cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer refunded by EBAY, later received item. Did not pay item nor return item. EBAY on buyers side !

BEWARE SELLERS !!!

This will be the last time selling on ebay.

Ebay sides with buyers and not sellers.

I sent an item to the buyer which was held up and took longer than expected to arrive. Buyer opened a case for refund and was automatically refunded. Item arrived 1 week later with proof of tracking. Contacted buyer which obviously isnt responding since they just got the item for free with the help of ebay. EBAY wont do anything and cant do anything to force buyer to return item or pay for it. So buyer wins. He got the item for FREE and refunded. RIDICULOUS. I have provided ebay with proof it was delivered and responded they cant do anything.

Is it just me or would it be simple for EBAY to ask the buyer to pay since proof was provided that item was delivered and if they dont, just charge the buyer automatically like they did me for the refund ?

I wanted to share my experience with other sellers who might have had something similar happen to them.

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Buyer refunded by EBAY, later received item. Did not pay item nor return item. EBAY on buyers side !

@funbuyscanada wrote:
Yes 50$ is still 50$. Stings but could have been worse. In fact, in reality its 100$ since they refunded from my account plus I lost the item

"In fact"? When "in fact" did you have ownership of both the item and the money?

Here's another fact, you sold the item for $50 but your actually loss is only the value of what you paid for the item (plus shipping) which no doubt was much less than $50.

Message 46 of 64
latest reply

Smh, you are right. My bad, I’m tired lolll
Message 47 of 64
latest reply

" I've found it's extremely rare (talking about purchases in the hundreds here) for a package to actually be lost. In fact I can only remember not receiving 1 or maybe 2 items in the last 5 years buying stuff online, and we're talking about between 500 & 1,000 packages."

Agree.  For me, 1 or 2 lost in the last 12,000 packages or so.  Frustrating when it happens but rare enough not to matter much in the long run.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 48 of 64
latest reply

I have a couple items listed now, nowhere near what I used to have-mostly because I moved and haven't quite settled in. After reading about free returns being required for TRS (the discount I'm guessing) and stories like this regarding free if not delivered "on time"-I think when I try listing/selling a lot again, I will have a much longer handling time but still send it out quick to attempt to stay in the clear!

Message 49 of 64
latest reply

@funbuyscanada wrote:
Ya this was a first for me. Disappointing also knowing that the buyer had 100% feedback of over 645 transactions. Which shocked me. I thought he would have done the right thing.

Much the same that a newbie buyer with 0 feedback isn't always a scammer, a seasoned  645 feedback buyer  isn't always honest.  Its sad that a few always make it harder for the rest. Makes feedback even more worthless.   Sorry this happened to you.  Maybe your buyer will have a change of heart and pay you.  Here's hoping.

Message 50 of 64
latest reply

USPS has a service where you can file online and ask the buyer  post office to withhold delivery and /or return to you,it costs 13.95,domestic shipments only.

so if you see he wins the dispute,consider doing this in the future if it is worth the expense

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 51 of 64
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

@funbuyscanada wrote:
Yes it is ebay themselves who instructed me to ask buyer to pay via paypal. Below is what was stated in their email to me.

Moreover, if the item gets delivered after some time, you can instruct the buyer to either pay for the item directly through PayPal, or refuse the package so it will be returned to you. Even if the case is already closed, you're still welcome to communicate with the buyer via eBay Messaging

Then forget about ebay. If the ebay case is now closed, go straight to Paypal and open a case, and provide proof of delivery.

You should get the funds back in this case.

how does a seller open a case on Paypal????????????????

Message 52 of 64
latest reply

yes,USPS does provide intercept service,cost is 13.95.
either withhold the package or return to sender.
Message 53 of 64
latest reply

@funbuyscanada wrote:
Yes 50$ is still 50$. Stings but could have been worse. In fact, in reality its 100$ since they refunded from my account plus I lost the item

you can only lose one,either the $50 or the item,not both.

it is like you gave away the item free plus shipping

Message 54 of 64
latest reply

@funbuyscanada  This is one of the topics I am passionate about and is a gross injustice.  I would correct one statement in your post, eBay  " ... responded they cant do anything. ..."  No, not "can't", they won't do anything.  There is absolutely NO REASON for eBay not to reverse the $$ that they Refunded the Buyer for the INR Claim ... the facts are simple, Buyer agreed to pay for the item when they purchased it, a delay in shipping has NOTHING to do with that decision.  eBay only allows 3 business days before they award the INR Refund to the Buyer ... certainly not enough time ... they should at a minimum have that set for 30 Days like thier own claim processing window.  That would be no skin off the Buyer's back because, and lets review this again, the Buyer agreed to pay for the item when they purchased it.

If anyone deserves to pay the $$ for an INR it would be the carrier. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 55 of 64
latest reply

Not a chance. After emailing him asking questions, he answered furiously and all defensive and said he was blocking me. Smh
Message 56 of 64
latest reply

True. My bad
Message 57 of 64
latest reply

@tofu107 wrote:

USPS has a service where you can file online and ask the buyer  post office to withhold delivery and /or return to you,it costs 13.95,domestic shipments only.

so if you see he wins the dispute,consider doing this in the future if it is worth the expense

The OP is in Canada so this is of no help to him. Package intercept, cost $13.45, is for domestic USPS shipments and the PO doesn’t have the buyers PO hold the package, USPS intercepts it whenever they can and it is returned to the seller. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 58 of 64
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

eBay only allows 3 business days before they award the INR Refund to the Buyer ... certainly not enough time ... they should at a minimum have that set for 30 Days like thier own claim processing window.

Actually, if you upload tracking that shows recent movement, they will give you a 10-day extension on the INR.  That's why I asked OP whether or not the tracking had shown any movement within that seven days or if there was just radio silence.

Message 59 of 64
latest reply

@yuzuha

@yuzuha wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

eBay only allows 3 business days before they award the INR Refund to the Buyer ... certainly not enough time ... they should at a minimum have that set for 30 Days like thier own claim processing window.

Actually, if you upload tracking that shows recent movement, they will give you a 10-day extension on the INR.  That's why I asked OP whether or not the tracking had shown any movement within that seven days or if there was just radio silence.

As always, thanks for the ... but the 30 day window is better.  I had an international shipment make it to the country in just a few days but it was 3 weeks later before delivered to the Buyer.  I messaged them when it passed the original date and asked how long it took to get from the port of entry city to their town (3 hours away btw) ... they were really nice to work with, they said oh, that's normal for their postal system (Italy) and they said it should show up in a few weeks ... yes, a few weeks!  I couldn't believe it, the Buyer never processed an INR, had they done so I would have been out the $$ even though the item would have eventually been delivered.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 60 of 64
latest reply