cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Because I am a disabled person you can not prohibit me to sell anything on EBay because you can not

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Because I am a disabled person you can not prohibit me to sell anything on EBay because you can not

Can you come back and finish your post?

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

What is your question or concern?

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Surely the 'hot' word is "anything", because many who sell here are disabled. Did you have a particular item pulled?

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Big sigh....

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Hi, while there might be accommodations that should be made available to stay in compliance with the ADA, it's difficult to help without knowing more. 

However, having a disability doesn't exclude any seller from eBay's policies and/or terms & conditions.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

EBay prohibits many people from selling many things irregardless of their disability status.  

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

...and yet they did anyway.

This is their website and they can impose selling limits however they see fit.

Without any further details it is not likely that anyone can help to clarify what happened.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

@eldela_1920 

What are you trying to sell?

Have a great day.
Message 9 of 29
latest reply

You are correct, eBay cannot discriminate against the disabled. While I have never read or heard they are guilty of this, perhaps you could provide details. What was the item (s) they prohibited you from selling and what exactly was the reason given? Precise details are really needed in order to assist you. 

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Well, it's a change from "I'm a 65 year old SENIOR CITIZEN and I can't be expected to know [insert complaint]!!!!!!!!!! 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Because I am a disabled person you can not prohibit me to sell anything on EBay

You are correct - we cannot prohibit you from selling anything on EBay.

But eBay certainly can. 

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

If you found you cannot sell a particular item, i can assure you it is not because of discrimination stemming from your disability status. There are many items prohibited on eBay. When we sign up to use the platform, we all agree to the rules and policies of the site. For more info on this, see links below.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/prohibited-restricted-items?id=4207

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

How does eBay know you're disabled?

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

I prohibit you from selling alcohol, tobacco and firearms on ebay and if you don't like it, take it up with ebay.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 15 of 29
latest reply