cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer keeps the earrings sold for 1200$ and gets fully refunded-SOLUTION needed HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

everyone, today I faced something very uncomfortable. 

I am a private hobby seller located in Germany, on Nov. 9th I sold two pairs of very nice antique diamond earrings ( whole sale ) to Ebayer  for 1200$. I packed the parcel well and shipped through DHL express so the buyer received the parcel in3-4 days but she wrote immediately that all edges of the diamonds are damaged,  if I gave 250$ partial refund she will keeps the item, of course that is a lie and I was feeling very uncomfortable with that. I told her to ship the earrings simply back to me and I will also cover the return shipping fee and gave return guide in detail. I am in Germany, it is not that easy for me to organise a label with pick-up appointment , custom declaration signature etc. As far as I know ebay offers two options for return request, provide label or transfer the shipping fee for label to buyer ( if I can not purchase a label by myself ) both are possible. 

The buyer opened a return request, I agreed but she never reply to my message with my return guide or cooperate with me to ship the item back , several days later  she opened the case to Ebay and today Ebay decided on the buyer's side , she keeps the earrings for 1200$ and get 1200$ refunded, I lose the earrings and the money.

I contacted Ebay, Ebay customer service replied that an open communication will help... I should supply the buyer a label ... but an open communication does not help if the other person keep silence and aims to keep the item and the money. And it also does not help , when Ebay has the second option in the policy but I don't understand why ebay ignore that. 

It is terrible , I did not see any fairness and justice in this process and I don't believe this happens nowadays , I am on Ebay also for very long time ,buy my favourites, sell what I do not need , actually most time quite happy and easy except the high selling fee year by year. 

I have several ideas in the head, maybe someone from you can also help me or give me some advices about his case what I am facing now if you have time to read my text till now. 

1) contact police in NJ ?

2)contact lawyer in US ?

3) Anyone( but who )? Courier service ( but which ) who can pick up the earrings by the Buyer's address then pack that and ship that to me ? ( I am in the opinion the buyer will not be cooperative , I am worried she will not be cooperative with the pick up appointment or even worth ) 

Thank you for read such a long essay and if possible with some advices or help will be much appreciated . I am still positive because I did not do anything wrong through Ebay does not stand on my side. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Panklind

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Buyer keeps the earrings sold for 1200$ and gets fully refunded-SOLUTION needed HELP

I got the name. It is a shame. 

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyway I hop the buyer G. can return the earrings back to me if she is reading this discussion. 

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

Sure is, shes done this before.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 33 of 35
latest reply

THANK YOU for reporting another case of BUYER FRAUD on this discussion board - My guess is we see about 1% of the complaints here - Likely less - If EVERY seller who is a VICTIM of buyer fraud was to come here and post about it, the board servers would likely crash and everyone here who thinks its an irritation rather than a major problem would have a more appropriate opinion of the site...

I have no solution other than filing police and postal service fraud reports and hope they can be used to you advantage in your attempts at being made whole - Thank You again and best of luck to you.

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Message 35 of 35
latest reply