cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

Made what I thought was a simple purchase of 2 bags of cat food on Sunday. Used a $10 off $30 coupon. Just a few minutes later I receive a seller message which states first they found the cat food to be defective when preparing to ship and then that they had returned all the cat food to the distributor due to being defective and didn't know when it would be available again. They asked me if I wanted to cancel.

I told them I would not initiate a cancellation and if they selected buyer cancellation as an option I'd contact ebay. I knew they were trying to avoid an OOS defect. I asked them what the defective bad issue was and called them out on their opposing excuses.  I quickly receive a reply stating they found another distributor (on a Sunday) and would be processing my order after all.  They failed to address my questions and left me the canned 'have a nice day' response. I knew this seller was lying about everything and making up reasons as to why they didn't have the product to ship.

Monday shows tracking input.  Today (tuesday) I'm awoken by packages being thrown on my porch. I think, "Wow! They really did ship my cat food". I opened the door and saw a plain white truck pull away. The boxes were from Walmart.com, I was perplexed since I didn't order anything from them. I see the tracking number on the label matches the seller provided tracking. I open up the packages shocked and appalled to see they shipped me 2 4# bags of Kibbles n Bits DOG food and NOT the 12# Fancy Feast CAT food I ordered. I knew they did this on purpose just to mess with me and create a hassle, but needed to be sure it wasn't a warehouse fullfillment mixup. I confirmed this with a call to Walmart, who this seller dropshipped from.  This seller did in fact order the Dog food shipped to me.   I then further confirmed this by seeing Walmart is OOS on the Cat Food I ordered! This proved 100% the seller did this on purpose! When I messaged them about what I received they continued to lie, claiming Walmart filled the order wrong. This was 100% invalid!!  No matter what, this seller wouldn't admit to lying through this entire ordeal.

I phoned ebay throughout these issues. I then had to file a return. Of course I knew the seller would agree in order to avoid the defect they tried to avoid from the start! So minutes later I received a return shipping label addressed to Walmart returns center. I confirmed with Walmart that this seller did in fact expedite a return and Walmart supplied a label. Walmart was appalled that any anyone would do this type of thing to a buyer on purpose.

The shipping label kept printing blank! It required me to download the label versus a direct print option.  It wasn't my error, I printed something immediately after to check. I had to phone ebay yet again and spend a half an hour to get a workable label. The Ebay CS rep lied stating ebay supplied the label when I questioned why I was given a label with a return address to Walmart. There is no way ebay supplied that label, they didn't know where the seller was shipping this bogus item from! I don't understand why the seller was able to get away with this. I'd expect the return would have to go to their seller account address and not a third party.

If sellers wonder where all the buyers have gone they only have other sellers to blame!! All I did was purchase 2 bags of cat food to feed my rescue cats, immediately paying. That should have been it. Instead this has been a nightmare ever since I pressed the purchase button!! While the horrible seller sits at home drop shipping items galore, a buyer is left holding the bag having to make constant phone calls, having my monies out there and having to go through the PITA return process. Not to mention I lost the $10 coupon I used to purchase from this awful person. Ebay claimed they were immediately reissuing it to me, but of course they failed to do so!

This seller is the absolute WORST I've ever come across. The intentional fraud they've perpetrated is simply disgusting! Next time you wonder why ebay has to believe the buyer over the seller as to what they received, think about this post! Ebay continues to let these type of sellers chase away the buyers!

Message 1 of 114
latest reply
113 REPLIES 113

Re: Blatant SELLER Fraud!!

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mg152 wrote:
FYI according to eBay employees dropshipping is only allowed if the seller has already purchased the items before listing. Now I have no idea how that would work but that’s what @Anonymous said. Ami right this time Trinton? 😀😀

Hi @mg152, dropshipping is allowed when the seller has an agreement with the supplier to sell their products or when the seller owns the products prior to the buyer making their purchase. We do not allow for sellers to list items on eBay and then order the product from another site to be shipped directly to the buyer after a purchase is made. More information about our policies on dropshipping can be found here and here.

@Anonymous  Perhaps I'm missing it but I don't see where in those policies it says that the seller is not allowed to list items on eBay and then order the product from another site to be shipped directly to the buyer after a purchase is made.  It seems that there are quite a few sellers doing this so I'm curious if that actually rule is stated somewhere.

