cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opened a case for wrong item received and blamed Fedex tampered and resealed the package.

Being like an ebay seller for years and this is my first time experiencing a case like that. This is what happened, buyer purchased a high value purse from me on 8/10/17, and the item was delivered on 8/16/17 by Fedex. She request for awrong item sent return request on 8/21/17, her message was like this : "The bag I ve received is different than what was purchased, the package seems to be tampered with and resealed, the package was attempted a delivery on 8/15 but not successfully, then it was held at the FedEx facility for a day before the final delivery attempt. Something might have happened during transit. I need to return the item for a full refund. Thanks". She uploaded three photos, first photo with a Fedex label cut in the middle, second photo with a "blue handbag" (which is not the original item) inside the carton box, third photo with a carton box cut opened on the side. I was helpless and uploaded all my pictures of how I packed my purse and the printed receipt I got from Fedex office. I firstly contacted ebay but they wanted me wait for three days before they can step into the case, I also called Fedex claim department for a case opened so they can do investigation. I filed an online police report in the city of the buyer is living. I worry that with all the edvidences and proofs that I uploaded still not get to help me to with the case, please give me some advises, thank you!

Message 1 of 512
latest reply
511 REPLIES 511

Re: Buyer opened a case for wrong item received and blamed Fedex tampered and resealed the package.

So should I let ebay contact the buyer or private message her?

Message 181 of 512
latest reply

Re: Buyer opened a case for wrong item received and blamed Fedex tampered and resealed the package.

Actually I hope the buyer can report to the police station so that I know her real name!
Message 182 of 512
latest reply

Do u have more informations about this case?
Message 183 of 512
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dakotasmoke wrote:
@Anonymous can you get the OP the info for the high value claims dept? I know something like that exists, I had to go through them when I had a bad return for 1500 a few years back

Any case that falls within our High Value thresholds would be routed to the appropriate team trained in handling these types of concerns. While there are some situations where we may take additional steps for high value items and request documentation, there are many times where the process remains the same. 

@sdh2fbik2o If you need to discuss this specifically, you can call in to our customer service center and they will be happy to go over the details with you!

Message 184 of 512
latest reply

I hate to say it, but the seller will lose. Even if it was tampered with by FedEx, eBay says its the sellers job to get the item to the buyer in the condition listed.
Message 185 of 512
latest reply

@mistressmine wrote:
I hate to say it, but the seller will lose. Even if it was tampered with by FedEx, eBay says its the sellers job to get the item to the buyer in the condition listed.

I am wondering now in my own case that I may now send everything registered mail.

Only one or two people can get their hands on it and they have to sign off on it every step of the way.

So if it is tampered with by the carrier, you know who to point the finger at.

Message 186 of 512
latest reply

I called in everyday and did not get an answer. Your eBay teammate would not request the scammer buyer to provide a police report nor more edvidences. only three pictures and eBay choose to believe her words. My concern is, if she is a victim, then what's the problem of filing a police report?
Message 187 of 512
latest reply

@sdh2fbik2o wrote:
Actually I hope the buyer can report to the police station so that I know her real name!

I believe you said her phone number was non-exitant.   Are you also saying her name is incorrect?   If so, how do you know.   And the address was a home?    Does the "team" know this info???   I would think that alone would be grounds for denying the claim.  

Message 188 of 512
latest reply

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/identity-false.html

Ebay members using fake names, addresses, telephone numbers can get you suspended.

So if hers are fake, she should be NARU'd and no longer have any protection under ebay..

Message 189 of 512
latest reply

I have reported to false and missing contact information team.
Message 190 of 512
latest reply

No informations can be pulled out for this buyer's name, I don't think it's her real name, only her address is real.
Message 191 of 512
latest reply

@sdh2fbik2o wrote:
No informations can be pulled out for this buyer's name, I don't think it's her real name, only her address is real.

It may be a real address, but are you cetain it is her address?

And if the name does not match the address why didn't the carrier pick up on it?

Message 192 of 512
latest reply

That's uncertain, people always can buy things from eBay and ship to other addresses.
Message 193 of 512
latest reply

@sdh2fbik2o wrote:
That's uncertain, people always can buy things from eBay and ship to other addresses.

The name and address and phone number and email address on your account need to match.

And you do know if she forwards it to a different address than what she has on her paypal account, then she automatically forfeits her buyer protection.

Message 194 of 512
latest reply

Package was delivered to her house on the second attempted!
Message 195 of 512
latest reply