cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer left negative feedback for cancelled transaction

So I "sold" an item (a coat) that I had listed probably 10 times. Seriously wanted to get rid of it. But I had listed it...and listed...and listed it...and listed it, and for some reason I can't find it anymore. I don't know if I donated it or if I misplaced it or what. 

Well guess what? The buyer left negative feedback. I can't give them the item I no longer have. Do I have any recourse regarding their negative feedback? My selling feedback was impecable and now this. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132494407394?ViewItem=&item=132494407394

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Non Paying Bidder? 

I have filed...some times. Other times they threaten me with negative if I don't cancel the transaction. 

Message 46 of 70
latest reply

If you file the NPB and you WIN the case, they can't leave feedback and, if they do, it can be deleted. You can also set your seller preferences to block from bidding/buying anyone with 2 or more infractions against their account.

Message 47 of 70
latest reply

your selling feedback was impeccable? 

You have 5 negatives and a neutral. 

You left this reply to a bad feeback. 

Reply by saintpaulgolf (Feb-28-02 13:24):

Do i have to hold his hand through the shipment? What a child!

You left this feedback after receiving 3 prior.

Reply by saintpaulgolf (Jan-19-12 13:44):

Unwarranted negative. Buyer promt refund. 10y seller with 0 selling negatives

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 48 of 70
latest reply

@saintpaulgolfwrote:

I lost the item and/or my spouse got rid of it. That is different than CANCELLING a transaction when I still have the item (because I didn't like that I sold it for less than I wanted or something along those lines). 

I have NEVER cancelled a transaction after I sold an item because I was not happy about how little I sold the item for. 

Blame the spouse, blame the buyer, blame anyone but the person who listed the item for sale and couldn't actually send the item out.

Offering the buyer $10 to make up for your mistake... I think eBay should ban sellers who do this. 

Message 49 of 70
latest reply

I don't have the coat. How in the world else can I help the person for their trouble? 

If you order something at a restaurant and there is a hair in it, or you get the wrong order, do they try to rectify the situation? Do you consider that criminal as well?????? Crazy talk. 

The fact that you think this is banworthy is par for the course for many here. 

Message 50 of 70
latest reply

As a buyer, the seller taking full responsibility for the screw up without trying to excuse it would make me ignore the negative. A future buyer would see the seller made a mistake and fessed up. Which is why only the first half of the feedback was needed. Sweet, to the point and pleading guilty as charged. For a buyer it means this was a one time thing so there was no need to boast about your past feedback.

Also you are taking this too personally. Most of us here are sellers, but that does not mean we will excuse fellow sellers when they mess up. No one is being mean by saying you deserved the negative. If it happened to me and I got a negative, I would accept it and be angry with myself for messing up. Other than the buyer revising the feedback, this is exactly what negative feedback was meant to be; your buyer had a very negative experience, so he left negative feedback.

Everyone who gets the first negative feels like it is the end of the world but life goes on. It will pass and your selling will not be affected by it. Just do not make it a habit. Another feedback saying you canceled and then it becomes damaging. 

Message 51 of 70
latest reply

this is her 5th negative.....

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 52 of 70
latest reply

@slati_2013wrote:

Everyone who gets the first negative feels like it is the end of the world but life goes on. It will pass and your selling will not be affected by it. Just do not make it a habit. Another feedback saying you canceled and then it becomes damaging. 

Its not their first negative tho

Message 53 of 70
latest reply

@slati_2013wrote:

So, this would be the fifth "end of the world" feeling for the OP?

Message 54 of 70
latest reply

Buyers waste sellers time

Sellers waste buyers time

Neither is more culpable then the other.

I saw that...

~KARMA
Message 55 of 70
latest reply

So you kept relisting the thing without having it and you wonder why your buyer is mad? Derr.
The neg is deserved.
Message 56 of 70
latest reply

Haha. I had not read the rest of the thread before I replied the OP. After reading the entire thread, the OP should have quietly accepted her negative instead of making a big deal of it.

OP, this is not trolling. I don't think you understand the word "trolling". You have simply been told the truth and have been called out. You brought all this on yourself. Let it go. Move on. 

Message 57 of 70
latest reply

Sorry there is no recourse for this.  The only thing you can do is do all you can so you don't have  a repeat of this situation.

I know a neg hurts but you advertised something that someone bought, then you didn't have it.  They are going to be upset and possibly take it out on feedback, and they have a right to be upset.  

The fact that you can't find it anywhere and can't send them an item you don't have, sadly, has no bearing on the neg that you received.

Again, sorry.

Message 58 of 70
latest reply

@saintpaulgolfwrote:

They never gave me an oppurtunity to do anything. There wasn't much I could do (I don't think) but I would have given him $10.00 for his trouble. 

And the buyer may have felt they were being bribed and reported you.

With all due respect, they gave you the opportunity to do something when they bought the item. 

Message 59 of 70
latest reply

You have 99.5% positive feedback.  Forget about that negative and move on.

I wouldn't offer to send 1 cent for a feedback revision or to make up for the error. 

I wouldn't have responded to the negative.

The negative feedback doesn't matter.  The cancellation does.

Message 60 of 70
latest reply