cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Can't Use Discount Code or Discount not showing UK sites

I've been trying to give a potential buyer a 20% off discount. They are in the UK using Ebay UK. For some reason the code I gave them cannot be applied. I tried it myself on another account and I too encountered the same problem. I also set up an automatic discount and that doesn't seem to be showing on Ebay UK either. It only works on the dot com site. Anyone else experienced this? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Buyer Can't Use Discount Code or Discount not showing UK sites

@timerovertreasures 

Actually your uk buyer can't apply the coupon code that you created at ebay.com, neither other overseas buyers, only the US buyers can apply the coupon.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

coupons can only be used from the site originated, so they would need ebay US. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

My International buyers can't combine items to send me an invoice for discounted shipping. I am always refunding shipping charges for them. So I just tell them I will refund them after the purchase. Don't know how many International buyers I have lost because of this. Domestic buyers can combine items and send me an invoice for shipping discount. Could be something with International selling.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I  am a US seller and tried to create a coupon on the ebay UK site, but it doesn't seem to be working either. Any idea how to generate a code that can be used by a UK buyer?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I don't think that it is possible. As mentioned in earlier posts, coupons can only be used by domestic buyers.   Even though the UK buyer is domestic on the UK site, you are still a US seller.   I suspect as well that coupons like that don't work with EIS either but that is just a guess.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply