cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer False Claim item not as described. ( contacted Live Assistant. )

Hello fellow ebayers.
I am here to document what is going on at the moment of a False claim of a "Not As Described". Me being the seller.

So the buyer purchased a 95$+shipping O2 Sensor with the Gauge ( it helps with tuning a performance vehicle )Normally over $165) . The Gauge is also known as a Controller. I don't know why, but it is. The big WideBand o2 sensor companies call it that such as AEM . I can prove that as well and have the proof documented to the buyer in a message along with picture proof from that companies website.

Anyways.. the buyer receives the item and opens up a Not As Described case when in fact the listing is PRECISELY as described. I have it listed as Returns Not Accepted . 
Ebay chat told me by 8.27-2020 ( today is 8-23-2020 ) in 4 days if the buyer does not respond, they will close the case in my,the sellers, favor. Since the buyer isn't responding.
Let's hope for the best. Because this is truly a false claim. The item is what the seller purchased and read in the description.

I will bookmark this page and update as things go.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Buyer False Claim item not as described. ( contacted Live Assistant. )

@alseyf-73 wrote:

eBay Money Back Guarantee requires sellers to respond within 3 business days when buyers request to return items that don’t match listing descriptions. When you do not respond, we may refund the buyer and seek reimbursement from you without requiring the buyer to ship the item back. Starting June 1, 2020, we may decide these cases after the 3 business days elapse without requiring the buyer to contact eBay.

That is a very important addition, @alseyf-73!  

@untamed_performance, you should take @alseyf-73’s advice regarding the return as, per the statement above, “When you do not respond, [eBay] may refund the buyer and seek reimbursement from you without requiring the buyer to ship the item back.”  It would be terrible to lose both the money and the item. 

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@untamed_performance wrote:

I guess i should be clearer about why the person claimed Not As Described..
The person for thought they were getting a Standalone ECU for some reason. Which costs way more than $95 . 

The listing clearly states for the sensor kit and nothing more.

It is too bad that the buyer did not take the time to read the listing carefully and to ask questions to verify that the item was what (s)he wanted.  

I believe that it is better to ask questions (and risk irritating my potential seller) than to buy something which turns out to be other than what I want or in a condition which is unacceptable to me.  I do not believe that buyer’s remorse, not having read the details of a listing, or purchase error are valid reasons for returning items as the buyer should do her/his due diligence and necessary research before purchasing anything.  For me, the only reason for returning an item is that the item is not as described/pictured.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@untamed_performance 

Part of ending up successful on ebay nowadays is learning from a school of hard knocks.

You have gotten a lot of good, and real advice here.  It is up to you to decide how hard you want the knocks to be.  Many times people come here and, no matter how good the advice is, either don't like the answer(s) or are gluttons for punishment or something and end up being stung.  If nothing else, since you have time to be on the phone with ebay, search the forum(s) for similar problems/threads - there are a lot of them - and read how they have fallen out. 

And, come back in a few days and update, as it may well help someone else in the future.  

To recap, there is no such thing as 'no refund' on ebay - if you don't want it back, ebay is good with that, but you must refund - your 'No Returns' doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot.  If you don't want to lose a NAD case, actual or not, automatically, you must accept the return and refund, within ebay's time frame - then you can appeal.  If you ever ask ebay to 'step in', there is a 99.9% chance a case will be decided in the buyer's favor, no matter what the problem is- you will pay, get a ding (if applicable), and may not get your item back.

I wish you well.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Long story short, i got the Hold released and i now have the funds.
Before then i had 4 different customer service reps tell me i didnt need to do anything and they would find it in my favor.
Coincidentally the buyer ended up wanting to keep the item. He came to the realization that the item is exactly what he purchased and he needed it anyways. I think he also realized that the Standalone ECU he for some reason was expecting was worth over 600 to over $1000 and would never be sold that cheap for $95 even as a used product.

Well thats my story.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hmm

Glad to hear this worked out for both seller and buyer.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply