cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer refunded by EBAY, later received item. Did not pay item nor return item. EBAY on buyers side !

BEWARE SELLERS !!!

This will be the last time selling on ebay.

Ebay sides with buyers and not sellers.

I sent an item to the buyer which was held up and took longer than expected to arrive. Buyer opened a case for refund and was automatically refunded. Item arrived 1 week later with proof of tracking. Contacted buyer which obviously isnt responding since they just got the item for free with the help of ebay. EBAY wont do anything and cant do anything to force buyer to return item or pay for it. So buyer wins. He got the item for FREE and refunded. RIDICULOUS. I have provided ebay with proof it was delivered and responded they cant do anything.

Is it just me or would it be simple for EBAY to ask the buyer to pay since proof was provided that item was delivered and if they dont, just charge the buyer automatically like they did me for the refund ?

I wanted to share my experience with other sellers who might have had something similar happen to them.

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Buyer refunded by EBAY, later received item. Did not pay item nor return item. EBAY on buyers side !

@funbuyscanada wrote:
Ebay refunded from my credit card. Refunded buyer and closed the case.

Oh, this one is easy. Dispute the charge as unauthorized with your credit card company.

Message 61 of 64
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

Sorry that happened, but Ebay gave the buyer an estimated delivery date.

If the item does not get delivered by that date, the buyer can file an INR to get there money back.

You can try sending an invoice through Pay Pal and see if they will repay.

Nope, can't do that anymore since ebay AND paypal are hiding buyer e-mail addresses. OP has no idea where to send a paypal invoice.

Had this happen to me not too long ago. I went into Paypal and got their email address and sent them an invoice. It took her a few weeks but she paid me along with a profuse apology for the late re-payment. I just looked today and I can still access the buyer's email. 

Message 62 of 64
latest reply

@funbuyscanada wrote:

BEWARE SELLERS !!!

This will be the last time selling on ebay.

Ebay sides with buyers and not sellers.

I sent an item to the buyer which was held up and took longer than expected to arrive. Buyer opened a case for refund and was automatically refunded. Item arrived 1 week later with proof of tracking. Contacted buyer which obviously isnt responding since they just got the item for free with the help of ebay. EBAY wont do anything and cant do anything to force buyer to return item or pay for it. So buyer wins. He got the item for FREE and refunded. RIDICULOUS. I have provided ebay with proof it was delivered and responded they cant do anything.

Is it just me or would it be simple for EBAY to ask the buyer to pay since proof was provided that item was delivered and if they dont, just charge the buyer automatically like they did me for the refund ?

I wanted to share my experience with other sellers who might have had something similar happen to them.

iF your buyer uses a credit card and buy from a mail order outlet,if item does not arrive,his credit card issuer will do the same,refund his payment.

when the item later arrived,do you think his cc issuer will take the money back from him?

No.

the only way is to take cash or wire transfer,or find a more efficient way of delivering the goods if there s a better way to do so.     

Message 63 of 64
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@yuzuha

@yuzuha wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

eBay only allows 3 business days before they award the INR Refund to the Buyer ... certainly not enough time ... they should at a minimum have that set for 30 Days like thier own claim processing window.

Actually, if you upload tracking that shows recent movement, they will give you a 10-day extension on the INR.  That's why I asked OP whether or not the tracking had shown any movement within that seven days or if there was just radio silence.

As always, thanks for the ... but the 30 day window is better.  I had an international shipment make it to the country in just a few days but it was 3 weeks later before delivered to the Buyer.  I messaged them when it passed the original date and asked how long it took to get from the port of entry city to their town (3 hours away btw) ... they were really nice to work with, they said oh, that's normal for their postal system (Italy) and they said it should show up in a few weeks ... yes, a few weeks!  I couldn't believe it, the Buyer never processed an INR, had they done so I would have been out the $$ even though the item would have eventually been delivered.

Like I said, as a seller I don't feel that it's fair to ask a buyer to wait nearly a month before they can get their money back when a package is showing no signs of movement.  Estimated delivery dates exist for a reason, and in my own experience with international shipping, I've never had a package take longer than that to reach the buyer.  Obviously it will happen sometimes, but that is a risk one takes when shipping internationally, and every seller needs to assess whether or not it's worth it to them.  There are some countries I don't ship to because I know the postal system there can be terrible, so I have decided that I don't want to risk dealing with it.  That is also why eBay offers the option of the GSP for sellers who would like to sell to international customers but who don't want to deal with the potential hazards of customs and foreign postal systems, and why insurance exists.  Each seller can make the choice that works for them.

Message 64 of 64
latest reply