cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BROKEN SEARCH ENGINE ??? why would ebay make it so FRUSTRATING

is anyone else having issues find items on ebay ? wow 5 days in a row i have been trying to find items and i get WACKED results , i am searching as a buyer and seller . 80% of my searches i get so frustrated i purchase elsewhere . example . i just searched for " Legendary Ladies " ebays broken search engine shows Legenday shoes , legendary star wars toys , legenday playing cards .... FRUSTRATING ( as i a buyer and seller ) when i added to the search goddess deck ........... WOW it showed up BROKEN ............ wow no wonder my sales are thru the floor BROKEN by EBAY ... what I*****t would think of this LUNACY frustrate buyers and seller .

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: BROKEN SEARCH ENGINE ??? why would ebay make it so FRUSTRATING

Legendary Ladies

how does the search engine know what this is?  Is it a doll, toy, shoes? 

you need a better search term

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

When searching for a book title, try adding more than two words from the title.

Or try adding the author's last name, or limiting your search to the Book category.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=legendary+ladies+goddess+deck&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=legendary+ladies+shen&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=l...

If you are not sure of the full title or author, limit your search to the Book category, then scan the results until you find a good result -- then use the information in that title to create a better, more targeted search. Use what you do know to find more info so you can create a better search.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

its only the first two words of the title wow guess search engines shouldn't use the words you type ? that makes no sense , instead ebay brings out useless items that only have one word in common .. is that the way it works because as a buyer that is frustrating .. No they need an END USER friendly search engine , not ebay programmer friendly search engine ... guess my customers should be taught a lesson and me  . BROKEN , this is ebays fault not mine we are the end users ,

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

the first two words were the title of the item , yet ebays BROKEN search engine only brings up unrelated search items that include only one of the two words i typed , when i add the rest WOW it shows .( all four words BROKEN ). FRUSTRATING broken ebay should make it easy to find items that the end user wants , i do not need anymore frustration ............. so i purchased elsewhere , but its good to see that the customer is wrong when searching for what i want to purchase BROKEN

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Well have to agree with you on say two word search: that the first results should be such items, them two words are used in consecutive order, and then the rest later....

Yep its broke and going to be to much a learning curve for some..

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

the first two words were the title of the item , yet ebays BROKEN search engine only brings up unrelated search items that include only one of the two words i typed

Just because a search does not operate the way you think it should does not mean that it is broken.

Two words may not be enough to uniquely identify a particular item. The results returned from a two word keyword search are related to the keywords, though. Most likely all the results had both terms (or synonyms) present in the title or item-specifics. For instance, a search for legendary ladies will return items with both of those words in the title. It will also return items with legendary in the title and ladies in the item-specifics, such as items that are listed in a Ladies Shoes category.

If a search is returning many results that appear to not be related to your search keywords, that is a sign you need to narrow your search further to avoid those results. You can limit your search using additional keywords, by changing the category, or by adding filter options.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

@jasoheat_0  Ihave been messaging a buyer because ebay keeps telling him I don't ship to Canada. I do ship to Canada and the listing is set up for the Global shipping program.  The item is not restricted. We're still working on a solution. He also told me that he searched and searched on ebay using whole phrases, partials, individual words etc and finally found it by googling it. He followed a Pic click link which is how he found our ebay listing. He said every word in our title were exactly what he searched for. I get messages prompting me to reply to questions. When I do, it says the message is more than 90 days old and so I can't reply. Oddly enough, it was sent yesterday.

It's been happening a lot with a wide variety of misinformation. I can understand that mistakes happen, but it's been happening way too much.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

i completely agree , a mistake is one think but an ongoing mistake shows there are issues .

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

its odd that only the product i was looking for had the words Legendary Ladies in it and yet ebay brings up irrelevant searches , legendary shoes , legendary  star wars toys etc... yet again only the item i am looking for has these first two words and no other item( once i added the last 2 words they appeared BROKEN should not be this difficult )  ..... it would seem to me that there search engine is fouled and has serious issues . It should be easy for a customer to find not Frustrating . 

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

and our sales , NOT END USER FRIENDLY ebay 

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

so as a buyer it should not be easy to find an item on ebay , Especially if the item i am looking is the only item using those two words consecutively( on ebay )  that i type in .........WOW . let me ask a question who is the end user ? and shouldnt that experience for the end user be pleasant NOT frustrating . 

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Dunno what you're looking for exactly but when I use "Legendary Ladies" as a search term on my PC I get hits on a particular book with several listings and a listing for note cards mixed in with other stuff.

I don't use the phone app.  Maybe search on that platform is defective.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

it was on my computer , and your correct now they show , my first three times searching it didnt show until i added the last 2 words .. again this shows ebay is BROKEN

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

i took out the s and look at what it shows , great AI there ebay  BROKE , again my search like this should have shown the listing i wanted as it is the closets to the spelling . BROKEN , it should not be this FRUSTRATING  

IMG-5689.jpg

Message 15 of 31
latest reply