cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August sales so far = $0. Been selling since 2001 . What has ebay done?

As a long time seller I have never seen it this slow. Seven day listings. Lots of watchers, no buyers. What ever ebay has done to improve itself is not working

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: August sales so far = $0. Been selling since 2001 . What has ebay done?

My sales have also been slow. I think the outrageous shipping cosst has something to do with it.  I get messages asking me to lower my shipping charges. I tell them it is USPS that is charging those fees as I carefully weigh everything and only charge the USPS rage.  

Message 16 of 60
latest reply

That "watcher" feature is a killer.  I don't see how it benefits a seller.  

Message 17 of 60
latest reply

I agree! What is up with those less than 50% offers? I don't get it!

Message 18 of 60
latest reply

I learned to stay away from "make an offer" . It creates a flea market mentality! I am not over charging and I am not trying to make money on shipping..I have no patience with haggling .
I get the impression that ebay does not want small sellers anymore.
Message 19 of 60
latest reply

Why don't they just call it "China bay"? I think they are the only ones who are making any money.
Message 20 of 60
latest reply

I think the Watching feature has always been there. The one good thing I saw with that feature is, when you look at something on your watch list.....it shows an end date. I think one of the problems with GTC is the customer thinks it will be there forever.
Message 21 of 60
latest reply

@palmbeachtreasuresbykaren   Agreed on eBay's "attempt" at improving themselves.  One ID tanked beginning at the time in late March that they implemented the GTC mandate ... "March Madness" was not limited to the NCAA Basketball playoffs that's for sure.  April saw sales drop 50% so the old phrase "April showers bring May flowers" turned in to a semi-barren garden with wilted gardenias ... May resulted in about one sale per week and the account was downsized to the 100 Store level ... June and July weren't any better.  SOooo, since eBrain couldn't figure it out I am once again performing surgery on that ID and thus far this month sales are already over last month's and will continue to climb.  However, gone is the different length durations of Fixed Priced listings that worked so well before GTC, everybody works out their own method to manipulate listing durations but when Home Office gets involved and starts messing with all that they have it's extremely frustrating ... and gee, to think we're not all in Managed Payments yet (thank goodness LOL!).

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 22 of 60
latest reply

Hi. I went 13 days without a sale. Then I started using promoted listings. Have had 7 sales in last 7 days. Ebay is holding us for ransom. If you don't promote your listings. they show at the bottom in searches. All promoted listings are ahead of you. Most buyers will never see your listings. Just another big increase in rates. There would be a revolt if they raised final value fees 5-10%. Basically, that is what they have done.
Message 23 of 60
latest reply

I've seen sponsored items similar to mine advertised on my listing. I'm paying for a reserve on a relist that didn't get halfway to my reserve the first time. This is my last volley. If I don't get anywhere with the stuff I have up now, its goodbye. The seller dashboard is junk. I miss Turbo Lister. I miss making money.

The Golden Goose is dead. 20 years last February.

Message 24 of 60
latest reply

Same here... since the end of July, sales have dropped off significantly

I made not changes on my side, its the ebay IT team / adjustments to the search engines.  I flagged this with ebay, they see the data and are getting back to me.

I even had auction items which would continue every month continuously and these items just ended on July 27th ?   Items still had inventory.   Ebay rep could not explain.   has this happened to anyone else ?  

Message 25 of 60
latest reply

My sales have come primarily from "Send offer to Buyer" - otherwise I'd have very few.

Message 26 of 60
latest reply

what site Etsy?
Message 27 of 60
latest reply

I got a 5$ offer on an item the is listed for 23$ with free shipping so explained that I can't even ship it for 5$ people are extremely limited. Meaning stupid.
Message 28 of 60
latest reply

I agree ebay search is broken.  When I search for Gibson dinnerware and I get Gibson guitars there is a problem.....You think.

Idk what I have done right but my sales are still good.  Had 11 sales here since Friday and 4on etsy.  I am preparing for a dry spell.   Btw....these sales came with a 20 business day shipping window.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 29 of 60
latest reply

Even with promoted listings, it didn't help me much. It's just turned to **bleep**. 

Message 30 of 60
latest reply