cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic relisting

Just gotta vent a little and  I know its my own fault but this automatic renewal is killing me.   I have the small store with only so many listings (250 I think) and  forget to cancel the items before they renew.  Ebay is making more money off of me now because  I can't remember to cancel my listings and have to pay for extras!  Like I said, my own fault but I'm sure I'm not the only one! arrrgh 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Automatic relisting

try writing it down on a calendar.........or doing one of the one line things..........or open another account to get the free listings on it......

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Automatic relisting

@cjaysshop  I went through the same problems a few years ago. I finally started going to my Active listings page every morning and checking the Time Left column. I sorted it so that the Least amount of time was at the top. Any listing that was coming up on being renewed that I didn't want to renew, I would delete. They count items sold towards your total listings for the month since it was an active listing during that time frame. I used to see how many active listings I had and figured I had X amount that I could still use. I didn't know until I saw the additional listing charges that the sold items were part of the overall listing total.

I'm not sure if this would help or work since it's been a while. If you have your account set so that your listing stays under your active listings, but you set the Quantity to 0 (zero) you can then just change the quantity back so the listing is available, instead of deleting then having to create the listing all over again if it's an item you would like to sell in the future.

We eventually switched up to a premium store.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Automatic relisting

Yes, the inability to choose between auto relisting and no auto relisting remains a bone of contention between Ebay and small sellers.  As others noted it needs to become part of your daily routine to check and end listing in the last 24-48 hours.    By the way, contrary to Ebay claims, I did not see any increase in sales whatsoever from the implantation of the GTC program.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Automatic relisting

eBay's way of helping out the seller.............

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Automatic relisting

and forget to cancel the items before they renew.

That is your responsibility.

With all the Free Listing promotions we have been getting, I downsized from a Premium to a Basic Store and it's reduced subcription fee.

You can also double the number of Free Listings you get by listing on both eBaydotCOM and eBaydotCA (eBay Canada). There are a few quirks (you have to ship to both countries, currency differences, Flat Rate shipping) but nothing seriously difficult.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Automatic relisting

I used to play that game. It was exhausting. I would list 10 items a day in my store and have to keep track of dates and take off any that would relist before my limit ran out. Then leave them in unsold until my limits opened back up. It literally felt like juggling. When I went to Premium it helped tremendously and now I am offered more than I can list which Im okay with. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Automatic relisting

It is not Ebays' fault you cannot remember to deal with your Ebay business.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Automatic relisting

Thanks everyone!  I was just venting but actually got some good ideas except for that last snide remark! lol

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Automatic relisting

@cjaysshop 

> I have the small store with only so many listings (250 I think) and forget to cancel the items before they renew. Ebay is making more money off of me now because I can't remember to cancel my listings and have to pay for extras!

That's the idea. GTC was designed to generate extra income for eBay when unaware or forgetful sellers let items roll-over and get charged more listing fees. That was quite evident from the seller comments on these boards when GTC was forced on us. When that happened I went to auctions only as I just didn't want the bother of babysitting my items to prevent the extra listing fees.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Automatic relisting

I end and relist in groups of 20 or more listings, several days apart, so there's a few days between end dates.  I use a small hot pink Post-it note, on my calendar to remind me to end the listings.  It's there to remind me the day BEFORE the listings expire and I'll usually end those listings that evening.  If I have time I relist then also, or the next day.  Haven't had a problem with this reminder method. 

Also want to say, it's extremely helpful when doing this during a weekend, as the "New Listing" banner helps tremendously in getting the listings noticed by weekend shoppers/browsers.

You really need to figure out a comfortable schedule to end and relist or you'll go broke!  And you KNOW this trap was eBay's intention from the get-go... so stop giving them your money!!!!

Good luck.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply