cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer got item,sold it,and asks return???where is Ebay??

Sold 2 items,buyer got them.

Sold the one with his user id,i have item id and prooves its the same...

And now he has on active listing the other to sell it...

He opened return request claim damaged...

Phone called ebay,they told me accept return and when you get delivery appeal...

What???are we serius??What he is gonna to return??

The item he sold to someone else??

Please help me,if there is any policy to covers me....

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Buyer got item,sold it,and asks return???where is Ebay??

@pucetinowsed wrote:

Sold 2 items,buyer got them.

Sold the one with his user id,i have item id and prooves its the same...

And now he has on active listing the other to sell it...

He opened return request claim damaged...

Phone called ebay,they told me accept return and when you get delivery appeal...

What???are we serius??What he is gonna to return??

The item he sold to someone else??

Please help me,if there is any policy to covers me....

Sounds like your buyer's buyer isn't happy.

@Anonymous  can you possibly help this poster? If he can prove what he is saying this shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

I think CS told you correctly?  There is no way to know until you go through the entire process and get the item back, and then you can follow the directions eBay gave you.

Chances are they will return the second one (not the one they sold) and hopefully it will not be damaged and that they just do not want it any longer.

Once you approve the return, buyers have 5 business days or 7 days total to show an acceptance scan for the return shipping label.  If that time passes you can call and have the return closed out.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Sir i have proof photos,and also messages from buyer what the item has,he put them on his sold descreption...He sold the same item,there is no way to send a double one...If accept return do i have any chanses to tell ebay that i didnt got my item because i told them he had sold it?

Do i have any chances then??What ebay gonna pay me back?No way...

They are not covering me now,which the clues are clearly a fraud against me...

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

You mentioned they bought two of the same item.  I am not sure how you would be able to tell which one is being reported as damaged?

They sold one item and have the second one for sale right now.  It very well might be that they just want to return the second one and using the reason as damaged to get out of paying return shipping?

When buyers open return request you have to resolve the request which means agreeing to the return and see what you get back.  I realize this is not what you want to hear but that is the path sellers have to take.  Once you get the item back if there is an issue you can report the return and then eBay will give you some directions on what to do next.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Some buyers will request a return as they are fishing for a partial refund or a full refund without the return of the item. You will have to accept the return, you CANNOT win a SNAD return request/case BEFORE the item is returned. There can be a couple different outcomes here, either 1) he will not ship anything back within the required timeframe in which the following day you call and have the case closed in your favor, 2) he will ship you back your item somehow, maybe whom he sold it to isn't happy etc.. 3) he will send you an empty box. But as others have pointed out there is a process to this and has to be done this way.

Depending upon what this buyer does as to how you handle and respond to this situation. Should he fail to return the item then you don't need to do nothing other then add them to your Blocked Buyer List. Should he return your item back to you and there is nothing damaged/wrong with it make sure to report the buyer for abusing EBay's MBG and appeal to Ebay to get your return shipping costs possibly refunded. Also provide the proof they sold the item as that is guaranteed proof they violated the MBG.

Now should they send you back something completely different, incorrect item, empty box, etc.. you'll want to report them to Ebay for abusing the MBG, file a mail fraud report against them as well as an internet crime report. Should the value of this item be over a certain amount, say $100 or more I would also file a police report. Take those reports and appeal to Ebay proving the proof that he sold the item and you should get a courtesy refund.
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

2 complete different items bought,one sold and the other is active,and return case against me.

I have all the proofs he sold the one item and try selling the other...

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

@pucetinowsed wrote:

2 complete different items bought,one sold and the other is active,and return case against me.

I understand you have the proofs but that means nothing until you go through the process.  If you get something back that seems like a fraud attempt you can then report the return and follow the directions eBay gives you which hopefully will involve showing your proofs.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

The value is 300$ for both.

The problem is we are in different European countries...

Buyer doesnt know,that i know that he sold the one and the other is on sale.

Only ebay knows that from my phone call.

What do you suggest?

1)Tell him before I accept return?

2)Tell him after I accept return?

3)Tell him after I accept return,and after he ships back?

4)Go and buy the item from him while auction ending?

4)Never tell him,only in ebay let know

What is the best i can do to get less harm from this???

I know with the clues i have,if we were in same country no judge let him go...

I thought ebay was a fair judge with all clues...

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Hi, there are no eBay rules governing buyers selling items they bought off eBay. That is not a violation of any policy. Your buyer is free to do whatever he wants with the items he bought from you.

It sounds to me like he thought he could make a quick buck re-selling the two items he purchased from you. He sold one, and the other one is not selling as quickly, so he opened a case to return the one he has left. It is likely he said there is damage to avoid paying return shipping and to insure he receives a full refund. And since he is claiming damage, you must pay return shipping and essentially cannot deny the return. Once the item is returned and you can review its condition, then you can appeal eBay's decision, using your proof that he is misusing the Money Back Guarantee and is defrauding you.

@pucetinowsed wrote:

"...What do you suggest?

1)Tell him before I accept return?

2)Tell him after I accept return?

3)Tell him after I accept return,and after he ships back?

4)Go and buy the item from him while auction ending?

4)Never tell him,only in ebay let know

What is the best i can do to get less harm from this???..."

I would not tip your hand yet about knowing he is trying to resell your item while claiming it's damaged and needs a return. I would wait until after the item is returned. Then you can appeal and supply your proof to eBay. 

As for item #4, why on earth would you want to buy back your own item?

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Maybe it will sell before he can send it back

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

I've had a similar situation.  It was a long time ago, but like you I could prove that the buyer had attempted to sell the item on Ebay.  Ebay closed their claim for me and ruled in my favor.  That is a short version of what happened, but unless Ebay's position on this has changed, this isn't allowed.

tyler@ebay 

@Anonymous 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

There is no policy against re-selling an item.

However, selling it and shipping it back and forth invalidates his Buyer Protection. If he returns it to you now, you can report him for abuse once he sends it back.

You’ll have to follow the process, unless Tritons or Brian advise you differently. Several posters have paged them for you.

I suspect, though, you’ll have to accept the return and then argue with EBay for a courtesy refund. You have no way to prove the item they sold is the same one you sold to them.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

I had a similar situation last month.  You can see the details of it Here see message 1 and 6.
Yes, you'll have to follow through the process like others said. For me, it took the buyer admitting in writing he had resold the item. 
Then hope the buyer doesn't file through his credit card. So far, mine has not. 
Good Luck.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@pucetinowsed wrote:

I understand you have the proofs but that means nothing until you go through the process.  If you get something back that seems like a fraud attempt you can then report the return and follow the directions eBay gives you which hopefully will involve showing your proofs.

Good Luck Selling!

Problem I see is if it was a multi quantity listing and the buyer bought two - he has to return two to get his refund - which he can't do as he's already sold one. The seller has to refund in full when he gets the one item back and then fight with Ebay to try and be compensated for the item that wasn't returned.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply