cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer left a glowingly positive neutral feedback. Should I bother trying to get it revised/removed?

Had a newbie eBay buyer with 0 feedback left me a neutral with a glowingly positive feedback comment. neutral.jpg

I know, it's just a neutral and it doesn't affect my percentage and no longer counts against me. But still, it still kind of hurts.

Should I try to get it revised/removed? eBay probably won't remove it, so I'm probably stuck to contacting the buyer and pleading for a revision (which I hate doing). Do you guys have any tips of what I should write to this buyer?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Buyer left a glowingly positive neutral feedback. Should I bother trying to get it revised/re...

It's doubtful that eBay would remove it since it isn't a negative.  Buyer may be new and not exactly understand the rating system.  Personally, I would leave it alone sice it does not affect your percentage.  It is, of course, entirely up to you.  

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: Buyer left a glowingly positive neutral feedback. Should I bother trying to get it revised/re...

if it was me I would leave them good feedback and send them a nice message asking for a retraction or an additonal comment that it was left in error.

the buyer has done there job in paying.is there a reason you did not leave them feedback when  they paid

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Leave it, and the buyer, alone.  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Let it go. There are way worse things that can happen to you that you can focus your energies on.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

If you contact BUYER they may change it and give you NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.   Be happy that the comments were positive.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@caldreamer wrote:

If you contact BUYER they may change it and give you NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.   Be happy that the comments were positive.

@caldreamer 

Doesn't work that way

You can NOT revise downwards, only upwards

Negative can be revised to Neutral or Positive

Neutral can be revised to Positive

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

At least contact seller and ask if they meant to leave neutral that you are use to getting positive and let them know how important feedback is to you a serious seller. It might have been accidentally. You might want to mention that neutral is like negative to a lot of people and buyers may not read the positive feedback only look at rating with neutral. It can encourage them in future to slowdown and show care. They may really be new and had no idea. Some people refuse to leave positive anything if given option of neutral if this is case you have educated them. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@romanmaldonado 

This thread is over 3 years old and most likely will be closed &I doubt many here won't reply. Should you have any concerns or issues it's a good idea to start your own thread to get the help & advice you need for your specific situation.  

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I would not ask to get it removed, no one reads positive feedback, buyers only read neg and neut feedback, what you have is a a glowing buyer endorsement that other buyers will actually read.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply