buyer"..they are SELLER privileges..trust me i know more then you might think about policy..i have read them all too many times.what ihave learned is ebay does not follow its own policy and favors trs over the littlle guy when it comes to case outcome and overlooking or completely ignoring  trs abuse in policy breaking them knowing they will get away with it..think i am wrong about what i say.i am not.

Clearly you are upset by something but you just aren't giving us enough information to actually understand what it is that you have experienced with TRS.  Would you mind giving more details and not just vague / general accusations. 

What privileges do TRS have that you take offense to?  How are TRS favored over smaller sellers?  

I have no idea if you are wrong.  You haven't told us anything yet except general statements.  Can agree or disagree with them as they don't tell us much.  So details please.  That would help a lot.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 22 of 159
latest reply

i did in a very short version  of what transpired..in a post above.

Message 23 of 159
latest reply

@rockhounddog wrote:

i did in a very short version  of what transpired..in a post above.

You did, I'm sorry.  I missed reading that post.  My bad.

Message 24 of 159
latest reply

@rockhounddog wrote:

my assumption is based on experience.

my most recent experience..a top rated seller was able to make a fradulant inad case twice..in a row..and infact the second time..they were able to do an inad when i had not even shipped it yet..and i was still within my allowed shipping time per shipping policy.and got a negative from both sales.i of. course blocked him.the second sale was so he could leave another neg..he waited exactly 1 week so it would count as 2 neg.he was very calculated.i have been watching his feedback recieved as well as given.what i have noticed just in one month...he had had 5 or more neg appear for one day..and gone the next.i have also noticed he has recently done a very similiar thing to another seller...left him 3 neg saying his 99 cent comic books were fake...anyways...ebay refuses to do anything about anything..i have spent a good 5 hours or more on phone 5 times with customer service going in circles...telling me lies..making it up as they go...when i clearly remind them of their own policies ..present 100 % proof of my claims...and am just ignored.funny how a company would have an appeals dept then no one can appeal to directly..cant actualy speak to anyone...in the so called appeals dept...because they work "offline"...so they say.

Any buyer can open what the seller deems a "fraudulent" INAD.  The buyer doesn't have to be a TRS or even a seasoned Ebayer.  We see lots of cases like this on the threads from buyers that have never sold as well as more seasoned, well rounded sellers.  The faults INADs are in no way limited to TRS.

So this issue you had with the seller that was TRS didn't go the way it did because they were TRS.  TRS had NOTHING to do with it.

As to the FB they left.  They didn't violate policy on the FB, which is why you couldn't get it removed.  I understand and respect you didn't agree with it, but that isn't a reason they remove FB for.

Just so you know, you likely did more damage to your FB pages by your responses to your negs.  One or two of them are worse that the neg the buyer left.  You need to remember that the FB page is for everyone to see and for everyone to evaluate you as a seller.  When you respond with name calling and unprofessional posting, it makes you look bad, not the buyer that left the neg.  

When you respond to any FB, your top priority should be to your potential customers and ALWAY be professional, tactful, polite and respectful.  That is what potential customers want to see, not a war of words.

Message 25 of 159
latest reply

Just when you think you've heard (read) it all.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 26 of 159
latest reply

item not as described.i described it as translucent green..he did inad saying it wasnt transparent or green and then uploads a picture of the exact same stone listed as his inad upload..nobody looks at the picture its crazy.it was exactly  what was described..and infactr he even said the wrong description in his inad.i never said it was transparent..he did.anyways..i had no problem with refunding him.infact it was i who offered it to him.but the next morning i get an inad and a negative ...**bleep**?i was nothing but polite and working with him.so from there it goes to hell.so yeah...him being a trs definayly helped in his favor when trying to explain to ebay howinfact his inad was not correct.i proved it with diagrams pictures and words.i could care less about the money sale or rock...it was the negatives and bad metrics he caused me maliciously.

i am a very seasoned ebayer...trust me i know bout all there is to know when it comes to following the policy...i guess what i didnt know is the in and out of breaking them and being dishonest and using policy to commit fraud.

the second sale he did ...he uploaded a picture of a coin saying thats what i sent him...yet i never mailed anything to him...and then later in his neg feedback he admits that he never got it...still ...does ebay care?no...do they side with him?i did nothing wrong at anytime as far as dealing with this guy...he is targeting for no reason.that i know of that is.

yes teh feedback breaks policy.he lied everywhere and is all proveable..defamation...BUT...the thing is..though he did what ebay say is not allowed..well it still doesnt earn grounds for removal according to the guidlines...hilarious.

so how is it he has been getting many negatives taken off his fb this month?i count  5 so far.

please tell me what was unprofessional ?and by what definition .and what names i called him?i spoke the truth he did not,at all.

u ever think about workin for ebay?i think u would do good there..thats not an attack..its...a compliment.

Message 27 of 159
latest reply

trust me..u aint heard nuttn yet

Message 28 of 159
latest reply

@rockhounddog 

"Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell 2 em"

Can you do so effectively? No. 

Having skimmed through this thread, I would say your ire is misplaced. You give examples of what are---at least to experienced sellers on this board---garden variety examples of seller-buyer disputes , with ebay siding with the buyer. Indeed, one of the most common complaints here is "ebay always sides with the buyer"---which is not entirely true, but is certainly not an uncommon result, regardless of the evidence presented.

What people are trying to tell you is: If you were a TRS seller (I am one, and have been for years), and your buyer was not a TRS seller, the result in your case would almost certainly have been the same. Buyer wins.

The result has NOTHING to do with the fact that the buyer is TRS. The result has to do with ebay's much-complained about dispute system, not the TRS status of the person involved in the dispute.

Message 29 of 159
latest reply

Oooo those are some pretty rocks!  I could make some great additions to my collection.  

Oh wait, I'm a TRS.

So real world go-time scenario:

What would you do if I were to purchase one of your items right now?

A) Cancel my order?

B) Cancel my order then block me?

C) Not even notice I'm a TRS and be happy for a sale and ship it?

D) ... Other (Fill in your answer)

Message 30 of 159
latest reply