cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auctions soon to be automatically relisted too?

This morning after 10 weeks of no extra free listing offers (besides the 50 each month) finally got a 100 free auction listings offer. Thrilled! Then read their paragraphs of fine print. This is frightening: "qualifying listings that do not sell during their first listing duration may automatically renew/relist outside the Promotion Period, and will be subject to standard insertion fees."     Not so thrilled anymore. What does "may" mean? Like they might relist & charge me, or they might choose not to relist?  Do we take a chance on this? If true then the baloney in their announcement about how the fixed price items will eternally relist & we will pay 35 cents each unless we cancel ahead of time includes ONLY those BINs & Fixed Price was a lie. Holy cow, really need this clarified before listing any more "free" items.

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@moldy5 wrote:
Thank You Trinton, I finally got my answer!!! As I understand you, since my listings do NOT say they will automatically relist by you guys & I have NOT checked the "please auto-relist this" box there will be no relist by either of us. And no surprise fees for me. Thank You again!

Hi @moldy5, correct! Unless you choose to renew/relist, or eBay has applied this automatically at the time of listing (which would be clearly stated in the listing form and have no insertion fees applied), your auctions will not renew/relist after the initial duration. No surprise fees or anything like that slight_smile

View Best Answer in original post

Message 52 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

That is scary.  Would you mind posting the entire portion of the promo that explains the rules of the promo.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 71
latest reply

Very embarrassed to tell you that I have no clue how to do that. I kept 2 tabs open as I wrote my question & went back & forth so every word in that part of their fine print was exactly as they printed it. Hope someone else who got this offer & knows how to do this will help.
Message 3 of 71
latest reply

I didn't get the 100 Free Auction because I have been so vocal on the boards.  They are punishing me for saying the truth.  "they can't handle the truth."

I am only going to relist a few items w BIN and I am making sure it says 30 day.  I will see when they start the GTC if I will list.  It depends on the rules.  If they let you cancel the listing before the 30 days, with out  penalty that will be a big factor.  

I don't like auctions and stopped using them, because of so many non-paying bidders/buyers.  I only list with BIN w/ immediate payment.  That Stopped the non paying buyers and I had a lot less stress. 

Change the channel!
Message 4 of 71
latest reply

Yup, scary stuff.

I had to make a quick check of that on the wife's account. (I did not get the offer)

Her fine print did not have:

"qualifying listings that do not sell during their first listing duration may automatically renew/relist outside the Promotion Period, and will be subject to standard insertion fees."

The automatic relist would create problems. Her auction listings are one time shots during a "freebie" promotion.  Ending "auctions" early can trigger the "bots" into action. Don't need that.

Message 5 of 71
latest reply

Let's see if I can help.

Take your mouse and move the curser to the start of what you want to copy.  Don't click on anything, just move the curser. 

Once you have that curser positioned at the start of the area that you want to copy

Now hold down your left button on your mouse, steady, not a clicking motion.  Hold it down steady and drag your mouse over the area you want to copy.  It should appeared highlighted as you drag your mouse across the area.

When you have highlighted the area you want to copy, release the mouse button.  Don't move it, just release pressure.  

Now with your mouse curser on any part of the highlighted area, click on the right button of your mouse.  A menu will appear.  Click on Copy.

Now go to wherever it is you wanted to copy that stuff to.  Put your curser in area you want to put the copied information.  Click on your right mouse button again.  From the menu that appears click Paste.  Your information should appear for you.

I hope I didn't confuse the heck out of you.  I could show you quite easily in person.  It is far more difficult to type it out in a way that is easy to follow.  I apologize in advanced if I've failed you.

Message 6 of 71
latest reply

Here's the whole promo :

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/lcp/Auction100.html

-Hit the link above & scroll down to "Additional Restrictions & Exclusions"

-The 5th bullet point there is :

• The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period. Qualifying listings that do not sell during their first listing duration may automatically renew/relist outside of the Promotion Period, and will be subject to standard insertion fees.
Message 7 of 71
latest reply

I got a 100 auctions promo & it doesn't have that statement in it.

Must be different versions out there as ebay does sometimes.

Message 8 of 71
latest reply

@hollysfinds wrote:

Here is the entire section so that it may be easier for some to locate.

Additional Restrictions & Exclusions

• This Promotion excludes listings created with a 1-day or 3-day duration.
  • The following categories are excluded from the Promotion: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles; Motorcycles; Boats; Power Sports; Other Vehicles; Motors Local Market; Real Estate; Classified Ad listings; Heavy Equipment; Food Trucks, Trailers & Carts; and Commercial Printing Presses.
  • All listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
  • The Promotion applies to new Qualifying Listings that are created during the Promotion Period, as well as relists and renewals of existing Qualifying Listings that occur during the Promotion Period.
  • The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period. Qualifying listings that do not sell during their first listing duration may automatically renew/relist outside of the Promotion Period, and will be subject to standard insertion fees.
  • This Promotion is only valid for listings on the US site at www.ebay.com.
  • Fees for optional features (such as reserve price, subtitle, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) and any applicable PayPal fees will still apply. Please note: Not all features are available in all listing flows.

Message 9 of 71
latest reply

I got it and that was in there.  I tried to tell myself it was the same disclaimer sent on all the promos and covered fixed price GTC listings, but now I wonder.

This was in mine:

"The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period. Qualifying listings that do not sell during their first listing duration may automatically renew/relist outside of the Promotion Period, and will be subject to standard insertion fees."

Message 10 of 71
latest reply

@hollysfinds wrote:

My promo has the statement. BIG SIGH. More signs of things to come.

"Qualifying listings that do not sell during their first listing duration may automatically renew/relist outside of the Promotion Period, and will be subject to standard insertion fees."

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 11 of 71
latest reply

I read the entire thing & that statement is not there on the promo that I got

Message 12 of 71
latest reply

Just a guess, but ebay tends to use templates/forms for these promos. My guess is, the "may renew" is actually for FP promos....since all FP listings are going to become GTC listings, it makes sense to warn the seller that listings (GTC) that are free on the first go-round (because of the promo) will not be free indefinitely)

I doubt that ebay is going to make auction listings GTC. But you can try to get a blue to clarify this.
Message 13 of 71
latest reply

You did fine, and thank God Yankeebob1951 replied right after you! He did the work for me! Thank you for taking the time to write all that info. Hubby has tried to teach me but crud, brain just goes into hiding so he ends up doing it for me!
Message 14 of 71
latest reply

I just so happen to have a email regarding a promotion from November 2018 about 500 free listings.  Auctions were included and this is what the disclaimer said.  It does NOT have the same disclaimer as the current one this thread is about.

This is NOT from the current promotion.  This is form a 2018 promo.

Restrictions & Exclusions.

The Promotion excludes the following: items listed in 1-day or 3-day duration.

Note that for listings with Good ‘Til Cancelled duration, the promotional rate only applies to the initial listing; renewals will count toward your monthly listing allotment if available, or will be charged the standard insertion fee rates.

The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.

All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.

The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period. However, Good ‘Til Cancelled listings that renew during the Promotion Period are eligible for the Promotion.

Message 15 of 71
latest reply