cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer left negative feedback for cancelled transaction

So I "sold" an item (a coat) that I had listed probably 10 times. Seriously wanted to get rid of it. But I had listed it...and listed...and listed it...and listed it, and for some reason I can't find it anymore. I don't know if I donated it or if I misplaced it or what. 

Well guess what? The buyer left negative feedback. I can't give them the item I no longer have. Do I have any recourse regarding their negative feedback? My selling feedback was impecable and now this. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132494407394?ViewItem=&item=132494407394

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Has anyone mentioned asking the buyer for feedback revision? Tell them how the negative affects you financially as well as emotionally and maybe they will have mercy. It's in the Feedback Forum, send them a link for revision. Been there, done that...
Message 61 of 70
latest reply

Yeah I'm not sure how the seller making it more about them is going to help.

IF I was going to try for a feedback revision I would focus more on telling the buyer that I was really sorry that I disappointed them, showing empathy and explaining the steps I'm going to take to stop the issue from happening again.

Then it sounds like the seller is sorry and has learned from the experience, not that the seller is trying to point fingers and guilt the buyer into removing something that was deserved.

At this point though I'd let it go and move on.

Message 62 of 70
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tableclothwrote:

Yeah I'm not sure how the seller making it more about them is going to help.

IF I was going to try for a feedback revision I would focus more on telling the buyer that I was really sorry that I disappointed them, showing empathy and explaining the steps I'm going to take to stop the issue from happening again.

Then it sounds like the seller is sorry and has learned from the experience, not that the seller is trying to point fingers and guilt the buyer into removing something that was deserved.

At this point though I'd let it go and move on.

Absolutely the better way to go.

Message 63 of 70
latest reply

Well, I am going to turn a thread that is about a seller getting a deserved neg, and focusing on that and not realizing the defect is a worse issue and throw it into the feedback issue we are always talking about. I realize feedback is useless and I don't really care one way or the other for myself, but I have to say that the OP is a bit hung up on his feedback and I find this IRONIC! Smiley Very Happy

954 Feedback received
174 Feedback left

Tiptoeing through the tulips can end in stepping on a cow patty 😉
Message 64 of 70
latest reply

@callahanmagicwrote:

c) Message to same buyer yesterday ...:

Feb 19, 2018

Dear Mr. ….,
While re-organizing the monthly inventory - I stumbled on the size XX that you've purchased early January.

However, due to my inability to locate it - you've graciously agreed to have the transaction cancelled + again generously left me a positive feedback!

I am sending you this XX at no cost to you. Hopefully, you'll still find some use for it, if the project permits, if not, you can always save it for a rainy day.

Sincerely yours,

I would have left that entire second paragraph out .  Many feel that FB should never be mentioned in communications.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 65 of 70
latest reply

I fail to see why it's a big deal that the buyer left negative feedback when they had a negative experience.
Message 66 of 70
latest reply

So let me get this straight, you listed an item then proceeded to lose that item. Not only that but you are upset that the buyer is upset? He has every right to be upset. You failed to do your part as a seller and wasted the buyers time.
Message 67 of 70
latest reply

Actually your history of mean responses to negatives you received hurts you more than the actual red donut.
Message 68 of 70
latest reply

@chrysylyswrote:

@callahanmagicwrote:

c) Message to same buyer yesterday ...:

Feb 19, 2018

Dear Mr. ….,
While re-organizing the monthly inventory - I stumbled on the size XX that you've purchased early January.

However, due to my inability to locate it - you've graciously agreed to have the transaction cancelled + again generously left me a positive feedback!

I am sending you this XX at no cost to you. Hopefully, you'll still find some use for it, if the project permits, if not, you can always save it for a rainy day.

Sincerely yours,

I would have left that entire second paragraph out .  Many feel that FB should never be mentioned in communications.

I agree. I never mention feedback when writing to a buyer, nor do I comment on it when it's mentioned.

We need to take the emphasis off of feedback and focus on good customer service.

Cheers, C.

Message 69 of 70
latest reply

The unsold list can be very dangerous.   You have to be careful with that thing.    Best regards

Message 70 of 70
latest reply