cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Shipping not working - buyer's zip codes not recognized

Hi,  Sometime last night it seems calculated shipping in the listings has stopped working. Buyers have started emailing me about invalid zip codes.  I checked my listings and they are right, I cannot enter any form of zip code and get a shipping price. I tried another seller with calculated shipping and had the same problem.  Are other sellers/buyers noticing the same issue? Does eBay already know they have the problem or where can I report it?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Calculated Shipping not working - buyer's zip codes not recognized

I see your problem and can't see it on other sellers with calculated shipping.

I would call ebay, look up top at help and contact. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I tried using eBay's Help & Contact section - there's no choice for technical issues and it just sends me right bact here to the Community. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Ugh...........I tried and got the same thing you did........  Maybe because CS is in western time zones and not open yet......

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

[Either this isn't the seller account with the issue, you've pulled all your listings, or there's a bug. I can't see any of your listings to see what might be going on.]

Is FedEx Smartpost a shipping option on the listings having trouble, and if so, are the packages largish with the second longest length more than 17"?

Something's been going on with the live listings choking on Smartpost non-machinable condition #2.  They will list fine, but shipping is hosed. Tested only with Smartpost as the sole shipping option so don't know if SP only has to be one of the shipping options for the failure.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/Listing-will-not-accept-Fedex-Smartpost-shipping-optio...

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Followup to previous post about Smartpost problem:

If Smartpost is the only shipping option and the second longest side of pkg is > 17", the adv lisiting tool will list the item, but the listing will have a red "Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid ZIP code" error message on the shipping tab.

If Smartpost is one of multiple shipping options and 2nd side > 17", it will list fine, but Smartpost option won't even appear on the shipping tab.

Both of the above are a bug - the > 17" non-machinable issue should be getting caught at listing (or revision time)

If Smartpost is the only one of many shipping options for a pkg with longest side > 34" the listing (or revision) process will fail with an error that needs to be corrected to proceed. (correct behavior - not a bug)

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You're not seeing any of my listings as they were all auction items that completed yesterday. Another problem arose - almost all of the buyers could not pay automatically until I sent them an invoice. Buyers said that eBay didn't recognize their zip code as valid or "was allowed to ship to their state". I double-checked my preferences and I hsve no areas blocked - no coutries. Never have. I had an auction back in March with the same settings with no issues.

As for shipping everything was set to be shipping USPS First Class, Domestic and Foreign. Also almost every item was between 1oz to 3oz, letter rate. No FedEx nor UPS options. Everything I sell fits in an envelope. I used Turbo Lister to list the items, but again the shipping preferences checked out fine. I do select "irregular" on shipping preferences since the envelopes are rigid and have the non-machineable surcharge, but no dimensions are entered and never have in the past or present.  Smartpost should not be a factor in this problem at all.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yeah, I just saw your other thread in Technical Issues that had a bit more info and realized it wasn't the Smartpost thing.

What you are describing seems like it's happened before at random, and I don't recall any specific resolution or workaround. IIRC, it was one of those things where it happend to enough people who complained to CS on the phone, the tech people unbollixed whatever they had bollixed, ang things returned to normal.

Hope it resolves for you.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Just to be clear, the Smartpost non-machinable issue has nothing to do with your non-machinable FCM settings.

The SP thing is a fail in the calculators when a Smartpost package has over a 17" second longest side, which should just trigger a non-machinable surcharge, but ship calc in the lsiting rolls over and dies instead.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply