cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidder with zero feedback, and has been a member for 4 days

Never seen this before.

I have heard that I should try to contact them?

For what?

To ask them if they are real?

Not sure how to deal with this.

Is this probably a scammer?

Still 7 days left in the auction, but this has me slightly worried.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Bidder with zero feedback, and has been a member for 4 days

@justplainho wrote:

Never seen this before.

I have heard that I should try to contact them?

For what?

To ask them if they are real?

Not sure how to deal with this.

Is this probably a scammer?

Still 7 days left in the auction, but this has me slightly worried.

So what. I get them all the time buying my BINS. Everybody has to start at Zero. Worry about it when you really need too.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

For the guitar? Why are you so worried? A  buyer with hundreds of fb's can scam as easily as new zero fb buyer. Truthfully Id never sell anything expensive on ebay today..but thats just me.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

What are you worried about? Making a sale?

There are more than 200 MILLION Americans who have never registered or purchased on eBay. Every day thousands of them go looking to buy something and end up here.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Here is the Solution coming from a MAVERICK that I am. Yes I would be worried cause those people most of the time do not pay and I get them also. What you do is email them and tell them you will close the auction and let them win and if they can pay asap. If you here from them , let them win the auction and close and invoice. If no, cancel the bid cause you are wasting time. I do it all the time. Aloha.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@countwilley wrote:

Here is the Solution coming from a MAVERICK that I am. Yes I would be worried cause those people most of the time do not pay and I get them also. What you do is email them and tell them you will close the auction and let them win and if they can pay asap. If you here from them , let them win the auction and close and invoice. If no, cancel the bid cause you are wasting time. I do it all the time. Aloha.

Do you really believe that most new buyers never pay?

Welcome to eBay where sellers DON'T want your money!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Well if this Forum would let me post the IDS of non payers I could verify my case. I just had a new buyer not pay me today. BLOCKED and CANCELLED. Why force some nut to pay and them make up a story ?... Since I can not post ID"S here, my word will have to do. I would love to post SCAMMERS HERE . 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@countwilley wrote:

Funny, I just had a sale to a zero feedback buyer this afternoon and they paid right away.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

" my word will have to do"

I take you at word & believe you.

Thanks again for not opening & closing UPI's & throwing other sellers under the bus.

I'll continue with the UPI's so that sellers with their preferences set are able to avoid NPB's.

Hope you overcome your performance issue.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I should also add, all of my nonpayers and buyers who asked to cancel?  They all had 50+ feedback.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Hope you overcome your performance issue.

Smiley LOL

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

You are selling a 12 string guitar with a whole lot of problems with it. I can assure you only a guitar collector, or someone who really wants this guitar and is prepared to repair it on their dime is bidding for it. The buyer very likely created this account simply to buy this guitar. I have sold to countless buyers who created accounts on the same day. All that matters is you get payment once the auction is over. If you don't get paid, just block the buyer and list it again. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Yep.  That sounds like an accurate feedback score for someone who has just joined eBay.

Be sure to welcome him to the site.  That often makes a good first impression for newbies.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 13 of 13
latest reply