cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer filed INR. Tracking shows item late because item was forwarded.

Hi. I'd  really appreciate some advice.  On sent 2-1 I  I sent some relatively expensive 14k gold earrings to a buyer that had 0 feedback/ buyer info (other than she had a account with eBay for several years).  I thought it odd, but sent the item anyway, hoping maybe she was just checking out as a guest or something. After shipping item promptly, tracking showed that package arrived the next day in her city/state.  Two days later tracking showed it was being "Forwarded". I was concerned, especially since I used a printed label through eBay. I opened a package research case with USPS and their agent told me that it was being forwarded because of an incorrect address/forwarding request. The tracking shows many updates but  the last tracking  says it was forwarded again on 2-10, then says "package research closed" on 2-11. There hasn't been any more updates since and now (February 19), she has opened an INR case. I did reach out to her very nicely around 2-5  saying that because it was being forwarded (because of the address),  it would be late.  I never heard from her at all. The only thing she said in her INR message was "I want my refund".

Do you think this is a scam  , knowing the item will be late in the hopes of  getting both a refund from eBay, and to keep my item once it's delivered? 

I  uploaded the tracking number again through the case dispute  ( It was uploaded when I prepaid for the label),  And explained the scenario/gave tracking updates to eBay in my message . I also asked if they would give a 10 day extension before refunding her and consider in my favour since tracking shows it's being forwarded.  Do you think eBay will side with me? Is their anything else I should do? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Buyer filed INR. Tracking shows item late because item was forwarded.

Thanks for that. I live in a small town, so my PO may or may not have it.   I've actually always waited in line to have scanned because I only ship a couple days a week and it gives me peace of mind. I've read where seller's don't get their items scanned for days or longer after just dropping them off at PO. Mainly what i was referring to earlier was that after the initial scan, many PO distribution centers etc. skip on scanning and even though often times the package was sent to it's next destination, the eBay tracking (that both seller/buyer see on the eBay sold page) may not show it, worrying buyers wondering if their package is lost. Many eBay scammers know how to take advantage of this because if the package doesn't show "movement", and it's past eBay estimate arrival date, the buyer can put in an INR case, automatically get refunded by eBay and then after that refund, get to keep the item whenever it arrives after that. Heck, I've got some past sold items showing item was never even delivered even when it was. A decent buyer knows to be patient and not take advantage of USPS' often slower delivery (especially now that they're using trucks  instead of planes) and will wait for the item, but unfortunately not everyone is good. Maybe you already know this, but I just found all of this out and thought I'd pass it on. 

Message 31 of 31
latest reply