cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August sales so far = $0. Been selling since 2001 . What has ebay done?

As a long time seller I have never seen it this slow. Seven day listings. Lots of watchers, no buyers. What ever ebay has done to improve itself is not working

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: August sales so far = $0. Been selling since 2001 . What has ebay done?

It's been suuuper slow for me too and the offers I'm receiving are terrible (less than half) If it helps I feel your pain. Back to school blues? BTW.. if I was a size 2 (in my dreams) I would totally buy the pink and black golf skirt! Love it! I have forwarded it to my posse in the D/FW area, fingers crossed! Warm Regards, Julie

Message 2 of 60
latest reply

Thank you, karen

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

Wow, someone doing worse than me! One sale so far, for $6.95. Doesn't even cover the fees to date. My profit for the month = ($0.43)... worst month ever by far. Last August was just an average month with $334.  Good luck, hope you at least make a profit.

Message 4 of 60
latest reply

My sales are way down this month too.  If misery loves company at least we have that.

Message 5 of 60
latest reply

There are other fashion sites if you don't mind doing the mind numbing social networking and schmoozing you have to do.
Message 6 of 60
latest reply

@palmbeachtreasuresbykaren wrote:

What ever ebay has done to improve itself is not working

The bad news is that more improvement is on the way & will materialize soon.      :cry

Message 7 of 60
latest reply

I do vintage on another site that has been active. Thank goodness!

Message 8 of 60
latest reply

I'm with you!

I still say something is wrong with the search engines at eBay or they have pulled a Google on us smaller sellers and only supporting the big sellers.

It use to be that just using key words would pull up matches and possible similar matches.

I stated this issue in another post that when I search Notre Dame Yearbook, I get everything Notre Dame mixed in. That did not happen before! Someone suggested I enter "Notre Dame Yearbook" and try. This did pull all yearbooks and nothing else. Why the change?

I also just searched a jersey that I have listed to see if any others are listed and what they are going for. My various searches shows that I have the only jersey on Ebay. Kind of hard to believe as big as Ebay is. Anyway, if I put the player's name followed by "jersey", it came up. If I used the players name followed by "football jersey", it would not show and not even in the lower similar hits on page.

Message 9 of 60
latest reply

I am getting ready to pull the plug on this dying platform. Two sales since 7/29 and they only total $12.60 including shipping. Going on 16 years and I have never seen anything like this. The "IT" team broke something and don't know how to fix it or they are too stupid to know what they did. A room full of "Chimps" could probably fix it, but that would cost eBay too many bananas, as no profit would be shown to the shareholders.

Going to check out some other sites as this one has gotten pathetic and a waste of valuable time.

Good luck sellers!

Message 10 of 60
latest reply

No sales at all since August7th 2019 😞
Message 11 of 60
latest reply

There could be several reasons sales are slowing down. For me August is usually one of my worst months, I have been on ebay since 2010. In general I believe many people are in budget shock at the end of summer. Back to school is ongoing and the bills from summer vacations are starting to show up. The seasonal change for clothes is already happening. Plus many people are still on vacation and may actually have the willpower to unplug from the internet for a week. "Needs" vs. wants can often be adjusted at the end of summer so unless we sell survival products and necessities like soap and socks a drop in sales does not surprise me. The winds of change are apparent in retail more than ever. The stock market is taking a hit this week and some people will close their wallets instinctively until signs of stability emerge. I know I do. I have barely spent a dollar on ebay since June when I downsized my store. Yet I have kept my regular full-time job and have taken on several small side gigs this summer to make up for the ebay stink. Look past Labor Day before sales might increase and take the next couple weeks to evaluate what you plan to sell in the fall / winter season. Good luck
Message 12 of 60
latest reply

Same here, dwindled sales.  Small business anchor store, typically 5 - 10 daily sales in vintage automotive parts daily.  Now zero nothing.

In addition my international sales has dried up in the past 3 months.  Still selling the same type products and availability.

Indeed, I do believe eBay software engineers have screwed things up.

And shipping costs have gone up 18% in the past 7 years!   USPS, Fedex, UPS, DHL are supposed to get more efficient with delivery, not more expensive!

Message 13 of 60
latest reply

Yes, same opinion.
No sales. Seller HUB, GTC, etc, etc. ALL DISASTERS !
Several calls and no changes.
EBAY doesn't budge, stubborn.
Looking for a different platform.
Message 14 of 60
latest reply

quick up-date:

Had 45 listings end last night.

1 sale and that was a best offer. 

Of course I am still waiting on payment!

Message 15 of 60
latest reply