cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opened a case for wrong item received and blamed Fedex tampered and resealed the package.

Being like an ebay seller for years and this is my first time experiencing a case like that. This is what happened, buyer purchased a high value purse from me on 8/10/17, and the item was delivered on 8/16/17 by Fedex. She request for awrong item sent return request on 8/21/17, her message was like this : "The bag I ve received is different than what was purchased, the package seems to be tampered with and resealed, the package was attempted a delivery on 8/15 but not successfully, then it was held at the FedEx facility for a day before the final delivery attempt. Something might have happened during transit. I need to return the item for a full refund. Thanks". She uploaded three photos, first photo with a Fedex label cut in the middle, second photo with a "blue handbag" (which is not the original item) inside the carton box, third photo with a carton box cut opened on the side. I was helpless and uploaded all my pictures of how I packed my purse and the printed receipt I got from Fedex office. I firstly contacted ebay but they wanted me wait for three days before they can step into the case, I also called Fedex claim department for a case opened so they can do investigation. I filed an online police report in the city of the buyer is living. I worry that with all the edvidences and proofs that I uploaded still not get to help me to with the case, please give me some advises, thank you!

Message 1 of 512
latest reply
511 REPLIES 511

Re: Buyer opened a case for wrong item received and blamed Fedex tampered and resealed the package.

@sdh2fbik2o wrote:
Package was delivered to her house on the second attempted!

So we are on the same page.

Does this person actually live in this home or elsewhere?

If she does live there why is she using a fake name?

For a few $$ there are sites you can sign up to which will give you some history on her.

Message 196 of 512
latest reply

Re: Buyer opened a case for wrong item received and blamed Fedex tampered and resealed the package.

@sdh2fbik2o wrote:
No informations can be pulled out for this buyer's name, I don't think it's her real name, only her address is real.

No information from where???   So you don't know for sure it's not her real name?  I think you said you tried her phone number and it wasn't an active line?

Message 197 of 512
latest reply

Excellent Advice. Also call the police! Someone should, or will look into this fraud activity. Just let them know about it! 

Message 198 of 512
latest reply

What state does she live in? In 4 states, there is a free website where you can you type in a persons adress and find out if the name is real or fake.

Message 199 of 512
latest reply

Yep, it is getting to the point where the registered mail becomes absolutely vital to use for higher end items because of the risks with other services. Anything over a few hundred bucks should go out that way. The cost is a bit more expensive but not really that bad for better peace of mind AND they have a priority mail service connected with it and the packages can arrive fairly quickly depending on the zone you are sending them out to.

Message 200 of 512
latest reply

The other thing with using USPS instead of private companies like Fed Ex and UPS is that the buyer could be involved with a case with the US government and if mail fraud happpens there are steep penalties and a federal crime committed. UPS and FED ex not likely to do as much to prevent this.

Message 201 of 512
latest reply

That actually makes some sense. Victim of a crime from FED EX--file a police report.  But who is the victim?They are requiring you to file the police report because I GUESS you are the victim, not the buyer. You bought the insurance, if they do not do something then you need to get on them (fedex).

Message 202 of 512
latest reply

The suspense of this case is really intriquing, it would make a great movie, or board game like clue, who done it? What's their real name ? Do they really live where they say they do? Is the FBI going to crack down on them with helicopters and the swat team?  Does FED EX really care what happened. I'm running outta popcorn, anyone has some extra?

Message 203 of 512
latest reply

@sdh2fbik2o wrote:
but her blue handbag can be purchased from somewhere else, and I can only search her buying history base on her feedback, and she used to purchased a bag but ebay didn't show details.

She purchased another Chanel but it was a pink one. (That seller sold 2 different pink Chanels; one in May and one in June.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 204 of 512
latest reply

Yes, the one in may is from this buyer!
Message 205 of 512
latest reply

I can't pull up anything even if I'm willing to pay!
Message 206 of 512
latest reply

It's a non fixed phone numbers, like google voice or Skype, internet numbers!
Message 207 of 512
latest reply

I did searched the address, a different name pops up!
Message 208 of 512
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

The other thing with using USPS instead of private companies like Fed Ex and UPS is that the buyer could be involved with a case with the US government and if mail fraud happpens there are steep penalties and a federal crime committed. UPS and FED ex not likely to do as much to prevent this.

Mail fraud laws apply to FedEx, UPS and all Interstate delivery services.

Message 209 of 512
latest reply

Disclaimer: I'm still reading so I don't know whether this was addressed and answered.

@sdh2fbik2o wrote:

I had filed a claim thru Fedex and I have all pictures that I how I packed and the pictures that she posted. she said the package got tampered with bit no evidences and I'm sure I got recorded by surveillance camera when I packed and ship at FedEx Kinko. I also filed a police report at the city of where she lives but I think I need to file one from where I live. 

^^^^ That post ( 28 ) was made on August  22.

The following post ( 76) was made August 24 and seems to contradict your earlier post:

@sdh2fbik2o wrote:
I didn't go to kinko to print an label, I printed myself at home. I just dropped my package off there and have FedEx people scaned the package so I can get a printed receipt.

Did you pack at Fedex (as in the Aug. 22 post) or at home as in the Aug. 24 post and just drop it off there?

I have another question. Are the pictures the actual bag? The reason I ask is that it looks like the same bag with the same pictures is for sale on Taobao.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 210 of 512
latest reply