cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer 100% reputation is totally meaningless

I t really annoys me the Buyer 100% feedback thing. Just for purchasing? It's meaningless - sellers are unable to give negative feedback - even if the buyer has scammed them, taken 2 weeks to pay, or most importantly bought something & never paid - so you have to re-list in after a week or 2, possible missing a sale because of them (e.g Xmas / Valentines / mothers day buying window) . Rant over!!!

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Buyer 100% reputation is totally meaningless

Correct.
Now have a coffee
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Do you have your bidder blocks set to block any bidder with more than one UID in the last year? File and close your UIDs when you don't hear from buyers? Consider using BIN with Immediate Payment Required?

How many times do you get to see your buyer before they buy? How useful would a negative be? Knowing also that buyers can get a new ID with no effort?

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

For a commercial enterprise, buyer feedback was a bad idea whose time should never have come..  smart sellers use this relic to promote their businesses by appearing thankful and gracious.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Buyer 100% reputation is totally meaningless

You are entirely correct - a buyer's feedback percentage is meaningless.

It really annoys me the Buyer 100% feedback thing

Now that you know this, just ignore the buyer's feedback percentage and stop letting it bother you.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

What is really sad is the fact that so many sellers are able to get well earned negative feedback removed.
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Most reports of which are an urban myth
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Not an urban myth though, I've seen it with my own eyes.  

A buyer negged me, the neg didn't violate policy.

I called ebay, turned on the charm, and the neg was removed.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

An OP on another recent thread here did the same.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Over the last 12 months I've seen ebay remove loads of negs that didn't violate policy.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

I've certainly seen plenty of buyer threads where they claimed it happened. I don't know how they would benefit by lying about this. For an urban legend, there are sure a lot of people who believe in it, have personal experience with it and talk about it. 

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

I agree that buyer feedback is meaningless...unless you're running some Best Offer listings. Then you can at least check out the "Make Offer" buyer's feedback they left for other sellers, which will often indicate whether or not they are worth dealing with.

Still, I think it would be nice if ebay removed the "100%" thingy next to all buyers names so newbies don't get the perception that all buyers are 100% angels. Maybe replace the part that says "Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 100%" with "Feedbacks received (last 12 months): 692" or something to that effect.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

I am more concerned about sellers 100% feedback and being worthless.

Ebays recent remove negative feedback removal policy is getting worse and worse.  Neg buyer feedback can be removed as long as item is returned and refunded, which gives sellers a chance to try to sell junk in hopes buy is OK with it and keeps it. 

Exactly what happened to me. Got damaged item seller claimed "they all like that". Arguing is pointless. I have to jump through hoops loose money and time to send it back. And he just gets away with it.

Most negative fb should not be removed. Just because i got my money back does not mean it was a hassle, stressful and lost money not directly connected to the purchase. 

This opens up so many loopholes.

Feedback is meaningless as a whole.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

@secretsquirrelisnowhere wrote:
What is really sad is the fact that so many sellers are able to get well earned negative feedback removed.

Yes, this happens.  Just yesterday there was a new thread by a seller who knew the neg was not removable, but he called and got it was removed.

Not saying that all negs are justified, but that doesn't mean none of them are, either.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply