cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer keeps the earrings sold for 1200$ and gets fully refunded-SOLUTION needed HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

everyone, today I faced something very uncomfortable. 

I am a private hobby seller located in Germany, on Nov. 9th I sold two pairs of very nice antique diamond earrings ( whole sale ) to Ebayer  for 1200$. I packed the parcel well and shipped through DHL express so the buyer received the parcel in3-4 days but she wrote immediately that all edges of the diamonds are damaged,  if I gave 250$ partial refund she will keeps the item, of course that is a lie and I was feeling very uncomfortable with that. I told her to ship the earrings simply back to me and I will also cover the return shipping fee and gave return guide in detail. I am in Germany, it is not that easy for me to organise a label with pick-up appointment , custom declaration signature etc. As far as I know ebay offers two options for return request, provide label or transfer the shipping fee for label to buyer ( if I can not purchase a label by myself ) both are possible. 

The buyer opened a return request, I agreed but she never reply to my message with my return guide or cooperate with me to ship the item back , several days later  she opened the case to Ebay and today Ebay decided on the buyer's side , she keeps the earrings for 1200$ and get 1200$ refunded, I lose the earrings and the money.

I contacted Ebay, Ebay customer service replied that an open communication will help... I should supply the buyer a label ... but an open communication does not help if the other person keep silence and aims to keep the item and the money. And it also does not help , when Ebay has the second option in the policy but I don't understand why ebay ignore that. 

It is terrible , I did not see any fairness and justice in this process and I don't believe this happens nowadays , I am on Ebay also for very long time ,buy my favourites, sell what I do not need , actually most time quite happy and easy except the high selling fee year by year. 

I have several ideas in the head, maybe someone from you can also help me or give me some advices about his case what I am facing now if you have time to read my text till now. 

1) contact police in NJ ?

2)contact lawyer in US ?

3) Anyone( but who )? Courier service ( but which ) who can pick up the earrings by the Buyer's address then pack that and ship that to me ? ( I am in the opinion the buyer will not be cooperative , I am worried she will not be cooperative with the pick up appointment or even worth ) 

Thank you for read such a long essay and if possible with some advices or help will be much appreciated . I am still positive because I did not do anything wrong through Ebay does not stand on my side. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Panklind

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Buyer keeps the earrings sold for 1200$ and gets fully refunded-SOLUTION needed HELP

@Anonymous wrote:

My request now is actually how to get my earrings back : ) 

Any ideas, please  ? 

You don't.

You open an appeal with eBay to challenge their decision.

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

My request now is actually how to get my earrings back : ) 

Any ideas, please  ? 

Unfortunately, that won't happen unless you can get the buyer to respond to you and be willing to send them back. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

"You open an appeal with eBay to challenge their decision."

Op can only appeal the case if he has new information, otherwise, Ebay will not alllow the appeal.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 18 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I understand, now I think I should better contact the police there and maybe a lawyer . I think it can not help me to get my earrings back ,but isn't it illegal that she keeps the earrings and the money both even though ebay allows her to do it ? 

Terrible , I guess I will stop international selling though I have never got this type of buyer before, which, I totally can not understand the behaviour .

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, I guess by ebay is no chance , I am trying with lawyer and police. 

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

Good luck, let us know.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 21 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know what is now the funny thing , I just check my account, the earrings is 1200$ , after selling fee etc. was 889euro  transferred to my bank, now ebay tried to transferred 1114euro ( 1200$ full ) from my account , that means due to this sell, I lose the earrings (1200$ ) and I also need to pay additional 200€ extra ? And in the beginning in order to let the buyer receive the earrings earlier I paid extra 50$ for an express. 

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I asked buyer for providing PayPal address to transfer the shipping fee, she does not reply . 

Did you do it through the INAD case or just by sending the buyer a message?

Have a great day
Message 23 of 35
latest reply

Easy to create a label on usps.com and send the pdf to the buyer.  

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just by sending the buyer a message, ebay customer service also write twice to buyer on my behalf . There is no formula in the INAD case for writing after I accept return immediately , it seems that function was closed .

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know what is now the funny thing , I just check my account, the earrings is 1200$ , after selling fee etc. was 889euro  transferred to my bank, now ebay tried to transferred 1114euro ( 1200$ full ) from my account , that means due to this sell, I lose the earrings (1200$ ) and I also need to pay additional 200€ extra ? And in the beginning in order to let the buyer receive the earrings earlier I paid extra 50$ for an express. 

When Ebay gets involved, they keep their fee's, so it cost you extra.

Have a great day
Message 26 of 35
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

That is because you lost the case.  Once eBay steps in and makes a decision, if that decision goes against the seller eBay keeps their fees.  

As for getting a lawyer, you are wasting your time.  No lawyer is going to take on a case like this.  Their fee alone will dwarf the $1200 you are wanting.  In the US, we have small claims courts for this sort of thing.  No lawyers are allowed and you must present your case in person.  That means you will have to fly to New Jersey and plead your case in front of a judge.

The bottom line is that you messed up by not handling the case correctly, or even the return request correctly.  Unfortunately, fair or not you are going to have to pay the price for that error, as high as that price is.  

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

AHA, this Ebayer again, I checked my ebay message, she did the same thing to me, I refunded her 80$ or 100$ , she was happy and closed the INAD case. 

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

Did you see his buyers id before it was removed?

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have just read something similars. 

I have simply not imagined buyer will behave like this . Now I know. 

However I will not give up , will try to see what I can do , if not, I can only hope the buyer to be lucky with my earrings.  

Message 30 of 35
latest reply