cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do these people think they are??

Went to revise a listing of mine...an item that has been slow to catch views and watchers, which has been up and running for a while now.

Added a second category, lowered the price......to the tune of a charge of $1.85.

Golly eBay, why not just take 18.50? 

Who do thee people think they are?  What is THAT????

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

?

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

There is a charge to add a 2nd category.  Is that what the charge is you are unhappy about?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Your explanation is not particularly helpful, but one thing I can tell you is: if you add a second category, you will be charged a listing fee for that category. 

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

When you added the second category, the option displayed the additional cost before you updated the revision?

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Well the truth is they are eBay;

Not eBay's fault you do not know the cost to do things.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/frais-pour-les-vendeurs-particuliers?id=4822 

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Is this for the Auger bit? Normally it would have cost .35 for listing in a second category but it looks like you have the brand as a subtitle? That will cost $1.50 each time.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Who do these people think they are??    Isn't that by the Spice Girls??  

iu.jpeg

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

How do they get to $1.85?   Did you use a subtitle in both listings?   

I sometimes list in 2 categories but I only saw a simple additional 25 cent fee.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Is this for the Auger bit? Normally it would have cost .35 for listing in a second category but it looks like you have the brand as a subtitle? That will cost $1.50 each time.

@pjcdn2005 

Good catch... Category + Subtitle. Would that not have shown (the hot 'fees' button) before the OP pressed 'List'?

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Yes it should have shown the fees at the bottom.  I admit that I don't always look at that either although if I was enter charged extra, I'm sure that I would make sure I started looking each time!

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

How do they get to $1.85?   Did you use a subtitle in both listings?   

I sometimes list in 2 categories but I only saw a simple additional 25 cent fee.

Category 0.35 + Subtitle $1.50

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

I believe the question was what is the justification for that extra

And the truth is there's no justification for that — because what is searched is searched only once despite being in several categories. If you set a search in "all depts" for an item listed in multiple categories does it stand out more clearly than if you narrow your search in one category? No. The reasons by which an item is more relevant and shows up first are proximity, etc and the way you type it.

afaik

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

It is the cost of doing business here. And you are made aware of it prior to listing. 

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

I hate it when I decide to get a second burrito with extra guac and Chipotle charges me the cost of the burrito + extra for the guac. Who do they think they are?

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 15 of 27
latest reply