cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic returns now in effect?

(This is in regards to my other ID)

Just received a return request that was automatically approved...is this new? Have had a couple return requests in the recent past and this has never happened before as I have always had to choose an option to go forward with the request.

I checked to make sure I have my return choices on in my seller account and they're still in place (to only automatically return if return is $1 or less), so this is definitely a brand new process. Picture shown is the message I received.

PS-At least it wasn't a SNAD...also happy to have a 20% re-stocking fee in place(whew!)

IMG_20171027_182113.jpg

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Most buyers are honest, but then you get a bad apple here or there that ticks you off and eBay would just chalk it to policy. I think eBay was doing great being the judge on these cases, but with this new policy, they may have screwed up big time. I just got a $1,000 USD return approved on my behalf with NO RESTOCKING FEE even though I have a clear 15% restocking fee policy. Still fighting it, will see how this goes.
Message 46 of 55
latest reply

Yes, majority of buyers are honest.  IF you are a large company it is much easier to absorb the costs created by dishonest buyers than if you are a small seller.  eBay makes billions, they should absorb the cost of dishonest buyers.  They take the profits from sales, but with no risks.  

Message 47 of 55
latest reply

@lovemypommywrote:

I'm confused about posters saying to put "No Returns" in their listings... can't the buyer just claim SNAD to get a return anyway? 

Yes,the MBG overrides a no returns policy.  But hopefully the buyer will not be filing a false SNAD, just to get  a return.

Message 48 of 55
latest reply

I have been a seller on ebay since 1999. I sell the product Proactiv.

I just experianced my first automatic return. Reason for the return

"Changed my mind" and then stated that the product did not work.

I don't make any guarantee that the product will work, even though

it does for most people. I checked on when the seller had received

the Proactiv product and wash shocked to see that they received in

in the mail the day before they filed the return. The criminal thin about

this automatic returns policy is that now I will get back my used Proactiv

item that ebay has automaticaly accepted the return on. The used product

is not how the product was received by the purchaser. and I will just be

out the money on this item because it is unsellable now. How is this fair

to a longtime ebay seller. I contacted the ebay reprasentative and the told

me this was there new polocy. But at the end of the conversation they thanked

me for being a longtime ebay seller. Wow what thanks!!!!!!!!!

Message 49 of 55
latest reply

Omg. So ridiculous. FeeBay makes so much money from all its sellers, they should take the loss on these type of cases if they are so insistent on these automatic returns for any reason.   My "policy" says returns only if an item is not as described, yet since this new auto return, 3 things have come back for fit, even though measurements were accurate. First time it happened I was on the phone for 1/2 hour going around in circles with a rep. Because I accept returns, items can be returned FOR ANY REASON regardless of return policy. BTW did you know they are eliminating the 14 day return policy?  You will need a 30 day or longer return time....  or you could offer no returns and turn off honest buyers and get buried in the listings as well!  And the savvy, dishonest buyers will know they can return things,even with a no returns policy.  Speechless

Message 50 of 55
latest reply

I hate returns for any reason.  The biggest issue I have is the inflated return lable eBay wants to charge me.  It the return is automaticly granted, thats fine,  but give me 24 hours to upload a return label to the buyer.  I knew there was auto returns but I thought they were paid for by the buyer since it was auto granted.  Boy was I wrong.  I received an item back and did some research.  I was bille $47 fro eBay because USPS charges extra for large boxes.  I could have returned it to my dock for $23. That is the real reason why eBay is doing auto returns.  The markup on the shipping.

Message 51 of 55
latest reply

Been a top rated seller since I joined ebay 2 years ago.  2 days ago all of sudden the ebay system started automatically appoving returns and providing buyers shipping labels on my dime.  I am no longer granted the 3 day period to offer partial refunds or just refund the buyer completely without having them return the item.  Everytime I call the customer service rep tells me a different story.  I didn't mind when offering free 30 day returns became mandatory to stay a top rated seller but this new change makes it IMPOSSIBLE to remain a top rated seller.

Message 52 of 55
latest reply

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

Buyers who are bound and determined to return an item will find a way to do so regardless of your return policy. I think having a return policy results in honest buyers paying to return your item. It's also good customer service to offer returns on "mail order" items.

We all have honest buyers, but the day comes they turn into bots from the evil empire. Then, you are toast. 

It happened to me 6 weeks ago, all the sudden this buyer playing with dad's tracks found out they didn't run on ABC but on CDE. Smiley Very Happy

They create a monster out of your honesty.  

latest reply

OP 10/2017 necro thread

Message 54 of 55
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!​​​​​​​
Message 55 of 55
latest reply