I can't help but believe that the vast majority of drop shippers do not "own" the merchandise they sell until an order is placed.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 106 of 114
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mg152 wrote:
FYI according to eBay employees dropshipping is only allowed if the seller has already purchased the items before listing. Now I have no idea how that would work but that’s what @Anonymous said. Ami right this time Trinton? 😀😀

Hi @mg152, dropshipping is allowed when the seller has an agreement with the supplier to sell their products or when the seller owns the products prior to the buyer making their purchase. We do not allow for sellers to list items on eBay and then order the product from another site to be shipped directly to the buyer after a purchase is made. More information about our policies on dropshipping can be found here and here.

@Anonymous  Perhaps I'm missing it but I don't see where in those policies it says that the seller is not allowed to list items on eBay and then order the product from another site to be shipped directly to the buyer after a purchase is made.  It seems that there are quite a few sellers doing this so I'm curious if that actually rule is stated somewhere.

Hi @pjcdn2005, I've included a screenshot below of the relevant portion of this policy for reference: 

Selling Practices Policy > Read our full policy > Terms and conditionsSelling Practices Policy > Read our full policy > Terms and conditions

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Message 107 of 114
latest reply

Trinton, Thank you for the screenshot. I didn't notice that last part earlier. 

Message 108 of 114
latest reply

@Anonymous

Interesting policy on the dropshipping. So does that mean all those sellers from Israel who were using that SalesFreak program to scape listings off Amazon and list them on Ebay and then when the item sold on Ebay they bought it from the Amazon seller and had it shipped to the buyer were actually not following this policy? There were a whole big bunch of them, many with listings in the thousands and all you had to do was copy the listing title here on Ebay, go to Amazon and plug it in and you found the item ... some were being sold by Amazon, some were in Amazon's fulfilment program and others were just coming from third party sellers shipping themselves ... I sort of doubt that these Ebay sellers had an agreement with all those various sellers on Amazon.

Message 109 of 114
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@readabouthorses wrote:

@Anonymous

Interesting policy on the dropshipping. So does that mean all those sellers from Israel who were using that SalesFreak program to scape listings off Amazon and list them on Ebay and then when the item sold on Ebay they bought it from the Amazon seller and had it shipped to the buyer were actually not following this policy? There were a whole big bunch of them, many with listings in the thousands and all you had to do was copy the listing title here on Ebay, go to Amazon and plug it in and you found the item ... some were being sold by Amazon, some were in Amazon's fulfilment program and others were just coming from third party sellers shipping themselves ... I sort of doubt that these Ebay sellers had an agreement with all those various sellers on Amazon.

Hi @readabouthorses, this sounds like a violation of our current policy. We are continuously reviewing and taking appropriate action when violations are discovered. We'll definitely work to remove anything that may lead to a negative experience for our Community!

Message 110 of 114
latest reply

" but I don't see where in those policies it says that the seller is not allowed to list items on eBay and then order the product from another site to be shipped directly to the buyer after a purchase is made. It seems that there are quite a few sellers doing this so I'm curious if that actually rule is stated somewhere."

I get lots of items as a 'gift' from the big A when I bought it from here. I do not like A so I always get a bit upset.
Message 111 of 114
latest reply

@sodelight wrote:

Made what I thought was a simple purchase of 2 bags of cat food on Sunday. Used a $10 off $30 coupon. Just a few minutes later I receive a seller message which states first they found the cat food to be defective when preparing to ship and then that they had returned all the cat food to the distributor due to being defective and didn't know when it would be available again. They asked me if I wanted to cancel.

I told them I would not initiate a cancellation and if they selected buyer cancellation as an option I'd contact ebay. I knew they were trying to avoid an OOS defect. I asked them what the defective bad issue was and called them out on their opposing excuses.  I quickly receive a reply stating they found another distributor (on a Sunday) and would be processing my order after all.  They failed to address my questions and left me the canned 'have a nice day' response. I knew this seller was lying about everything and making up reasons as to why they didn't have the product to ship.

Monday shows tracking input.  Today (tuesday) I'm awoken by packages being thrown on my porch. I think, "Wow! They really did ship my cat food". I opened the door and saw a plain white truck pull away. The boxes were from Walmart.com, I was perplexed since I didn't order anything from them. I see the tracking number on the label matches the seller provided tracking. I open up the packages shocked and appalled to see they shipped me 2 4# bags of Kibbles n Bits DOG food and NOT the 12# Fancy Feast CAT food I ordered. I knew they did this on purpose just to mess with me and create a hassle, but needed to be sure it wasn't a warehouse fullfillment mixup. I confirmed this with a call to Walmart, who this seller dropshipped from.  This seller did in fact order the Dog food shipped to me.   I then further confirmed this by seeing Walmart is OOS on the Cat Food I ordered! This proved 100% the seller did this on purpose! When I messaged them about what I received they continued to lie, claiming Walmart filled the order wrong. This was 100% invalid!!  No matter what, this seller wouldn't admit to lying through this entire ordeal.

