cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Items: who files USPS claim, sender or receiver?

I shipped 27 small glass buttons in a package that I insured through USPS. According to the customer, 2 items were broken. She wants me to send replacements. Since I insured the package, I want to file a claim through USPS first, but I am not sure who does this: the recipient (buyer/customer) or the sender (seller/me)?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you want it done you should do it yourself! Your buyer doesn't need to bother as they can open a claim via eBay or PayPal.

I hope you don't plan on making the buyer wait until the USPS claim has been resolved, most buyers don't have the patience for that and there is no guarantee that USPS will pay the claim anyway...your problem not the buyers problem.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The seller..always.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

How much are the two buttons worth?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The seller does.

Do you really want to file an insurance claim for two buttons?

Or are these very expensive buttons?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

USPS will not refund any part of your fees. Just send the two replacement buttons as quickly as possible to avoid getting a negative feedback comment and/or having a case opened.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply