cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer's contact information

In the past, ebay provided contact information (phone numbers) exchanges. You were able to get the other parties phone number and in exchange your own phone number was given in return. Has ebay stopped this exchange between buyer and seller? I thought it was availabe in the Advance Search, but I can not find it. It has been quite a while since I have needed to use this feature.

"Aw...Darn it, Woodstock...look what you left on my keyboard again!"
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer's contact information

Thank you goodluckselling. The words "before purchase is completed" is what seems to be the stickler. As in my case, it is not, therefore the full contact information is not available.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I don’t think that feature is available now.  If you go to the sold item in sellers hub or my eBay, click on the the arrow next to that item and go to view record.  Quite often the buyers phone number is listed there.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Nope, I can't seem to find the buyer's contact information there either.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I guess I have found my own answer as I have found a page to enter buyer's Id and also the item number to gather member's contact information. After doing so and hitting the enter button, this message comes up from ebay: 

"This feature has been deprecated"

Darn, that's too bad. That was a nice option to have.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I would freak out if an eBay seller called me. I would cancel the transaction (if applicable) immediately. I would consider it worse than a telemarketer call and more in line with a stalker.

But that's just me.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@pburn wrote:
I would freak out if an eBay seller called me. I would cancel the transaction (if applicable) immediately. I would consider it worse than a telemarketer call and more in line with a stalker.

But that's just me.

I had a seller call me one time. She decided to make sure I fully understood this description.

After she talked down to me for 5 minutes non-stop no not letting me get a word in edgewise, I wasn't happy. She ended up losing the sale because she called me rather then just shipping the item out.

I also had a buyer call me one time at 3 a.m. begging me to accept her best offer. I could not get my computer to block her fast enough, then I went off on her about calling in the middle of the night.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The contact info is available on the order details page.  If you bought or sold something with another user this is where the contact info is found.  If you just want to contact a buyer before a purchase is completed that feature is not available any longer.

eBay has a new seller policy where you can make your phone number available to buyers so they can contact you by phone before and/or after they’ve bought from you. Sellers will need to opt in before you can share your number though.  You can do this from the manage communications with buyers preference page  -  Click Here

Good Luck Selling!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you goodluckselling. The words "before purchase is completed" is what seems to be the stickler. As in my case, it is not, therefore the full contact information is not available.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@hunyuk14 wrote:

You can still send an eBay message.  Of course not all sellers are quick to respond but it is a path you can consider.  I have also had eBay CSR call me on behalf of a buyer who insisted to get an answer to a question immediately before they purchased, which was strange.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply