cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer's Leaving Positive Feedback and really low DSR's

Why do buyers do this? I understand some seller's do charge an exuberant amount for shipping but if any buyer would actually figure up the cost of shipping, the cost of the package itself/packaging materials then maybe they would see some seller's really aren't overcharging them to the extent that they need to leave 1, 2 & 3 star DSR's for shipping! I'm a very small seller and I sell my items at yard sale prices I think yet apparently I should just ship the item out for free too! One lady as an example bought something from me and I wound up upgrading her package to Priority as it was over the weight, cost more than she even paid in shipping not counting my fee's I had to pay so I basically lost on that particular one but she left positive feedback and extremely low DSR's, low for item as described & shipping.  I immediately just go in and block these kind of buyers. I have even put it in every one of my listings that if there are any problems to please contact me prior to feedback and leaving any DSR yet not a single one of them EVER have! They clearly see the cost of the item and cost of the shipping PRIOR to buying yet they still buy then want to complain only in a sneaky way? They honestly think a seller can't determine which buyer lowballed them on DSR, especially a small seller who doesn't sell a lot of things on a regular basis? Thankfully I don't get too many but how many is too many before you cannot sell anymore or is there a way to have them removed if they are completely unfair? 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Buyer's Leaving Positive Feedback and really low DSR's

@candiesommer wrote:

or is there a way to have them removed if they are completely unfair? 

The stars?

No.  Who says they have to be 'fair'?  And who decides what 'fair' is?  Buyers are entitled to their opinion whether or not the seller agrees.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Neither Feedback nor DSRs makes any difference to eBay's view of your selling record.

Feedback does have an effect on your future customers.

Nobody (possibly including your customer) understands what DSRs are or how they work.

You got positive feedback.

The DSRs are irrelevant.

If you don't already own a digital scale, run out and buy one.

I got mine at Canadian Tire for under $20Cdn  It's made by StarFrit and has saved me money every day I've owned it.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

this bugs me too!
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I would think if this is happening consistently with only 48 star ratings that your overall rating would be lower than 4.8? 

So is this happening a lot or just once or twice? You cannot control the behavior of others and there are just people out there who grade on a harder curve than others. Maybe they got "free" shipping on a similar item and think "paying" for shipping is too high?

Over all, your DSRs look great.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I did end up getting one after that, thanks
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I've had like 7-8 out of 100 but a couple of them were extremely low like the lady in the example gave me a 1 star for shipping and a 3 for item not as described and 1 other gave me a 3 but the rest were 4's which I'm fine with it was just the 1 that ticked me off as she could see from the label it cost more than she even paid so I felt it was unnecessary. It's a shame you can't leave buyers the same type of feedback or ratings. I was just trying to build up my feedback to start posting other things that weren't in the lower dollar range but since seller's don't seem to have any protection whatsoever I'm really having second thoughts.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

They revised the feedback page and now there is no longer an explanation for these things, so buyers may not know what is a good score and what is not.

Before you could hover over a number, and it would explain what that number meant.

That is not there anymore.  

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

"Exorbitant"
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Right, iPhone has a mind of its own and tends to change correctly spelled words sometimes to whatever word it wants lol
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

DSR's haven't counted for anything for several years, so I wouldn't lose focus by stressing about them.  I can't imagine any buyers these days even paying attention to them. 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I have a couple of gray "points" on some of my stars, which probably means that I am at 4.9%; however, my feedback comments do not reflect any dissatisfaction. I guess the anonymity factor makes buyers fee; comfortable with leaving a lower "star" rating, whereas they feel intimidated by having their IDs associated with a less-than-stellar feedback rating and comment.
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I wouldn't worry about the dsrs, but more on actually making money for the work you are doing.  Possibly the two are even related.  I don't understand offering fixed price listings for 99 cents, and even worse, you are accepting offers for less than that.   The final value fee alone on the item and shipping and paypal fees will wipe out any reason to sell this way.  I wouldn't even do a 99 cent auction, but fixed price boggles my mind.

Maybe your buyer sees your items are so cheap that they rate you harshly on the shipping, which looks high in comparison.   Many buyers have no idea what shipping actually costs.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

eBay's Feedback & DSRs system has evolved over the years into a cruel system, which is incredibly unfair to low-volume Sellers.
High-volume Sellers may have hundreds of genuinely disgruntled customers every month, yet a low-volume Seller is held to a standard which will see them Restricted for the slightest deviation from absolute perfection on just a couple of transactions.

I've found other venues for Selling which are very much more Seller-friendly, and which provide the sort of prices and sell-thru rates which we enjoyed on eBay a very long time ago (and, actually do have functional protection for Sellers).

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@luv3labs wrote:

eBay's Feedback & DSRs system has evolved over the years into a cruel system, which is incredibly unfair to low-volume Sellers.
High-volume Sellers may have hundreds of genuinely disgruntled customers every month, yet a low-volume Seller is held to a standard which will see them Restricted for the slightest deviation from absolute perfection on just a couple of transactions.

I've found other venues for Selling which are very much more Seller-friendly, and which provide the sort of prices and sell-thru rates which we enjoyed on eBay a very long time ago (and, actually do have functional protection for Sellers).

Feedback and dsrs no longer count against sellers on evaluations. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply