cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay does NOT care about sellers!!!

It makes me sick how much time and effort I have wasted here on ebay. I have had several items sold but the buyer never pays. And they have no consequences for it. I can't even leave negative feedback anymore. Ebay cares nothing about sellers on here. So I know they wont miss my absence.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

If you actually open an Unpaid Item Dispute to get your fees back, eBay will add an unpaid strike to that buyer's ID. A LOT of sellers have their blocks set to exclude anyone with 2 UID or more.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Time and effort? You've been a member all of 2 months. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Are you filing unpaid item cases? If not, do so.
You can block buyers with more than two unpaid item strikes.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Use Buy It Now with Immediate Payment.

That way the listing stays up until it is paid for.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@checkem wrote:

It makes me sick how much time and effort I have wasted here on ebay. I have had several items sold but the buyer never pays. And they have no consequences for it. I can't even leave negative feedback anymore. Ebay cares nothing about sellers on here. So I know they wont miss my absence.

unlike a selling account, a buying account is not verified. In fact, you don;t even need an eBay account to buy on eBay.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Everyone suggests that Ebay will give unpaid strikes. BUT this does NOT address the REAL problem of Ebay only allowing positive feedback.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Speak for yourself. She tells me I am her favorite and she loves me long time....  and she told me "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me..... which is nice.

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@oaklandmaryland wrote:
Everyone suggests that Ebay will give unpaid strikes. BUT this does NOT address the REAL problem of Ebay only allowing positive feedback.

What would negative feedback do for you?

You won't know a buyer has any until AFTER they have bought and paid.

Even if you were able to know before they bought what would stop them from simply starting a new user id?

Do you really think that a meaningless red dot on a profile that is anonymous wouldn hgave ANY impact?

Do you really think that buyers that don't pay are so afraid of getting a negative that it would somehow force them to change their behaviour?

Seriously, please tell me how sellers being able to give buyers neagtive feedback would change ANYTHING.

I've been on eBay since 1999, 9 years when sellers could leave negs for buyers, In my own experience there were a lot more non-payers back then than there is today.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

WTH?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Just a suggestion but reading the policies BEFORE you start selling is always a good idea. You could have  files unpaid item cases in these situations and there are consequences for buyers who do not pay.

Most sellers who know what they are doing have their acocunts set up to automatically open an unpaid item case 48 hours after the sale closes. They also have buyers with more than 1 unpaid item case against them blocked from even seeing their listings.

Instead of coming here to whine, come here and ask what to do about the problem. This board is just seller and buyers helping each other out, no one from EBay even reads it.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply