cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August sales so far = $0. Been selling since 2001 . What has ebay done?

As a long time seller I have never seen it this slow. Seven day listings. Lots of watchers, no buyers. What ever ebay has done to improve itself is not working

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: August sales so far = $0. Been selling since 2001 . What has ebay done?

It drove me insane! I was soo tired of seeing so many watchers and not enough buyers. Do these same people go to Walmart, stand in front of the milk cooler and watch to see if their prices drop?? It's just stupid that it's even there!!

Message 31 of 60
latest reply

Two days ago, I closed my store and removed all my listings before they drained me of any more money. It's really sad to me......

I am going somewhere else, just researching my options, I don't want to walk into the same situation again. Best of luck!

Message 32 of 60
latest reply

Good luck with that. I sell on 3 other sites or should I say my item sit on 3 other sites. 2 of the sites haven't had a sale in almost a year and the other I am new to but no sales in over a month.
Message 33 of 60
latest reply

I was so disgusted with the lack of sales that I ended 100% of my listings, closed my store, and moved everything to my own online store. But it was costing a lot of money to drive traffic to my site, so I started relisting them, 5-10 per day, until they were all back up. I Promoted everything at 1%. Sales rebounded about 2 days into the process, and have remained fairly steady ever since. Don't know if it'll work for you, but it's worth a shot.
Message 34 of 60
latest reply

I'm in the same boat.  July was a dud and August is proving to be one too.  Shipping cost has risen and BIG BOX STORES HAVE COME TO eBAY.  In the 80's Big Box Stores put all the mom and pop's out of business because they couldn't compete with their price, it seems I am once again being taken over by these stores.  

Good luck to you, I'm afraid we will all need it unless you sell something that is uniquely yours !

Tarence 

Message 35 of 60
latest reply

@nato9boutique wrote:

Same here... since the end of July, sales have dropped off significantly

I made not changes on my side, its the ebay IT team / adjustments to the search engines.  I flagged this with ebay, they see the data and are getting back to me.

I even had auction items which would continue every month continuously and these items just ended on July 27th ?   Items still had inventory.   Ebay rep could not explain.   has this happened to anyone else ?  

I have auctions that auto relist. I have no idea why. I thought auctions ended when they ended. I have learned that there is a fee if you end auctions early. 

Message 36 of 60
latest reply

@thejo-52 wrote:
I got a 5$ offer on an item the is listed for 23$ with free shipping so explained that I can't even ship it for 5$ people are extremely limited. Meaning stupid.

I never select offers on free shipping items. I use free shipping when I see similar items to mine listed. For items with less competition,  I list with buyer pays shipping and make an offer. I get fewer low ball offers if the buyer sees the cost of shipping. Most of my sales used to come from offers. Now I have hardly any sales or offers, free shipping or not. 

Message 37 of 60
latest reply

@khayward wrote:
I was so disgusted with the lack of sales that I ended 100% of my listings, closed my store, and moved everything to my own online store. But it was costing a lot of money to drive traffic to my site, so I started relisting them, 5-10 per day, until they were all back up. I Promoted everything at 1%. Sales rebounded about 2 days into the process, and have remained fairly steady ever since. Don't know if it'll work for you, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the feedback on 1% promotion. I wondered if that would work as a boost. I have found that listing 5- 10 new items a day does increase sales. That is a good plan for full time sellers. I am a week-end warrior and some months I just have time to end GTC  listings and relist as limits allow. I dropped my store down to starter, since GTC and the search matrix failure.  i am working on moving everything to other sites. 

Message 38 of 60
latest reply

I also have been selling here since 2001 and have slowly watched my sales go from 2-3/day to 2-3 week to 2-3/month.   This morning I ended most of my listings..time for a change and eBay's changes are not in our favor because we are not selling the cwap from China with 1cent shipping.  I have been using promoted listings almost since it rolled out, have been sending offers to watchers and only receiving requsts to lower my shipping costs..they are not my costs and just like everyone else I explain that I do not set the rates but folks want  low prices and free shipping...let them buy chinese cwap....I am done with owing ebay more than I profit

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is: Try to please everybody. Herbert Bayard Swope
Message 39 of 60
latest reply

I agree with you as I am experiencing the same sales flow.  Over the past few years, Ebay has made some real stupid changes.  These changes have to come from the top at Ebay.  Devin Wenig is the current CEO of Ebay.  He is running this company into the ground while he collects his 20 million dollar salary.  Wenig is a smooth talking lawyer who has no knowledge of how on-line sales and marketing work.  He talks a good game but that is beginning to backfire on him.  The investors are finally seeing this scam artist for who he really is. Ebay needs leadership that is professional and knowledgable .

Message 40 of 60
latest reply

I hope it works out. Keep us posted.
Message 41 of 60
latest reply

That was my question..How can anybody make money selling items at $.99, shipping included? They must be getting a huge break on Ebay fees and shipping.
Message 42 of 60
latest reply

I agree with this... I have actually looked up some items using keywords and the search says it did not find anything however below there were items in similar item search with the exact words I used to search in the first place. Something is really off with the search engine! Also hold off as long as you can to use Managed payments - no more instant funds! Takes approx a week to get paid as far as I can tell. I have not seen any money for sales since the 16th and I have sold 9 items.

Message 43 of 60
latest reply

There is so much bad press for eBay I don't think anyone wants to buy anymore. It was fun and exciting back in 2001 for sellers. Now eBay policy along with all the fees, automated returns, GTC automated relisting, automated payments and all the other constant changes being made it is a hassle to sell. The postal service charges outrages shipping cost and eBay wants you to ship for free. **bleep** ? Promote your item and if it sells you are charged a large fee. A lot of sellers are leaving. When they are gone corporate can kiss it goodbye.

Message 44 of 60
latest reply

I have found a reported issues with the search engine and they still have not resolved or replied as I was told by customer service. It appears that the engine no longer searches the listing description but mainly the title ONLY. I gave examples of where I ran a search and it only showed 30 items (mainly if if matched the title words) but there were actually over 50 results. If you are depending on keywords in your description being found then it appears that they broke it some time in early July. Once again, they rolled out a change without even testing fully.
Message 45 of 60
latest reply