cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer want to return item and it states that buyer pays return shipping, why do I the Seller have to

I have a buyer who wants to return an item because it didn't have a tag with it that proved it to be from some company. I never stated that it was new and came with a tag. She wants to return it and I will be glad to accept and refund her for the item but I do not think I should have to pay for return shipping when it states in the listing that buyer has to pay for return shipping. Will ebay make me pay for the return shipping? Is there anything a Seller can do???

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Buyer want to return item and it states that buyer pays return shipping, why do I the Seller hav

depends on the reson the buyer is using.....or case dictates...

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Re: Buyer want to return item and it states that buyer pays return shipping, why do I the Seller hav

@lbtowntheonewrote:

Will ebay make me pay for the return shipping? Is there anything a Seller can do???

If they filed a SNAD claim, you would pay return shipping, if you want the item returned.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

What is a SNAD claim?

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@lbtowntheonewrote:

What is a SNAD claim?

Not as described.

Your buyer had two classes of reasons when she opened the return. One covers remorse (doesn't fit, don't like it, found a better price) and the other covers NAD (does not match the description, defective, missing parts, wrong item).

The first group makes her pay return shipping, the latter makes you pay it. Obviously she chose the latter.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Significantly Not As Described

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Do you have pictures of the item with a "tag" or shown without one?

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Has the buyer opened a return request or did she just message you that she wants to return the item and wants a return label? 

If she has opened a SNAD return request and she writes in the reason for the return - that the item is missing the tag - call Ebay customer service Monday morning so you get a US rep. Have them look at the listing as you state in the title and in the description that the item is new without tag. Tell them you are happy to take the return but this is a remorse return as the listing stated the item was new without tags.

They should close the case in your favor. Email the buyer and let them know you are happy to take the return but she must pay to have the item sent back.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Is there anything a Seller can do???

No.  eBay expects sellers to accept all returns, and to pay return shipping when the reason given by the buyer is not as described.  Don't call eBay unless you want to have an unresolved case strike.  eBay knows buyers dishonestly claim not as described sometimes.  eBay expects sellers to know that, too, and to fund business expenses (which includes return issues).  You make money on the aggregate of sales.  Expect losses - and fund them in advance.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Basically the buyer can LIE out their teeth and cost you return shipping sorry.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

If it's clothing, then it's sold with a manufacturer/designer tag and a care tag. If you put it in used or new, the tag has to be in place because that is the way the garment is produced.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

No.  eBay expects sellers to accept all returns, and to pay return shipping when the reason given by the buyer is not as described - eponymous to op  - unquote --------------------------------

But the REAL reason the buyer wants to return  is because she didn't read the listing correctly . The item was as described  according to the seller . The buyer has dishonestly  filed a NAD to get out of paying the return shipping . I know e bay reps have access to  messages between the buyers and sellers . Perhaps when or if they read the correspondence  between the op/ seller  and their buyer  they won't force  the op to pay for the return shipping ? I think it's worth a try for the seller to contact e bay myself ,, I would at least  . Tulips 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

They should close the case in your favor. tunicsalot to op - unquote -----

I think so too , especially if they read the true reason the buyer wants to return the purchase .  Tulips 

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Is there anything a Seller can do??? op - unquote -

Yes , call e bay and explain the real reason the buyer  wants you to pay for the return shipping .  Please come back and let us know the outcome , it may be helpful . Tulips 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@turquoisetulipswrote:

No.  eBay expects sellers to accept all returns, and to pay return shipping when the reason given by the buyer is not as described - eponymous to op  - unquote --------------------------------

But the REAL reason the buyer wants to return  is because she didn't read the listing correctly . The item was as described  according to the seller . The buyer has dishonestly  filed a NAD to get out of paying the return shipping . I know e bay reps have access to  messages between the buyers and sellers . Perhaps when or if they read the correspondence  between the op/ seller  and their buyer  they won't force  the op to pay for the return shipping ? I think it's worth a try for the seller to contact e bay myself ,, I would at least  . Tulips 

We understand that, and it doesn't matter to eBay.  Re-read?

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 15 of 18
latest reply