I phoned ebay throughout these issues. I then had to file a return. Of course I knew the seller would agree in order to avoid the defect they tried to avoid from the start! So minutes later I received a return shipping label addressed to Walmart returns center. I confirmed with Walmart that this seller did in fact expedite a return and Walmart supplied a label. Walmart was appalled that any anyone would do this type of thing to a buyer on purpose.

The shipping label kept printing blank! It required me to download the label versus a direct print option.  It wasn't my error, I printed something immediately after to check. I had to phone ebay yet again and spend a half an hour to get a workable label. The Ebay CS rep lied stating ebay supplied the label when I questioned why I was given a label with a return address to Walmart. There is no way ebay supplied that label, they didn't know where the seller was shipping this bogus item from! I don't understand why the seller was able to get away with this. I'd expect the return would have to go to their seller account address and not a third party.

If sellers wonder where all the buyers have gone they only have other sellers to blame!! All I did was purchase 2 bags of cat food to feed my rescue cats, immediately paying. That should have been it. Instead this has been a nightmare ever since I pressed the purchase button!! While the horrible seller sits at home drop shipping items galore, a buyer is left holding the bag having to make constant phone calls, having my monies out there and having to go through the PITA return process. Not to mention I lost the $10 coupon I used to purchase from this awful person. Ebay claimed they were immediately reissuing it to me, but of course they failed to do so!

This seller is the absolute WORST I've ever come across. The intentional fraud they've perpetrated is simply disgusting! Next time you wonder why ebay has to believe the buyer over the seller as to what they received, think about this post! Ebay continues to let these type of sellers chase away the buyers!

I guess I am curious as to why you even questioned what they said in their original message?  If a seller tells me that something is defective and he does not want to ship it,  I would have just said 'go ahead and cancel my order.'

I wouldn't question them nor push them.  I wouldn't know if they lied to me or not.  I would just move on.  But that is just how I would deal with it.  Others take a different course of action.

Of course, I think that giving a defect or a strike against either buyer or seller is childish.  Things like this happen in almost all retails venues from B&M stores to catalog sales to on-line sale sites.  It is just a fact of selling and purchasing.

Of course, as I posted earlier, I don't care whether or not a seller gets a defect.  That is what happens tons of time in the real world.  Seller is out of product so either the buyer or seller cancels the order.   I agree with the poster who thinks that E-bay is forcing these issues on sellers.   If they don't want sellers to dropship, ban it on the site.  But if they are going to allow sellers to use this method, then E-bay should use a less punitive approach to the dropshipper who has  OOS problems.    Not being able to get the product from their wholesaler or whomever, on the drop of a hat, is usually not under the control of the seller.

I am perfectly in line with banning it if the problems are so horrific for both buyer and seller.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 112 of 114
latest reply

I've already answered these questions throughout this thread. I even addressed it in the original post. If you re-read it you'll see that I questioned it because they contradicted themself. This is how I knew they lied! I'm tired to of feeling like the accused here when I did nothing wrong. You don't seem to have read much of what has been already stated, including Trinton from ebay stating drop shipping on the site in the manner this seller did is in fact against policy! Before you make these type of remarks you should read the thread, then you'll have more clarity. I'm tired of repeating myself. I'm tired of being blamed by some posters for not wanting to take the bullet for this seller. I've said repeatedly that buyers get marks for requesting cancellations. Don't list what you don't have and you won't have to worry about the drop shipper you shouldn't be using in the first place not having your item when it finally sells!! This is not an approved business model here for the very reasons I've experienced.

If you think a seller lying about the reason for not selling an item and then intentionally shipping something to the buyer to screw with them is fine, than so be it.

I bought 2 items, I paid, I should receive them without a hassle, deception or being played games with. End of story. If seller's think buyers should have to put up with this, there will be no buyers left here. This site needs all the buyer's they can get!

I'm done visiting this thread. I thank those who have been supportive, but I can no longer listen to being told I was in the wrong for simply expecting an order I placed to be filled in a professional and honest manner. I truly appreciate those who understand my POV. Thank you!

Message 113 of 114
latest reply