cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer doesn’t need to show proof?

I sold a brand new phone after 2 weeks. Had a protective case on it the whole time, no scratches. Even my selling pictures showed this.

Close to a month after selling it the buyer says it’s got scratches and opens a case about.

He gets his money back, doesn’t have to show proof of any scratches even though I have proof it didn’t have scratches.

No more selling on EBay for me. It’s turned into a scammers playground.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Buyer doesn’t need to show proof?

Did you refuse the original request and let the case be handled by eBay?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

It looks as though PayPal refunded him already even though the notice from eBay said not to pay until you receive the product back.

Same company, two different sides of the fence'

They are not the same company, although they do have some magic connections.

What they do is to put a hold on the money when  the case is filed.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

This ONLY applies if you selected Return the item for a refund.  If you choose anything else you'll be out of luck.

If you don't get your phone back, file a fraud report with ic3.gov and a theft report with your local police to be forwarded to the scammer's local PD.  (This make take some work, some PDs don't want to spend time on this).  If you get back anything other than your phone, file a mail fraud report with the post office.

Take these reports and the phone information to the carrier and try to get the phone disabled.  You may or may not be successful, but if you are, at least the scammer doesn't have a working phone.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

I understand that but if it has scratches when I get it back I will contact EBay.

i only used the phone a couple weeks and then bought another one that I had originally wanted because it went on sale.

i used a protective case on the phone the whole time. I have pictures where you can clearly see there were no scratches. 

The phone sat in the original box once I got the other phone, untouched and I know like you said none of this really matters but it sure felt good to explain it to you guys. 😁😄

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Plus the guy got it for $200.00 cheaper than what I payed for it brand new and yes I did list it as used because I am one of the few honest sellers. Now I can see where honesty gets ya on eBay.
Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Oh. Okay. Thanks for the explanation.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

I understand that but if it has scratches when I get it back I will contact EBay.

The 2nd thing to understand is that any scratches you find won't be of any interest to ebay.  None.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

With a Not As Described case, you are allowed to demand the return of the item before refunding.

You do have to pay for return shipping.

Did you get the phone back before refunding?

Sell the phone again, describing the (new) scratches.

No Returns does not mean No Refunds.

i only used the phone a couple weeks and then bought another one

But the phone was sold as used? The buyer was probably being overly picky.

i used a protective case on the phone the whole time.

Putting those cases on and removing them can scratch a phone.

The ones I buy are for waterproofing and for protection against dropping the phone, not cosmetics.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply